KJ4RTG "BEWARE" GOT KITTY LITTER

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N3CIZ

KJ4RTG "BEWARE" GOT KITTY LITTER

Post by N3CIZ »

I SENT A USPS MONEY ORDER FOR $940.00 TO K---X (Now KJ4RTG) TERRY COKER IN TENNESSEE FOR LISTING #624349 PACKAGE WAS SENT TO ANOTHER ADRESS APPROX. 4 MILES FROM MY HOUSE WHICH TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE DID NOT EXIST--PACKAGE WAS SENT BACK TO THE UPS HUB WHERE I PICKED IT UP TODAY--I OPENED THE BOX IN FRONT OF THE UPS POSTAL CLERK SO HE COULD EXAMINE IT ALONG WITH ME AND INSIDE WERE TWO/ 10 LB. BAGS OF CAT LITTER--THE UPS CLERK WROTE ON A PIECE OF PAPER AS TO THE CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE--OTHER INFO WILL FOLLOW--I GOT AN EMAIL FROM TERRY TODAY STATING THAT HE WOULD REFUND MY MONEY--SO, I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ?
kw0o

CAT LITTER SCAM

Post by kw0o »

dont hold your breath OM
de kw0o kn
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

ANOTHER SCAMMING HAM OP.....FILE AN INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT WITH IC3.GOV.......AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH HIS LOCAL SHERIFF.WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH KI4WRS....SCAMMED 7 PEOPLE OUT OF OVER 7K....GOOD LUCK
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

I tell you one thing, I plan on buying a TS-2000 from QTH in the next couple of months. I am putting all scamers on notice that if this were me I would be taking a little field trip to see the person and set things straight. :evil:
Just makes me sick that people would do such a thing. We work to hard for our money and deserve better. We as a community need to stick together on both sides of the border and get this problem under control. We need to self police ourselves and maybe bring back the old days of fixing things, just my two cents.
Sorry this happened to you, :( and hope you get it worked out
73 Don VE3GNX
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

There are a number of hams that live near Coker maybe they could pay him a visit. KA8OJC just lives down the street....

KA4FDC JACKSON GLENN R 120 HILLCREST DR CELINA TN 38551
KA8OJC WHEELER HAROLD M 7755 HOLLY CREEK RD CELINA TN 38551
KF4FAS Anderson Cecil C 795 Poor House Ridge Rd Celina TN 38551
W5UUO FENDER GARY D 450 CUNNINGHAM ROAD CELINA TN 38551
WB7SOO AHLBERG CLIFFORD J 174 KEISLING UPTON RD CELINA TN 38551
KG4GTD Carter Eulis M 4015 Celina Hwy PO BOX 155 Allons TN 38541
KG4NZX Cloud Tina M 121 Pennington Lane Celina TN 38551
K---X (Now KJ4RTG) COKER TERRY B 8632 HOLLY CREEK RD CELINA TN 38551

Use this link for map.

http://www.n6vmo.com/links/k4knx.jpg
Last edited by N6VMO on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N3CIZ

Post by N3CIZ »

OK JOHN--

THANKS FOR THE INFO--IT IS GOOD TO SEE THAT THERE ARE OTHER HAMS OUT THERE HAVE AN INTEREST IN OUR SITUATION AND ARE WILLING TO HELP--I APPRECIATE IT--I AM IN CONTACT WITH THE OTHER HAMS THAT FOUND THEMSELVES IN MY SITUITION WITH THE SELLER--I AM NOT ALONE--WE ARE IN CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER AND WITH ALL THE INFO WE HAVE, HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET OUR MONEY BACK--THE SELLER HAS CONTACTED ME AND SAID HE WILL SEND ME A REFUND CHECK--SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THAT---

TNX ES 73'S
N3CIZ

Post by N3CIZ »

I WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I GOT MY MONEY BACK FROM TERRY--AFTER TALKING TO HIM ON THE LANDLINE--HE EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND IN MY OPONION I THINK HE IS A GOOD EGG---
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

N3CIZ wrote:I WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I GOT MY MONEY BACK FROM TERRY--AFTER TALKING TO HIM ON THE LANDLINE--HE EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND IN MY OPONION I THINK HE IS A GOOD EGG---
well glad ya got your money but it would be nice to know why you got kitty litter in the first place

73 chuck
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

N3CIZ wrote:I WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I GOT MY MONEY BACK FROM TERRY--AFTER TALKING TO HIM ON THE LANDLINE--HE EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND IN MY OPONION I THINK HE IS A GOOD EGG---
If I paid good money for a radio, any radio, and got 20# of cat litter instead, the person taking my money would, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, be a "good egg".. There is no explanation for doing something like that.. :x :x

KM5FL
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

If it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat, most times it is a rat. It appears that this guy came to his good senses. Some people hear about people getting away with scams, and are tempted to give them a try. I am not sure what this guy was about but it has a happy ending, as the right thing was done.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

K---X (Now KJ4RTG) Reply

Post by KA9FOX »

K---X (Now KJ4RTG) wanted to reply to this posting, but did it by creating a new thread. You can read it here:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=4067