N5FF Saad Mahaini - Bad Deal

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
km5gj

N5FF Saad Mahaini - Bad Deal

Post by km5gj »

Bad Deal with N5FF Saad Mahaini from Richardson TX . He answered a QTH wanted ad and offered to sell me a good working Hi-Q4/80RT antenna for 400.00. I sent him a USPS money order for that amount on December 8th. When I got the antenna in December 13th the motor was locked up. The antenna was DOA. He refused to refund my money and claims UPS damaged the antenna. On December 26 I shipped the antenna back to the Hi-Q factory for inspection and repair at my expense. Hi-Q reported that the motor was locked-up for some time because of excessive moisture inside the antenna and was not damaged by UPS. A new motor and return shipping cost me 160.00. According to Hi-Q the antenna I have was sold originally to Saad however he claimed he never received it and a insurance claim was filed with the USPS. Hi-Q sent him a 2nd antenna. I have furnished all this information to the United States Postal Inspectors. He got to me, don't let him get to you.
PS: Hi-Q makes a great product, not for the light hearted but once set up they appear to function very well.
km5gj

Wheels of Justice trun slow

Post by km5gj »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got a letter in the mail
today from the US Postal Inspectors stating that they are contacting
"Charley" at Hi-Q and are starting an investigation on N5FF.
N5KBP

Re: N5FF Saad Mahaini - Bad Deal

Post by N5KBP »

km5gj wrote: According to Hi-Q the antenna I have was sold originally to Saad however he claimed he never received it and a insurance claim was filed with the USPS. Hi-Q sent him a 2nd antenna. I have furnished all this information to the United States Postal Inspectors. He got to me, don't let him get to you.
PS: Hi-Q makes a great product, not for the light hearted but once set up they appear to function very well.
Heh, Heh. A lesson for scammers everywhere. What goes around comes around. You gotta love serial numbers and good record keeping..

Marty
N5KBP
N1QOQ

Post by N1QOQ »

Bet he wishes he gave you your money back now. What goes around comes around. :lol:

Paul
N1QOQ
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Just great Just great.... I wonder if he think's dishonesty is ok now........
Larry Huff K0pd
KD8Z

Post by KD8Z »

I absolutely love this, go get him Uncle Sam, Saad to the jailhouse, tracking # is 007 14u 7734
Only you can prevent forest fires!...Smokey the Bear
n5ff

Re: N5FF Saad Mahaini - Bad Deal

Post by n5ff »

Folks,

I withheld from writing a response to Mr. Wells's post and the comments by his cheer-leading buddies, mainly due to the lack of interest on my part to waste much more time on this. I have recently been asked by few hams about this post, so I'm taking few minutes of my time to highlight my side of the story.

The antenna that i shipped to James was working perfectly on my vehicle before i took it off and shipped it to him. He did not communicate to me any issues with the antenna for weeks after he received it. When he reached out to me complaining about the antenna not working, he also advised that he had already troubleshot the issue by opening up the antenna to check the geared motor then he also jolted the motor with bursts of higher voltage in effort to unfreeze it. After he practically dissected and molested the antenna, he then decided to reach out to me and demand that i take it back and return his money including all shipping.

I asked him to start a claim with UPS in case the damage was determined to be a result of shipping mishandling , and i also offered him that i would pay for the repairs if the manufacturer determines its an issue that was not caused by his unauthorized action of busting the antenna open and zapping the motor with high voltage. He refused my suggestions and turned some of his buddies (mainly Murray Niece - Now SK, and few others) on to me to mediate and force me to take it back.

Murray was a long time well known horse trader here in this area. Murray knew me and had traded with me in the past. As a matter of fact Murray was the one that gave James good reference on me when i posted the antenna for sale.

Unfortunately, Murray's communication quickly turned from demanding that i return the money to harassment, threatening, insulting and slandering. Murray even went further and insulted my ethnic background and my religion. His communication, which James and others were copied on, were extremely disturbing, tasteless and disrespectful. I have then filed with my local authorities against James, Murray and the others that where involved to document on file the slandering and threatening that i received from them.

The postings by James are stemmed from anger and do not reflect the truth. The other comments by his buddies are off the wall and fictional to say the least. They don't know me and have no connection with this matter, so not sure what drove them to comment other than brown nosing to their buddy.

Its unfortunate, because it did not have to be that way. As a matte of fact, its a very small dispute that could have normally been easily resolved between me and James directly, has he not got other people involved. Once, i was insulted and threatened, i practically decided to walk away from it and stop communicating with them, especially when my ethnicity and faith were compromised.