KB8PSG ????

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kd8grg

KB8PSG ????

Post by kd8grg »

Has anyone purchased coax or connectors from KB8PSG - Ken Handley?

He has had a ad for coax and connectors here on QTH since 12/31/07.

I sent Ken an USPS Money Order for $41.00 on Jan. 4th for 100' of RG8-X coax and 2 - PL-259 connectors + shipping. I sent him an email the same day letting him know that I had sent the payment. I did not receive the coax nor did I hear from Ken through the following week. He lives in Otsego, MI and I live in Berrien Springs, MI, approximately 70 miles - 2 shipping days. So I emailed him on Jan. 12 and again on Jan. 13 asking if he had received my payment and shipped the coax. He finally responded on Jan. 13th and said that he had been sick and the coax would go out on Monday the 14th.

I waited several days and emailed Ken again on Thursday Jan. 17th. He didn't respond to my email so I tried calling him using the cell phone number he provided in his ad. His cell phone would either ring and ring, or I received a message indicating that he had his phone turned off. I finally got him on the phone on Friday evening (18th). He stated that he was still recovering from being sick but that he was sure my package went out. When I asked him when and how he shipped it, he said he wasn't sure and he would check with _____ (a woman's name). I asked him to please do so and get back to me.

I have repeatedly tried to call him and send him emails since then and I still have not heard from him.

Brad.
KD8GRG
WE8Q

Still waiting for AC-4 from KB8PSG

Post by WE8Q »

I bought an AC-4 power supply from Ken, KB8PSG, in late December and I have not received it. Same story with being late because of having the flu and now he does not answer emails and I have never been able to get him on the phone (never answers his phone). Here is his address and phone number...
Ken Handley
340 Court Street
Otsego, MI 49078

(269)509-2282

Does anyone know this guy?

73, Steve - K8FFO
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
ac5lo

Post by ac5lo »

IF I LIVED THAT CLOSE I WOULD MAKE HIM A VIST
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

I agree...70 miles is an hours drive. Save yourself some aggravation and make the trip. Love to see the look on his face when you show up at his door.
K4JC

Another ham scammer??

Post by K4JC »

In response to Listing #638189 here on QTH.com, I mailed Ken Handley a postal money order for $50 on 12/31/07, for a Comet SBB-5 antenna plus shipping. On January 10 I sent him an email asking if the antenna had been shipped. He responded on January 13 stating that he had been sick with the flu, but that the antenna had been shipped on Saturday, January 12.

Subsequent emails from me have gone unanswered, and as KD8GRG and K8FFO have experienced, I cannot make phone contact either. Of course, the antenna hasn't shown up yet, either.

A check of his call sign on www.vanityhq.com shows he has been licensed as a General class ham since 1993; however, it also shows his address listed in Battle Creek, MI. Seems odd that someone licensed nearly 15 years would suddenly start scamming fellow hams. I wonder if it could be ID theft?

If anyone does happen to pay him a visit, would you mind picking up my antenna?
N8TG

just great : <

Post by N8TG »

I sent him $53 money order for a rigblaster...... and have not received it. Same time period as you guys did. Did he send anything to anybody, or did he just decide to keep the $ and the equipment.

Anyone know KEN?
K4ICL

Are you sure it is Ken?

Post by K4ICL »

Could be an impostor using Ken's call.

AL
N8TG

Some more thoughts.......

Post by N8TG »

Reading a little bit more i've found another add from Ken saying to contact him for his new address. This could be were some of the confusion is. I may have used the address on QRZ because I don't remember him telling me to use another. Anyway I guess I would forgive some of that problem, but I have sent him emails about whether he got the Money order without any reply. I suppose it could be Identity theft. It doesn't matter because I'm out $53.

Ken ...... If you read this contact me to work this out. N8TG@hotmail dot com
WE8Q

Now his phone has been deactivated!

Post by WE8Q »

The phone number that was working for this guy (269-509-2282) has now been deactivated and I get a recording telling me that it is not a working number. I will be filing federal mail fraud charges against this guy next week. Stay tuned.

73, Steve - K8FFO
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
WE8Q

Federal Mail Fraud Form

Post by WE8Q »

Here is a link to the form for filing a complaint on-line for those involved in this mail fraud scam...

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
WE8Q

USPS Complaint filed

Post by WE8Q »

I filed my mail fraud charges against Ken Handley with the USPS today.
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
kd8grg

Post by kd8grg »

I also filed my complaint with the US Postal Inspector this evening.

Brad.
KD8GRG
kd8grg

Post by kd8grg »

I contact Scott here at QTH.com today and told him of the trouble we have had with Ken. I let him know that Ken still had 16 ads in the Classifieds, open for other unsuspecting buyer. I checked a few minutes ago and Ken's ads have been removed.

Brad.
KD8GRG
WE8Q

This is not a case of identity theft.

Post by WE8Q »

I have verified that this in NOT a case of identity theft. We ARE dealing with Ken Handley, KB8PSG, and not someone who is using his name. Also, the address that we have for him is where he is living.

Ken Handley
340 Court Street
Otsego MI 49078

Telephone 269-694-1040

73, Steve – k8FFO
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
N8TG

Post by N8TG »

My complaint to the post office has been filed also. Thanks guys for all your work and follow up emails.
N8TG
N1QOQ

Post by N1QOQ »

Sound like it's time for a road trip. I guess integrity and honor don't mean much these days. Maybe a good thumpin would work? Good luck.

Paul
N1QOQ
kd8grg

Post by kd8grg »

I was contacted by Ken Handley today via email and he gave me a tracking number for the shipment of my coax and connectors. Later in the day I did receive the package via Priority Mail.

Ken still claims that he was out of town, then sick and said that everything got messed up. This may be true, however he made no attempt to contact me to explain the situation nor did he answer most of my emails or phone calls. The two times I did speak to him he told me he was shipping my items the next day and he didn't.

I am glad that Ken came through with his commitment but I do not regret the actions I have taken. At best Ken is a poor unorganized business man.

Brad.
KD8GRG
WE8Q

My AC-4 has finally arrived!

Post by WE8Q »

I received the AC-4 today after waiting six weeks. It is very unfortunate that I had to go to extremes to track down a working phone number for this man, file a complaint with the USPS, and then suddenly receive a bunch of nasty emails from him just this past weekend calling me all sorts of names before I got what I paid for and he promised to send me at least three different times and never did. I will never deal with Ken Handley, KB8PSG, again. Thanks to all who showed their support during this event. I believe that we would have never received the items that we all paid for if we had not worked together on this. 73, Steve Morgan - K8FFO
Steve Morgan - WE8Q
K4JC

Finally!!

Post by K4JC »

Just so the record is straight, I did finally receive my antenna from Ken Handley on February 12. It arrived in good condition; brand new as had been originally described. Odd, though, that Mr. Handley's e-mails started off very well written using good English, and later became very poorly written using improper punctuation, bad spelling, no capitalization and unusual abbreviations (i.e., "ur" instead of "your").

All's well that ends well, I guess, but I will not do any more business with Ken.

Thanks to K8FFO, KD8GRG, and all those who helped in getting this matter to a close.

73, Vince K4JC