K5MDM Radioranch DEFENDING NON PAYING W5MLS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

My previous message in this spot made it sound like I was giving radioranch an excuse for his behavior. This is not what I meant to express. There is no any excuse for his comments, period.

73 Pat N8QBY
Last edited by N8QBY on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey Roger.

I think this guy is off his rocker. I have no idea what he is talking about half the time and the other half I really don't want to know. I tell you one thing, if he thinks that Canadians or Americans are happy with his honesty he has another thing coming. I would never never never ever send business his way.
I have dealt with many American and Canadian hams and have never heard of anything like this.
I think Murray and Jarrid Day should get together, what a combo that would make. :roll:
Anyway hope you make out okay.
Cheers Don VE3GNX
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

I had posted this once before on another topic that Murray was involved in. Murray always wants to receive a pat-on-the-back, he wants people to post good reports about him on the forum. If you go back and look thru this forum you see that he does not post good reports on anyone. He will only post when he has a bad deal from someone.
I believe in do for others as you want them to do to you.
KT9D

K5MDM's BS

Post by KT9D »

I rarely read this forum...and even more rarely respond to anything in it. However, it was far to hard to hold my tongue in regards to this "spat" over a sour Ham radio equipment transaction. I don't know who is right or wrong on the deal...but I do have some comments.
Murray is way out of line calling VEs names. Those comments sound racist. They sound "childish". He also needs a spell checker. His writings are the poorest grammer wise of any postings I have seen in sometime.
More importantly and what I would like to state is that Amateur Radio has gradually been going to the "dogs" since the FCC basically handed it over to the ARRL. The dumbing down of the hobby by relaxing entry requirements is showing up all over the place. Sure it has brought in new Hams...and sold a lot more equipment...but it has also brought in QRMers...foul language...CB lingo...and bogus radio trades/sales/scams. When I got my license 30 yrs ago a Hams word was good as gold. Folks respected a 3 KC spread for QSO's. DX was sought after not criticized. Those who couldn't send or receive 13 wpm code weren't licensed for the lower bands. Novices and Techs appreciated what they had and worked to upgrade. NOT TODAY. The Ham ticket is a joke. I would venture to speculate that Mr. "MDM" has upgraded to Gen. recently from Tech or Novice under this new lax system. Perhaps he was in the CB business or a big "Skiplander" on 11 mtrs prior to getting his ticket. Just a guess...but I would bet I am close.

I have never dealt with Murray nor would I likely have even if I had never read this Forum. It sounds like he has lost business over this little incident. He might be better off to "turn off his mic and plug in the CW key".

I firmly believe in the old adage that "things that come easy aren't appreciated".
Too many "newbies" got in way too easy and it is obvious by their attitude and actions. They have no real respect for the hobby. Murray is just the tip of the iceberg. More to come...FYI 73s Chab
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

N8QBY wrote:Hello James... I honestly think that this radioranch dude is a touch off. I think that his posts are directly related to the kind of meds he is on. That said, his postings are absolutely unacceptable. Once he started attacking our Northern neighbors, I am surprised that he is still allowed to post here.

73 to all. Pat N8QBY
He is having a LOT of medical problems and I am sure there is a high level of stress and possible drug reaction involved here.
I have known Murray for many years and he was always one to "do the right thing" even when it cost him money to do so.
That dont give him a free pass but please try and consider this if you respond to any of his posts. It is painful to see someone you respect and admire have problems like this.

William Lee N5WRX
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

I think anyone with an once of common sense will know that Canada is one of the USA's most loyal friends.
They have stepped up to the plate to support and defend our interests many times. Canadians have served in our military just as some Americans have served in theirs.
Without their support we would live a very different lifestyle.

I doubt anyone would take such comments as having any merit.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I too feel that Murray's action's have been possibly caused by his medical condition as i do not know murray personally but i do know the Murray i've listened to on the air and talked to on the Phone is not the person i would have regonized as the person being discussed here and who's e mail's that have been posted. I've in the past have sold Murray a Radio and bought a amp from him and even passed up on a deal with him and he was alway's fair and polite and when he heard my Wife who passed away had Cancer Murray was very sympathetic. Murray as many know's has a Heart condition and is on medication for it and it is a fairly recent problem for him. Does this excuse Murray's remark's toward our Canadien friend's i must say absolutely NOT. But with that said i have to believe that Murray was venting i'm sure frustration from a medical condition that is new to him and just lost a little control and like so many of have done. So to our Canadien friend's let me say thank GOD your our friend's and neighbor.........
Larry Huff K0pd
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

Hate and predudice are not symptom's of heart medication. That speaks for itself, and his comments were spoken by choice. Just my opinion, and I will not comment further, as this takes away from the original post.
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

N8QBY coudn't have said it better. Comments like those are born of hate.
w0bkr

Details and Facts

Post by w0bkr »

Well, I certainly don't know all the details or facts but will say this much and shut up. This reminds me of a situation I encountered with a guy that was out in space some time ago, and since that time, I won't deal with that nit wit again. Over $40? Is this all worth it?

Seems this whole this is way out of control here. Then again, what do I know.

I certainly hope some reasonable resolution can happen here shortly.
radioranch

A short reply From Murray Neece K5MDM

Post by radioranch »

Some right in all of it. My meds have been totally out of whack for nearly 3year including the ones that keep me relatively sane. Then these heart attachs which scared me badly and when I get scared I get mean..and I got mean...After carefully looking it over , you canadian guys are ok, just something to lash out at in my case. And I am really disappointed in the amount of hams who shoot the first bullet before anyone knows theres a war" if you get my drift. I was trying to protect a man whom I know needs and I went by his work...tThis is where we got to before I ended up in the hospital the second time over the weekend..
I shouldve shut up and never said a word it was not my business and I was in a
STATE that a man should stay off the radio and the email...Therefore I apologize and should now become the guy you used to know, thanks to Medications, for both Heart , Lung,Kidneys and Chemical disorder/ and stress disorder too~~
73 to all , If you dont wanna use me thats fine, I have more than I can say grace over, but if you need gauranteed good radios with backing, youll never find someone say I didnt deliver...Ive screwed up , but always backed it up...73 Murray
N1QOQ

Re: K5MDM's BS

Post by N1QOQ »

KT9D wrote:I rarely read this forum...and even more rarely respond to anything in it. However, it was far to hard to hold my tongue in regards to this "spat" over a sour Ham radio equipment transaction. I don't know who is right or wrong on the deal...but I do have some comments.
Murray is way out of line calling VEs names. Those comments sound racist. They sound "childish". He also needs a spell checker. His writings are the poorest grammer wise of any postings I have seen in sometime.
More importantly and what I would like to state is that Amateur Radio has gradually been going to the "dogs" since the FCC basically handed it over to the ARRL. The dumbing down of the hobby by relaxing entry requirements is showing up all over the place. Sure it has brought in new Hams...and sold a lot more equipment...but it has also brought in QRMers...foul language...CB lingo...and bogus radio trades/sales/scams. When I got my license 30 yrs ago a Hams word was good as gold. Folks respected a 3 KC spread for QSO's. DX was sought after not criticized. Those who couldn't send or receive 13 wpm code weren't licensed for the lower bands. Novices and Techs appreciated what they had and worked to upgrade. NOT TODAY. The Ham ticket is a joke. I would venture to speculate that Mr. "MDM" has upgraded to Gen. recently from Tech or Novice under this new lax system. Perhaps he was in the CB business or a big "Skiplander" on 11 mtrs prior to getting his ticket. Just a guess...but I would bet I am close.

I have never dealt with Murray nor would I likely have even if I had never read this Forum. It sounds like he has lost business over this little incident. He might be better off to "turn off his mic and plug in the CW key".

I firmly believe in the old adage that "things that come easy aren't appreciated".
Too many "newbies" got in way too easy and it is obvious by their attitude and actions. They have no real respect for the hobby. Murray is just the tip of the iceberg. More to come...FYI 73s Chab
Besides the fact this has nothing to do with this thread,,,
I heard all that crap on 80m BEFORE the code requirement was dropped. And most of the calls were extra class.At least one subject party in this thread was a ham before as well. The term "lid" was around before no coders. Don't lump all no coders into the same pile some of us work damn hard to be good ops. Intead of complaining all the time about the newbies why don't some of you "real" hams elmer a little or is that a part of hammin that went with the code? United we stand,divided we fall!

Paul
N1QOQ
NO CODE GENERAL