Kenwood PS-52 Look at this link.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4ATS

Kenwood PS-52 Look at this link.

Post by N4ATS »

Please look at this eBay item I sold. Someone says its "brown" , I say it is the Kenwood Colors. Please respond if you see brown or not. I don't and I asked several others if they did. They did not. Kenwood only made "1" PS-52 , they never made a brown one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=024
Last edited by N4ATS on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

Who ever said the supply is brown needs to go to an optometrist for color blindness...hihi
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W4AJF

PS-52 looks fine

Post by W4AJF »

I have had several Kenwood PS-52's and this one looks exactly like all the ones I've had, it looks correct. Also, if Bill Grassa N4ATS says it's all original then it is, he is not a man who plays games.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

I suppose if you put the suggestion in someone's mind that it is brown they might see it, but it would take an awfully big stretch of the imagination!

Cleaning the ol' eyeglasses might help, too... :shock:
K4BOF

Post by K4BOF »

The pic of the PS-52 in the eBay listing, is the 'stock' Kenwood metallic gray.

FYI, the older Trio-Kenwood TL-922A was a 'pewter brown' color.
This 'brown' was from older stock Trio-Kenwood equipment. Also, some of the older gear was very dark gray to black as well. When 'Trio' was dropped, Kenwood started with the flat gray colors (ie. 830, 520, etc). Then it seemed to change with the 930, then onto the 850 metallic gray color. The power supplies have always seemed to match the rig color and with this eBay pic, I would have to agree,... it's the true Kenwood metallic gray.

Also, Bill knows his stuff and owns/sells a lot of Kenwood gear. His reputation here and abroad is unblemished and highly reputable.

Bruce
K4BOF
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

Is that a photo of the actual power supply you are selling or is it a stock photo found somewhere on the internet and copied into your auction?
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

"Is this is a picture off the Internet." Yes it is, however that is not the issue. The issue is in the argument with a viewer; I am assuming his video card resolution or the contrast on it may be set wrong. His is stating he see's a "brown" colored power supply.

I flat out can not see where there is brown anywhere. He stated others have looked at it and see brown as well.

It is no big deal, however I want to ask others if they see it.

Thanks…
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W8VVE

PS-52 color

Post by W8VVE »

I don't see brown. Looks like my PS-52. Only thing I really noticed was the final bid...wow!!! I am now thinking of listing mine on Ebay....didn't know I could get that kind of $$$ out of it! 73...Sam W8VVE
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Ya , they still hold their value , I bought these new and paid some $285 ish for them plus shipping. I have several because they "look good" . Its all in the esthetics. If I was not "adding" more radios and need the space , I would keep them. I desided to get an Astron RM50M to supply all 4 radios. I only use one at a time so 37 amps is plenty. Look at my shack on QRZ , you will see why. I am adding an Alpha 89 next week and need space.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

The case is more of a gunmetal grey which is identical to the TS850S cabinet colors. Whoever said it was brown needs their eyes tested.