KB4QBE Danny E Steakley DANGER

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE6NSF

KB4QBE Danny E Steakley DANGER

Post by VE6NSF »

Hi I am having a problem with KB4QBE Danny E Steakley who on 12/29/07 placed an add # 638131 on THIS site with a Kenwood TM-2550A for $30 plus ship. On 12/31/07 I replied to add & we agreed on $53 TOTAL shipped so I sent a money order to Danny E Steakley who recd & CASHED it 1/12/08. It has been 21 days & I have sent 15 emails and a phone call today 865-233-4091 to KB4QBE Danny E Steakley WHO STILL has not sent my radio or any info to do with this. I see KB4QBE Danny E Steakley STILL has quite a few adds running on THIS site & wondering if anyone else is having the same PROBLEM. If SOMEONE could help me out on recovering this radio as it is starting to look like INTERNET FRAUD where something is sold & paid for & NEVER REC'D
I see his number has been changed & 411 was happy to give NEW number
KB4QBE
DANNY E STEAKLEY
505 SELKIRK DR MARYVILLE TN
USA 37803 865-233-4091
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Am taking no sides here but notice you have a Canadien call and if so it is possible that custom's has delayed shipping. I've read other places where item's taken as long as a month to clear custom's........///
Larry Huff K0pd
VE6NSF

Post by VE6NSF »

Am taking no sides here but notice you have a Canadien call and if so it is possible that custom's has delayed shipping. I've read other places where item's taken as long as a month to clear custom's......../// Larry Huff K0pd

Hi Larry here's an email just in from KB4QBE Danny E Steakley SEEMS this is FUNNY to him. He cashed the money order 1/12/08 and it seems every email & the phone call yesterday in the am he STILL has no track info. BUT he has a different excuse for each email. I buy from the USA quite often & 99.9% of the items shipped have a track #. What's so hard about sending a track # IF this has been shipped. Yes I agree customs can & will hold up a shipment across the border BUT it's been 21 days & no track # yet he has the time to send THIS email. I only wish this was a PAYPAL payment & I will be a lot more CAREFUL sending money orders now. Roger VE6NSF _._

your so funny your radio is sent ......go for it.....
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

Do you know what service he sent it by? If he sent it by USPS and tried to use the delivery confirmation # as a tracking # as so many people do it won't work.
VE6NSF

KB4QBE Danny E Steakley

Post by VE6NSF »

kb9vxq Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:30 pm Post subject:

Do you know what service he sent it by? If he sent it by USPS and tried to use the delivery confirmation # as a tracking # as so many people do it won't work.
That's the question Tracy. HAS it been sent he cashed my money order 1/12/08
23 days later Feb 6/08 & I STILL have no radio OR any track info. Yet KB4QBE Danny E Steakley has the time to send STUPID emails about a lawyer & MY WIFE. That's the question Tracy HAS it been sent why no info on the ship??
ALL this stems from the runaround & no info at all on the radio
k8ag

KB4QBE - DANNY STEAKLEY

Post by k8ag »

Hi,

I just purchased a radio from Danny and it is as good or better than he indicated. No complaints here.

73, JP, K8AG
72, 73

JP, K8AG
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

CUSTOMS IN CANADA IS A PAIN IN THE BUT. GIVE HIM MORE TIME. 73S
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Don't you think three years is enough time?

W4PIG wrote:CUSTOMS IN CANADA IS A PAIN IN THE BUT. GIVE HIM MORE TIME. 73S
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

K9XR wrote:Don't you think three years is enough time?

W4PIG wrote:CUSTOMS IN CANADA IS A PAIN IN THE BUT. GIVE HIM MORE TIME. 73S

I would give him at least until 2012....It is Canada you know. :shock: :lol:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com