K9DZD Monte Keller BUYER BEWARE!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ke4nu

K9DZD Monte Keller BUYER BEWARE!

Post by ke4nu »

After sending a usps m.o. for a receiver almost a month ago I think its safe to say I've been ripped off by this guy. He was Johnny on the spot to reply to my emails until he said he was shipping it. He has not replied to any emails since then and and I've received nothing and don't expect too. He had one feedback on the forum and it was bad so I should have known better but I bit anyway because "The price was right" and I had sold him a radio a few years ago and he seemed ok. Has anyone bought anything from him lately? Maybe something has happened to him, I doubt it but its always possible. His ad is still listed on QTH. If your tempted to buy, hold off until this is resolved. One thing is for sure I'll never buy from anyone who has negative feedback again....73, Alan
Last edited by ke4nu on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
ke4nu

Situation Resolved

Post by ke4nu »

One month after I sent him the money it arrived (today). It was postmarked 11-12-07, so it was sent after I posted on the forum. Why in the world would someone procrastinate almost a month before sending someone their item. Also, no emails were received from him after 10-18-07. What is one expected to think? I could be much more understanding if I'd heard something, anything! Poor business practice to say the least. If I sell or buy I always keep the other party updated. On the plus side, the receiver was well packed and in good condition. Guys, when you sell or buy something be timely and keep the other party informed. Case Closed, 73, Alan
W5YMB

K9DZD (Monte Keller)

Post by W5YMB »

I find this hard to believe about Monte Keller. (Please keep in mind, I'm not questioning the integrity of the Author of this initial Posting)

I've made two purchases from Monte in the past. The first purchase was back in mid 2002 consisting of a Kenwood TS-430S & matching PS-430 Power Supply. The communications were very good from him. He informed me when payment was received & when the items were shipped. When the items arrived, they were as described.

The second purchase was mid 2004 consisting of a Kenwood TS-830S. Once again, he informed me when the payment was received & when the item was shipped. Once again when the item arrived, it was as described.

Maybe Monte will eventually " come- forward " & explain the circumstances of the transaction from his end. I hope so . . .

Ron (W5BS)
San Antonio, Tx
W0YG

Very leery of K9DZD, Monte Keller

Post by W0YG »

Monte Keller sent me an e-mail that he was purchasing a Icom 706 I had advertised. He told me he was sending a payment that same day. I never received the payment nor will Monte answer my e-mails. I think all he wanted was to delay the sale of my 706 and have a bit of "Monte fun" along the way. I don't think I will be doing business with this guy again.
AB0ER

Monte Keller

Post by AB0ER »

He sent me a email, said he wanted to buy my Icom T7H. He never paid. I waited a few weeks thinking he may have been out of town. He never responded to my emails
ka4tue

K9DZD

Post by ka4tue »

:( i see k9zdz has equiment for sale right now on qth. i emailed him, no response yet. sure i sm glad for this feed back...beware...ka4tue