n8lpq

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KG6VPU

n8lpq

Post by KG6VPU »

A positive feedback for Ed N8LPQ and a lesson learned, for both.

On or about 5 Jan, I emailed Ed to tell him I wanted the YK-88C-1 filter that he had posted here on QTH and marked the filter sold pending funds. My MO went out Monday 7Jan to his QTH in OH. On Weds 9 Jan while cruising the for sale items I saw that my filter was back up for sale,,, so I emailed Ed and asked him whats up? He said he hadn t seen my money yet,,, I told him he shud be seeing it any day now,,, it arrived on Thurs 10 Jan,,, he told me the filter was to go out on Fri 11 Jan. A week went by and no filter. I emailed Ed to inform him that I hadn t seen the filter yet,,, he said it went out and that I should have seen it by now,,, 19 Jan and no filter yet. Fearing the worst, I emailed Ed agn and said if I don t have a filter in hand by 25 Jan I want my money back.

Between the 19th and ??? Ed had procured another YK-88C-1 filter and mailed out on the 22nd of Jan. with delivery confirmation.

The original YK-88C-1shipment is still a mystery as to its location at this time,,, so when ever it decides to show up and hopefully here at my QTH, as I stated to Ed in a previous email,,, I'll gladly ship it back with a tracking number.

Its 24 Jan and I now have my filter.

Lesson learned,,, GET A TRACKING NUMBER OR USE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION,,, its a great peace of mind thing to use :wink:

73 N8LPQ DE KG6VPU
N8ERM

The bottom line is:

Post by N8ERM »

If you buy from me, I am responsible for the packaging and shipping. You can either accept my choice of carrier or I must apologize because we won't be able to deal. As Ralph, Adam, Ed and many others know I over pack everything. It will arrive in good condition provided the truck doesn't run over it. I have had to change my shipping carriers too. UPS is a total joke, USPS is also, sometimes I see that it that a package has been delivered to me and I have to go to the 722 addresses in my area to find it. . So far FedEx has been great and I am sure there are some that had a bad expieriance with them also. Bottom line is the gear MUST be packed correctly and you should use a carrier that you are comfortable with.
73, and remember to play nice, Terry
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

I have found a tracking number is an absolute must when dealing with the post office. It doesn't cost much and gives me peace of mind to know the package arrived and if it didn't at least I have a way to track it.