W9ZFX - Ben Steimle > BEWARE!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7DDR

W9ZFX - Ben Steimle > BEWARE!!!

Post by K7DDR »

I bought a Standard repeater advertised on this site aswell as others for $450, sent the money via PayPal, never got the machine. He says he sent it, but never has arrived and he does not have a tracking number. Asked for a refund, and he started a refunded, then the refund due to lack of funds was cancelled. I dont know how many times he has sold this repeater, but be beware. Filed a complaint at IFCC, so we will see..............
w9zfx

Post by w9zfx »

Here is an EXCELLENT Ham...
Meet K7DDR, The only person I have ever met that would ACCEPT a package from the Post Office, then turn around and file for his money back from paypal!!
Then go as far as to post that I was a "BAD HAM"?

If anyone would like to see the emails that Derek and I have exchanged, email me @ w9zfx@aresraces.com

I'll upload them all to my website for you to see..

Wish I had a recording of the phone conversations as well....

Anyhow, Beware of Me... Sell to K7DDR.. If you want to lose not only your equipment, but the money as well!!!
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

I would just like to see the Recipt where you have sent the repeater and I have recieved it. Still waiting for this and so are some other Authorities. It was never sent and you know it. Upload the recipt also, so I can see it like I have asked so many times...Your gonna need it anyway very soon..
w9zfx

Post by w9zfx »

You know, I was going to get into this, but I am NOT going to stoop to your level.
YOU know for a FACT that you instructed my to send it through the USPS.
I am very sure that you did your research on the transaction BEFORE it took place.
You 1st sent an email asking if I would take $350.00 Dollars, then you came back about a week later with the $450.00 offer,
with me totally ignoring the 1st request.
Would have given you plenty of time to do your research.
I personally like how you "Had to use your girlfriends" paypal account.
You too will have some explaining to do soon.
I think that you are mostly upset because I removed the money from my bank account, so I WOULDN'T get screwed by you.
You can bad Mouth me all you like, Because it is finally going to help bring you down.
You and I BOTH know that you wanted the best of both worlds,
The repeater and the money,

You want the Money back, Give ME the repeater back. You give me the repeater back, and I will give you the FULL $450.00. Yes, This INCLUDES the money that I lost with Paypal taking their cut.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

If you would answer your emails, I woudnt have to post here. The only reason we used her account, if you must know, is because we used a credit card, incase you were to do something like this so that I could I get my money back and guess what ,now im glad I did. So, like I told you before, its not the money, its the point now. I want to make sure you dont do this again to any other ham. I also know your races/ares orginizer in that state says you have taken on the name on your own they dont even know who you are. So any further dealings, please email me, these posts are to warn other amateurs, not to get my money back. And again if you sent this machine, just send me a copy of the receipt from the post office showing infact it was sent so that I can investigate it, like I asked over a month ago and you still have not produced one.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

I almost forgot to add, I cant get your money out of your bank, that would be PayPal, you took out the money after you started a refund so you wouldnt have to pay them back, then they limited your account.
w9zfx

Post by w9zfx »

If "I also know your races/ares orginizer in that state says you have taken on the name on your own they dont even know who you are." has anything to do with my website, read the message when you 1st go on the site.

There is NOTHING saying that My site is linked to any state. in fact, since you seem to actuaqlly reply here, it says "AresRaces.Com & Ares-Races.Com Offers FREE Hosting, Email. and Redirections
For Amatuer Radio Operators, and Clubs/Groups involved with Emergency Communications."

I personally pay for the site out of pocket, and offer the services FREE.

You can continue to bad mouth me... I know the truth, so do YOU.
KE3GK

Can this be resolved ?

Post by KE3GK »

Reading both sides of the story - we all know that someone is not being truthful ...

There are certainly red flags being raised here all over the place.

It's ashamed that we, as Hams, can't be more honest - at least towards each other.

Since you guys tarnished both of your names ... it would be good to start over, and resolve this.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

This will be resolved. I have not tarnished my name here, I was the victim and still am and can prove everthing in writting and have already. I would not go to this much trouble over $450 to make false statements. Beside, as I have stated more than once, if this repeater was actually sent to me, where is the receipt from UPS or the Post Office? I offered to investigate it over and over again on my end, but now 2 months later he can not produce one. So even if he did send it, he does not care if I even got it or it was lost. So either way, not much of a seller as I see it.
w9zfx

Post by w9zfx »

As I have POSTED and SAID to you NUMOURUS times, I WILL GIVE YOU A REFUND<br>BUT I WANT MY REPEATER BACK.<br> You have stated that you would not go to this much trouble over $450 to make false statements. If this is true, Where is the repeater? Why did you stop the emails and start the crap on my website? Why did call and start the threats?
I too have filed a complaint with the IFCC.
Along with the phone harassment, and what seems to me as lies from you, I have talked to other outside resources on how to proceed with you.

The day that you called and more or less told me I was a crook was the day that, Yes, I did stop caring if you recieved the repeater or it was lost.
I also told YOU to call me when you felt like talking like normal people, without the accusations. Haven't heard from you since.

Then one day I happen across the crap on here and other websites with you saying that I should be "watched out for".

The ball was placed in your court long ago, you chose to go this route, I have chosen to go another.

I will NOT give you anything back untill I get the repeater back, or you can act like a mature adult, and work WITH me on finding the damned thing.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

If I had the repeater I would ask for a refund, but I dont . If you sent the repeater, where is the receipt ? you keep avoiding this question. I stopped emails because you wont answer me. I asked for a copy of the receipt 2 months ago and never have heard from you again after that.
w9zfx

Post by w9zfx »

I have never "Avoided" this question. I have a reciept for the payment to the post office from the shipping. The last email I got from you was the day I had been sent back to work. I even emailed you back letting you know that.
Last contact i have had with you was with you on the phone. That wasn't a pleasant conversation.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

ok, great you have a receipt, now will you make a copy and email it or send via snail mail a photo copy? Or, post a copy up on your site? I will wait to hear from you. As I said before, money is not the issue, I'd rather have the repeater instead and if you sent it and can prove such, cause the dates should show that and weight, then we do indeed have a lost repeater. But I have asked for this after you went back to work and in many emails, and on the phone. This could have been resolved 2 months ago or 10 threads ago. So again, I will wait to hear from you to see this receipt. And if this shows I was wrong, I will retract all I have accused you of and send a formal apology and post one here publicly.
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

Well, here is a follow up to this story. Ben (W9ZFX) got his repeater back in the mail, said the label fell of the package or something like that, anyway, I was promised a refund a month ago and still no money to this date, so he has the repeater and my money. Now, his email address bounces, so I'm out. Now I have to pay legal and collection fees to try to collect my money, so a lesson learned and a warning to you about W9ZFX.