Jerked around by WB0MHH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5GLR

Jerked around by WB0MHH

Post by N5GLR »

If you're going to deal with this guy, be prepared to cater to his whims and needs because he certainly doesn't care about yours.
I had agreed to purchase a tower from him and was planning to drive 300 miles one way to pick it up. However, Lyle emailed me the evening before we were to leave and told me he wouldn't be available when I arrived. He wanted me to wait 2 or 3 hours while he conducted his other business (not an emergency). It seemed to be OK with him that we would get home well after dark and too late to unload.
Needless to say, I canceled the deal.

What a JERK.
Garry
N5GLR
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

It look's to me like WB0MHH was very considerate being as he did e mail you and let you know he was not going to be readily available. I'm sure nothing has ever happened in your life that last minute plan's had to be changed . Now if this had happened on previous dealing's with this person i could understand your being upset.
Larry Huff K0pd
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Were you planning to setup the tower when you arrived home after your 600 mile journey?

Leave your house 2-3 hours later and you won't be waiting around for the tower in unfamiliar territory. Then, unload it the next morning.

Sounds like a convienent excuse for you to not go through with the deal.
N5GLR

Two Friends of WB0MHH

Post by N5GLR »

You guys think it's OK for my friend and I to drive approx. 650 miles round-trip to give this guy money and it's OK for him to make us wait 2 or 3 hours while he conducts other business .... not an emergency ... and notify me at the last minute (11.45 PM).

I don't know where you were raised but, that's extremely rude behavior where I come from.

We were to leave from our work place at 6AM, right after my friend finished his shift, and expected to be home at a decent hour ... in daylight ... to unload. My friend needed to take his trailer home with him ... some 50 miles away ... and go to bed.

It's fotunate I decided to check my email at 11:45 PM ... just before leaving work at midnight (2nd shift). So, I was able to notify my friend and call the deal off before wasting our time.

You go ahead and defend your friend but, I still say he's very inconsiderate JERK.
Garry
N5GLR
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Well Garry you by remark's made in your last posting only confirm's to me about what has been replied to. I do not even know WB0MHH and was only commenting on the way it looked to me in your original posting. You checked your E Mail at the last minute before work,so how do you know whether he had not sent it earlier in the day. I'm sure your both more than likely pretty good guy's that has now had a misunderstanding cause bad feeling's.......
Larry Huff K0pd
ldsands

Post by ldsands »

I use QTH.COM’s Website for basics – To browse, selling and buying occasionally as well as inserting a few compliments. Up until a day or so ago, had not realized one can insert a call sign and get information – thus my only reason for this delayed response and by now, this is “”water under the bridge “”.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this posting ! The whole problem resulted when this buyer “”forgot”” to tell me that he would be coming several hours earlier ! Had I been informed about his plan to arrive much earlier, AND been asked if that earlier arrival time would be ok with me, I certainly would not have sent the e-mail expecting them to wait all that additional time – I don’t do business that way !

Thanks to those of you who lent your support !

73, Lyle WB0MHH