W4ICW EDWARD WOODLIEF - BAD DEAL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ad4c

W4ICW EDWARD WOODLIEF - BAD DEAL

Post by ad4c »

I am wrtitting this note in behalf of a friend who bough a "working condition" AL-80B amp from this guy under my advise,in the believe that he was a trustable man but ovbiously I was wrong.What he received was a BROKEN amp,which first had the tube plate cap holding screw mising and also the alc front panel missing as well,on our request by phone,he ordered those two items from Ameritron and after two weeks waiting for them to arrived we tested then the amp and it had barely 40W out in all bands,also in the tunning process the amp started to arc all over,it looked like a gun shoting all over,we called him and again request an answer and he not to happy told us to send it back to him,because my friend payed him $750 for a working amp,not a junk,after he received it back took it to a tecnician who found out that the 3-500Z was bad and also capacitors problems,the repaired bill was $375 and this guy W4ICW wanted my friend TO SPLIT the fees with him which is not fare or otherwise rerfund him with JUST $500,what a ripp off we said,and of course my friend so frustated decided to request from him ALL HIS MONEY,I mean $750 back.This guy agreed and I do keep all emails betwee us,and guess what my friend received back a money order with just $600 after all this mess that this guy made my friend LOST $150 and still have no good working amp.You watch out and be carefull not to deal with people like this W4ICW Eduard Woodlief because you might have same BAD experience we had,thanks to all who read this.
God bless America.