BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH W2OT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W8KMX

BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH W2OT

Post by W8KMX »

Radio was advertised, we talked via email and phone, I agreed to pay the asking price and he agreed to ship (when money received). He could only accept Cashier's Check. Jumping through hoops, I drove 30 miles and purchased a Cashier's Check and mailed. I advised him via email that check was mailed. Hearing nothing over the next several days, I was about to call when I received an email saying that he would not sell and would send back the check. Believe me, I thought I had lost the money. Finally the check did arrive 6 days later (he thought overnite was too expensive). Where I come from (where most people come from) your word is your bond and honor. This man has neither. I considered our emails and voice commitments as a contract which he would not honor. Plus he ran me through the this expense and agravation (gotta drive another 30 miles to get the money back in the bank). I suggest you be very careful dealing with him. I think there is a risk here. BTW, I hope I am wrong and that everyone else has a great experience with him.
SRE Tech

Post by SRE Tech »

What's the reason he gave for backing out? That's the main point. Your noted "inconvenience" in getting a cashiers check and driving to / from the bank doesn't substantiate your claim in calling this guy bad.
WO2X

Post by WO2X »

Don't you go to the bank on a regular basis?

Not sure why Marty decided not to sell, but I've dealt with him locally and never had a problem.

Dave WO2X
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

WO2X wrote:Don't you go to the bank on a regular basis?

Dave WO2X
My bank is a couple of blocks away and I can't remember the last time I stepped foot into or onto the banks property. Standing in line on a regular basis is pointless....
Last edited by N6VMO on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ke4nu

Re: BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH W2OT

Post by ke4nu »

At least you got your money back. I didn't. Speaking from experience if the situation seems a little odd (such as cashier check only) reconsider. Now if I practice what I preach...73, Alan