Anyone Deal With N1KOQ???

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7LNP

Anyone Deal With N1KOQ???

Post by K7LNP »

Hi Folks,

Mr. Jim Greenhalgh-N1KOQ advertised some "tech-special" radios, which I agreed to purchase on 12-20-07, in the amount of $125.00

On 12-20-07 I sent him a USPS Money Order for $125.00, he was in quite a rush to get the money so he could have funds for Christmas gifts.

He was concerned that the USPS MO would get to him before Christmas.

Being that it was the holiday season, I thought I would go above and beyond, and in addition to the USPS MO I already sent him, I went ahead and sent him another $125.00 via Money Gram to his local Walmart. I did this so that he would have money before the 25th.

He was very happy with this... and insured me that the radios would be sent, and the USPS MO would be returned asap.

As to date, no radios, no USPS money Order.

I have sent him several very nice emails, asking for the USPS MO and the radios for which I paid for.

To date I have heard nothing back, and I did see that he posted an ad looking for some Yaesu parts on 12-29-07.

The last communication I had with him was on 12-20-07, when I sent him the Money Gram Reference Number from Walmart.

Sincerely,

Pat - K7LNP
K4JC

Try and help someone...

Post by K4JC »

I guess this helps prove the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished!"

I hope you get your money and radios.
K7LNP

Jim Greenhalgh-N1KOQ - BEWARE.......

Post by K7LNP »

After several attempts to contact Mr. Jim Greenhalgh - N1KOQ, Seems that he does not want to honor our transaction, nor return the extra funds that were sent to him.

I am not going to slam this person, but all I can say is BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73's Pat - K7LNP
W9DMW-2

"NO WAY !!!!!!

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:oops: Don't let this dirt bag get the best of you, First of all he has committed mail fraud, Second of all if he cashes both orders, He has committed another fraud. You need to get rid of these type people from our ham community. They are useless !!!!! He used you to get what he wanted, Now he's not good enough to at least be a MAN and refund you what you have coming. DONOT let this piece of doggie dong get away with this.

I can understand that problems can arise, But the deliberate non compliance and refuseale to answer your emails or calls is down right dirty. And decietful. Contact your local police and the police where he lives and tell them what he did. File a complaint. Then get a copy of the cashed money orders to use against him. Once he see's you mean BIZ, He may change his tune. His signature on the orders is proof of his intentions. Burn this dirt bag. Keep us informed, I am going to add him to my list of scumbags not to deal with, And the list just seems to keep growing. "WHAT ASHAME". Good Luck Don W9DMW
N1KOQ

Ive dealt with N1KOQ

Post by N1KOQ »

Something told me to check this area today after receiving an email from Mr Shouten that did not get filtered from my mail box. First, I would like to let some of you reading this know about me 1st hand. If I am going to get my name smeared across a website, and not defend it, its going to be for alot more than $250. I have made dozens of transactions on this and other sites. All of them went well for the most part. As you can see, I have no other negative things said about me here. What I sell is my own gear, which I have used personally, always at a very good price and including shipping (usually to upgrade or buy other gear). I do not claim the "will not be doa routine", I guarantee every item I sell here to work and be as I describe it. In the very very rare event a buyer wasnt satisfied, I made it right. In fact, I just mailed out a $100 refund to satisfy a buyer who did not feel the physical condition was as I described a rig in a previous sale, even though I disagreed (believe it or not, the first ever). The spirit of the hobby is to make friends, not enemies. I admit, sometimes I can be slow to ship, and I usually explain this as 60 hour work weeks can be the norm for me, and its compounded when something is returned, which happens from time to time. With the exception of Pat, to the best of my knowledge, everyone who has paid me has received the product and satisfied. What the original poster claims is exactly true. He is 100% correct, with the exception of the fact that he only offered to wire the payment because he was late mailing it out. It happens, and I understand that as much as anyone. I did not ask for him to wire it. I was in no way strapped for cash as his post implies. Simply put, he offered, and I accepted. I dont blame Pat Shouten for posting this, as he is completely in the right. I will not make excuses for why he doesnt have the rigs. What I will do is copy the email I sent to him below, for all to see. Which, for some reason, he has not responded to as of yet. Believe what you want. If the original poster is honest, he will tell you the same email arrived in his mail this morning, and was an immediate response to an email he sent me the night before. I even found grammatical errors (I wrote it at 6:50 am and was pretty shocked he didnt get his package) that I will not correct. It is pasted exactly as it was sent to him.

What I do have a HUGE problem with is someone like W9DMW "Don" posting what he did. He does not know me. He has never dealt with me in any way shape or form. My transaction with Pat Shouten had nothing to do with him, and he should have minded his own business. If he had followed the guidelines regarding posting in this forum, he would have kept his mouth shut. Mail Fraud? Sure, if it was intentional. That will be laid to rest when Mr Shouten picks up his refund at the money gram office. However, here's a word for you Don: Libel. ----And it looks pretty intentional to me <Printer>. Look it up if you dont know the definition. The simple fact that you have a "naughty" list and get yourself involved in things that have nothing to do with you tells me you spend too much time in that chair. Get out and take a kid fishing, would you?? And next time, keep your nose out of things that have nothing to do with you, and keep the name calling in the 3rd grade where it, and obviously you, belong.

Please see email below. 73, Jim N1KOQ.

Hi Patrick, I am so so so so sorry. I got a new laptop so I could use in the before I went to work so I wouldn't disturb my wife with the main puter being in the bedroom and my msn client on this computer dumped your emails in the junk folder. I didn't realize you had even sent them until I opened that folder today. I guess this email subject line kept it in the inbox. I have a problem because those rigs went out a long time ago and I havent seen them, and obviously you havent either. You paid me 2x I believe $250 in total if memory serves (there is a money order in that box). Were way past the time where something like that would be returned to me so I will replace all of your money. My next paydate is this Friday and can send Moneygram the way you paid me. Again, I don't know what happened with the rigs but Im very sorry you probably feel I blew you off. I honestly didn't know.

Jim
Last edited by N1KOQ on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W9DMW-2

Just a reply.

Post by W9DMW-2 »

First of all JIm, Your right I donot know you, Do I want to know you NO, I took someone to light a fire under you to get you to respond to this gentleman.
A simple tracking number , Or a reply, Would have worked quite well,. Think what you want, I donot really care,. I hope that you will do the right thing and refund to the buyer as you stated you would. As far as where the radios went, ???? Good guess, BUT A tracking number and alittle bit of Ins. Would have went along way. At least you would have known. But hinesight is 20/20.
Oh and one more note, Reading about people getting ripped off or supposed ripped off, Is every bodys bizzZ..... Think about it. It happens to often sorry to say. So if I have offended you accept my appology. 73's Don W9DMW
N1KOQ

Some people just don't get it.

Post by N1KOQ »

Again, you have'nt read and/or thought completely before you put your mouth (by way of your keyboard) into action. First of all, if you read the posting rules, which say in a nutshell if you have no involvement of a transaction or knowledge of a particular person, stay out of it. Well, apparently, in your mind, what you had to say about a person you didnt know and a transaction you had nothing to do with was more important than the instructions of those who run and moderate this site. Secondly, you mention someone lighting a fire under me to get me to take action. Again, you either didnt read what was written in my post, or you just didnt understand what I wrote in plain English. So, I will break it down for you as simply as I possibly can:

I got a new computer around the first of the year.
I bought this computer so that I could use it in my living room before work so I wouldnt disturb my wife.
My wife sleeps in the bedroom, where my main computer is. When I set up the new computer with the MSN software, it has to be taught what is junk and what is not junk. Patrick Shouten sent me several emails just as he said. The new MSN software filtered them as junk, believing that it was spam. I did not see those emails in there as the only email that had gone to the junk folder were from West Marine. Bottom line is, (again in plain English). I never saw the emails whether those reading believe it or not. He never called me on the phone (I dont believe my number was on his listing, but I know it was on the other one he mentioned). He finally sent me an email with a different subject line which was not filtered. I replied immediately (and then of course by instinct checking the forums several hours later hoping he hadnt slammed be but seeing he understandably did, and with your elementary name calling included).

So, I know you would like to take credit for what you probably think is my miraculous appearance but it was his email, not this posting that brought this matter to my attention. There was no fire lit under me. As far as I knew he got the packages. There was delivery confirmation applied to it and I'll locate the receipt eventually.

I read his email before I went to work (with my laptop in the living room, remember?), and I saw the posting when I got home many hours later. This feedback was posted over 2 weeks ago. Believe me, I would have been here then if I had known what was going on and I would have made it right. I guess my point to you is that if youre going to reply to something like this, be an adult about it. Notice there was another ham who posted but I said nothing about? Thats because he wasnt derogatory. Id be curious to know how many other feedback posts you stuck your nose into that had nothing to do with you but I dont have the time nor interest to go looking. Id be willing to bet there are several others you dont even know who got the 2nd grade "doggie dong" (the word is actually dung, not dong) comment flung their way. The sorry thing is, at 34 years old, Id bet youre a couple of decades my senior. I hope Ive been perfectly clear and you understand why I wrote to you what I did. Youre comments could be considered malicious and I could take legal action against you, even though I wont over this stupidity. The fact that he did not get his radios does not automatically make me a scumbag, a thief, or fraud. You obviously did not engage your brain before you started typing. It may be a gray area but what you wrote here could be considered libel, making you legally liable for the defamation of one's character, and I could possibly file suit against you because you did this in a public forum. If you had read the posting instructions from the moderators, you would have been informed of that as well. Obviously, Im not a cry baby and am not sue happy or money hungry so I wouldnt even condider it. However, if I were you I would be more careful with what you write about people you dont know and things you dont know about in the future. Yes youre right, if someone is a shady trader, people do have the right to know, hence this forum. Most of us, including me have been screwed out of money. However, does the posting of something like this automatically give you or others the right to start namecalling and bashing someone you have nothing to do with? Absolutely not. Patrick had a right to post this and question it. You had no right to post what you did, and in fact were instructed by the forum moderators not to. Maybe youve gotten away with this in the past because the people you wrote about were actually dishonest, and disappeared, or just too embarrassed to defend themselves in the torture chambers that have become the norm in ham website chat forums (in which case, you may even be able to take credit for running them out of the hobby). "We need to get rid of thes people from our hobby...They are useless!!!!!" Remember saying that? If you dont, look at your original post in this thread. Newsflash: participation in our hobby isnt growing in numbers, its dwindling. At 34, It is an extremely rare occasion to speak to someone younger than myself on the air. Not every imperfect trasaction is the result of a thief or fraud which by your original posting leads me to believe is how you think it is. What if something you said actually did run someone off who may have had a legitimate reason for an imperfect transaction? Have you ever thought about that?

If you dont want to know me, who cares? leave it alone. Again, it has nothing to do with you. Something tells me though that this wont be the last I hear from you and that youd sit in front of your computer all day to argue with me to prove a point that goes against posting rules, and hasnt a leg to stand on. I, on the other hand will take my son out on my only day off this month (I cant believe I've wasted this much time on this already). If your apology is sincere, I'll let this be.

As far as the trasaction goes, which is what really should be discussed here, I hope that Patrick will be upstanding and either delete this mess or at least update the status when he gets his refund.

73, Jim
Last edited by N1KOQ on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w0zs

Thanks for the wake up call

Post by w0zs »

I would like to personally thank you for the reminder of the rules. Too often (myself included), we tend to get on these forums and get wrapped up in these issues when we have no vested interest. I did go to the "Using this Forum" message on the top of the list and read it (for the first time) :oops:
Point 4 (http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=2205) is something we all need to keep in mind:
". Refrain from adding personal comments unless you have actual experience with the individual being discussed and know more about the issue than has been already given."

I know I have been guilty of this in the past! Again, thanks for the reminder for ALL of us!
Terry, W0ZS
N1KOQ

Thanks

Post by N1KOQ »

Terry, I think this is sincere and not sarcastic (when your credibility is under attack, you tend to question things<sorry>). I believe all of us at one time have been taken for a ride with either a ham trade or something else which drives the instinct to put one's 2 cents in there when they see someone getting flogged. But when you're on the receiving end of this, it's completely different. I usually read the threads but never post. In hindsight, I wish I should have posted positive feedback about all those who bought and sold to me because so often we only hear about the negative, not the positive. I also wish I had looked at that damned junk folder! :( . I probably went a little overboard with my postings in reply to this, but I feel the need to defend myself and being spoken about like that from somebody who has nothing to do with anything made my blood boil. As all can see, my issue is not with the original post, which I agree is pretty accurate. Its my fault, and i'll cop to it and make good on it. The sad thing is in 5 days, this guy is going to have his money, and my name will have been smeared by clowns like that guy Don with the naughty list, and I cant do anything here except take responsibility for not paying attention. I do believe the buyer is honest and did not get the rigs because he has been honest in the past and did pay me--twice. I can recoup the Money order once I find the receipt, but the radios will be lost. Oh well. It happens. Im just glad it was a couple of small fixer-uppers and not a big hf rig.

Ok, its too cold out here in RI to teach my little guy how to ride his new bike so its off to the movies and chuck e cheese (with a bottle of hand sanitizer).

73, Jim
w0zs

Wake UP Call

Post by w0zs »

Trust me! I am being sincere. Life is too short. Now go enjoy time with your son!
Terry, W0ZS
N1KOQ

Thanks again

Post by N1KOQ »

Thats a great point. Have a good rest of the long weekend. ----Jim
K7LNP

Still No Radios Delivered

Post by K7LNP »

Just an update on N1KOQ - Jim Greenhalgh

Here it is the end of April, and I have still not received any radio equipment per a purchase back in December of 2007.

Per all the other posts, in this topic, I did get a PAYPAL Payment for the extra money that I sent to Jim.

He indicated that he sent me the equipment, and that it was returned to him by the US Post Office. He found it outside in the snow under a table on his back porch.

He was going to try and figure out what happened. All I asked is that he package it back up and send it and just forward me a Delivery Confirmation Number.

He was going to get it sent out and insure that I got it. I have sent him several emails being very nice, just trying to find out the status of the shipment.

To date - No return emails - No Delievery Confirmation - Nothing

I think after 5 months, a person should get something.

I am not going to slam this person, but I will state that he never delivered what was paid for.

I guess I am lucky that he sent me the money he owed me via Payapal.

I will chalk it up to lessons learned. I have been a Ham for 34 years, and there are a ton of great sellers out here using this service. I have bought quite a bit of equipment via QTH.COM.

73's Pat Schouten - K7LNP