Give Sellers some time,... Please,...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4BOF

Give Sellers some time,... Please,...

Post by K4BOF »

As of this evening, I have read several posts submitted to the QTH Feedback Forum about Buyers complaining about Sellers not getting the purchased items to them 'fast enough'.
To submit negative feedback about a Seller not getting an item to the Buyer within 7-10 days is just crazy and unfair. If an item does not arrive in say,...12-14 days, then start to 'get worried' (IMHO).
This negative feedback bashing about expeditied shipping is getting out of hand,... unless it was actually paid for by the Buyer.
My 2 cents. 73 Bruce K4BOF
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Bruce i wholly agree with you except if the shipping was suppose to be say 3 day or over nite. I work for one of the top 3 package delivery companies and have for almost 20 year's. There are so many thing's that can slow shipment down such as poor hand writing, wrong address, missorting and theft if package is left with out a signature. Just know this that on residential deliveries the package can be left with out contacting or getting a signature from the resident unless otherwise requested. But with that being said with today's technology tracking packages is the best method of seeing where your package is at. As to tracking the post office is by far the worst as to keeping the tracking updated. Now here are some tip's for efficient shipping,first make sure packaging is done very good as one normally cannot over protect a shipment. Include a phone number that you can be reached at and also the reciever can. INSURE the shipment. And require a signature on anything you can not afford to lose period. I know most of what i've said is redundant but from almost 20 year's of doing the buisiness those who followed those simple rules i mentioned were rarely the one's with a problem.....
Larry Huff K0pd
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

If you're shipping via USPS, spend an extra $1.05 and get a Certificate of Mailing if you're not using insurance. It at least proves that you mailed something to the buyer.

Use waterproof ink when addressing ANY package. I bought a tube that got lost for THREE MONTHS because the seller used ink that "ran" when the package got wet!!!

If possible, address the package MORE THAN ONCE and include the buyer's address and your return address inside the carton, preferably taped to the merchandise.

ABOVE ALL, COMMUNICATE HONESTLY REGARDLESS OF WETHER IT'S $10.00 OR $1,000. NONE OF THIS "IT ONLY WAS $12.50" BALONEY!

JERRY

N9LCD