K0KCC - Kenneth A. Powell II

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

K0KCC - Kenneth A. Powell II

Post by WV6Z » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 pm

Well it looks like I have managed to be ripped off on QTH.com for the first time and it would appear that Kenny was the one to break me in. After answering an ad that he had here I purchased an antenna tuner here from him on Thursday, 10/18/07, for which I did an immediate PayPal payment. After no answer or response to emails since buying the item Thursday, here is what happened to the email I just sent him.


Date: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:33 AM
From: Mail Administrator Postmaster@charter.net Add to Addresses Block Sender
To: wv6z@charter.net Add to Addresses
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
Size: 3 KB
Attachments:
[] (0.3 KB) [] (1 KB)

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <kapowell>
Reason: unknown user


Please reply to Postmaster@charter.net
if you feel this message to be in error.

Open Attachment [] Open
--- Forwarded Message ---
Date:
[Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:33:07 -0400]
From: wv6z@charter.net
To: kapowell@kennypowell.com
Subject: Hi Ken

Hi Ken,

I haven't heard anything back from you after paying you for the tuner on
Thursday and was just wondering if by chance, if it has shipped yet.

Thanks and very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z
I went to QRZ and followed the link to his website where he now would appear to have become deceased over this past weekend.

It's a shame when you cannot even trust fellow amateurs on QTH.com. If he's dead, he pulled a last minute quickie on me and if not, be sure that you avoid this scum bag like the plague.

very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

*edit* Here is his QRZ look up info.
K0KCC USA Lookups: 1658
KENNETH A POWELL, II
1590 S. 695 Rd.
Quapaw OK 74363
USA
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

VE3TMT
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:50 am

Post by VE3TMT » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:42 am

I can see a new scam in the making......

Advertise a non-existent item for sale, get the guys money real quick, and then die!

Somehow I think you are still end up ahead in the deal, but you just never know.

AE4SH
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:37 am
Location: cherryville, nc

kenny powell

Post by AE4SH » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:13 am

from what i read on qrz, he may have actually died.
he was on oxygen and in a wheelchair.
i'm not taking up for the guy, but i'd check the local newspapers online in his town.
they should have a archive of obits.

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:47 am

Well, I hope I'm wrong, but when there is zero communication and someone has taken the effort, even posthumously, to remove their email address, or alter a very elaborate, extensive and interesting webpage from it's former splendor, with over nine million hits to a picture of Popeye's mom, I can't help but wonder. One of the last things on my 'To Do' list is not wipe out my webpage and delete my email address.

If the gentleman is / was sick and has succumbed to his ailment, then that is a tragedy indeed. People do desperate things and if it was a last minute effort to generate some quick cash for the family he leaves behind, then I can't honestly say as I blame him.

Still no communication and no reply from him here, so we shall see how it pans out. I also have not seen anyone else take the time to post that they too have purchased the same said tuner or others items from him, for which they have received no confirmation of payment received / statement of items is on its way so it is highly likely I am wrong, I am doubtful, but it's still likely. If I am wrong, and the item arrives, naturally I will post here stating that I am wrong, along with an apology. I had rather expected a dozen others to have posted that they purchased the same tuner in question by now. The expectation that everyone else here, just because they are a ham, would reasonably communicate with others in which they are performing a transaction is unrealistic I know. I for one may be guilty of over-communication, but, when someone sends me money, especially immediately, for an item that they expect to receive, I do my best to let them know;
a) I have received their payment
b) That I have shipped their item, along with tracking and insurance info and if there is an issue with it, to please let me know immediately, so that I an do whatever it takes to make the deal 'good'.

I'm not a pessimist, I truly hope I am wrong and at the very least, if the item arrives as promised, this will be a lesson to have the decency to maintain effective and reasonable communications if you are a seller with your buyers so that you do NOT raise suspicions of being shady or giving yourself the appearance of pulling a fast one.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

K4ICL
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:07 pm
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

A suggestion...

Post by K4ICL » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:23 pm

See if you can contact anyone in his household, wife, sister, etc. and explain that the gent passed on in the middle of transacting a sale of his no longer needed gear.

Most families will go out of their way to clear up the affairs of a lost family member.

For sure, it will do no good to infer the deceased is a scammer, etc. To resolve the problem, take the initiative and contact the man/s family.

Nuff said...

K4ICL

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Quite obviously agreed there, neighbor. PayPal has already responded and I will, of course, try contacting the alleged deceased's family first. I will give it through the weekend to see what transpires, will then attempt to make a few phone calls to establish contact and then allow PayPal to do their thing. This is quite obviously why I opt for the advantage, or service of, buyer and seller protection through their service. Let it be known that I am not one who would threaten or harass anyone, especially the family of the potentially deceased, over a $5 power cord or such. That being said, like anyone else, I don't like being taken advantage of for a couple of hundred bucks, which of course, in my humble opinion, has nothing to do with his family and nor would I ever think they should be responsible for his actions. The loss of their loved one should be the only thing that is of any importance to them, as it would be for anyone, myself included, who has a conscience and an ounce of compassion. This is why I pay PayPal quite handsomely for their services, this will ultimately be their (PayPal's) problem, not his family's and not mine.

The locals in his area have already contacted me and their identities will remain confidential. However I will divulge that none of them have confirmed his demise, but did confirm his extremely long term poor health. It's highly likely that he is hospitalized or is in some other way incapable or unable to follow through with the transaction and that remains to be seen.

So again I say, we shall see what happens. If I owe an apology, I will give one and will of course, post it publicly here. If however there is more to report here, I will and if PayPal doesn't do what I pay them for, I will report that too.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

vk2uw
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:38 am

This is on QRZ.com.

Post by vk2uw » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:46 pm

Give these details to his local Police and see what they come up with?

If he is telling the truth, they would know straight away if he has passed on.




K0KCC Lookups: 1721

KENNETH A POWELL, II
1590 S. 695 Rd.
Quapaw OK 74363
USA

Detailed info Update this listing Update Policy...
Mailing Label Postcard




Email: Show K0KCC's email address

http://www.kennypowell.com


I am now K0KCC (Formerly W5CAN) and I am a Grandpa, Retired Business Owner, Heavy Equipment Operator, and Truck Driver. I am also a former Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, and Assistant Chief of Police. I was wounded twice in the line of duty. I was decorated numerous times by the departments and was also State Pistol Champion for 2 years. I have also been a C.E.M. Director, E.C., and E.M.T.. I also have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Electronics. I grew up in the plumbing business, raised by my grandparents, the late P.L. and Ruby Wolfe, of Sapulpa, Ok..
I am also the AMPRNet IP Coordinator for Missouri, Oklahoma, and West Texas. Contact me if you need IP addresses for those areas.

I and my loving wife, Donna (KC0FEF), live in the country near the KS., MO., OK. tri-state corners (about 5 or 6 blocks). I enjoy Amateur Radio HF Phone, Packet Radio, playing pool in the APA League, and computers. I retired from the computer industry after 20 years (full and part time). I have been disability retired since 1998 and Donna is a Certified Nurses Aid. Donna is certified in 3 states and works around the tri-state area.

I have been in and out of Amateur Radio since 1968. Because of my failing health, I'm not as active as I used to be. I am in a wheelchair now (since 2002) and on oxygen pretty much 24/7 for the past 6 years...

Feel Free to drop me an email anytime! My Email address is kapowell@kennypowell.com. You can also find me on 7.253.5 during the Central States Traffic Net, when I am able to check in.

My home page is located at http://www.kennypowell.com.

73 de K0KCC

Rev: K0KCC - Tue Apr. 19, 17:00:19 2005

Bio last modified: 2007-06-06
Chris Wright
VK2UW

NR8Y
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:07 pm

Also Me Me!!!!!!

Post by NR8Y » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:31 pm

On Oct 18 at around 7:00 PM EST I agreed to purchase a MFJ 989D tuner
from Kenny Powell. After agreeing on the price I sent him a Paypal.
However, after he recieved the PayPal he sent me a email saying:

Quote:
Only one problem Jim... My wife just got me home from a trip to the ER, and another fellow had paid it about 7:00PM. I was gone to the ER at that time, but he paid first. Sorry. I don't know how to reverse the process of payment, because they have taken their charges out already. I have to go to bed because the med they have given me is making me extremely sleepy.

73,
Ken


-------Original Message-------

From: hbrown@ma.rr.com
Date: 10/19/2007 1:20:07 AM
To: Ken Powell
Subject: Payment In full for MFJ 989D Tuner

What I don't understand is that he let me send the PayPal when
he had sold it to someone else.

I have not been able to communicate with Kenny Powell since the email
above was received by me.
The last attempt to email him was returned:

Quote:
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <kapowell>
Reason: unknown user

I have now entered a resolution with PayPal.

K8WVB
Harry J Brown

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:50 am

Here is Ken's original reply after receipt of funds from PayPal.
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:15 PM
From: Ken Powell <kapowell>
To: Tom Bailey <wv6z>
Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- Selling because of Bad He...
Size: 51 KB

Hi Tom,
Yes, I still have it and thanks! I have another chemotherapy treatment tomorrow and I was wondering how I was going to get there. This will help!

kapowell@kennypowell.com is the address to enter on the PayPal "send money" applet. That will get it done and as soon as I get it, I'll get it shipped out. Be sure to send your complete street address. You'll really like it, as I know I did while I needed it. It was so easy to use. Hardly got to use it, but it was sure a breeze to use.

Thanks and Vy 73!
Ken - K0KCC
It would appear that Ken has in fact taken a turn for the worse or has succumbed to his ailments, or that would be my guess.

In fact it does look like he has pulled a fast one as a last hoorah as he leaves this world, the hobby or both. I have been given a lot of useful information, plenty of telephone numbers and other such information that I will not divulge here. I will likely do as Harry has done as they have provided me with the information that I need to file as well so, I will likely just let it drop here and follow the path that PayPal has specified.

If anything should crop up, I will return and post it here if it may be of relevance or may help someone else in future. Because of this deal, when I am intending on making a purchase from the Classifieds here or anywhere else for that matter, I will be insisting upon a telephone discussion to close the deal prior to funds changing hands in all transactions in future and will of course, insist that my buyers do the same to be sure that they are completely comfortable with the deal before money changes hands, accounts or what have you.

Good luck with your claim Harry and thanks for the info, it will also be forwarded to PayPal to help them with my claim. In closing, thanks to all of those who will remain nameless for all of your help and input and I hope that Ken finds peace either here or to where ever his final destination may be.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

NR8Y
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:07 pm

Kenny Powell

Post by NR8Y » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 am

I just talked to Kenny's Mother In-Law and she said that
Kenny is is the hospital. Thought I would post this so
everyone would know.

K8WVB
Jim

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 pm

No tuner yet, well all of this will be totally in PayPal's hands the evening of November 1st if it does not arrive by then.
Last edited by WV6Z on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

WN9VMR
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: chicago

Post by WN9VMR » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 pm

good luck with paypal unless you bought it off of ebay they are useless....
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NR8Y
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:07 pm

Ripped Off

Post by NR8Y » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Again I talked to Kenny Powell's mother in-law and she informed me
that Kenny said he did not receive the money I sent him thru PayPal.
I esclated my resolution on this matter today. I am beginning to
think he ripped me off to the tune of $232.00. This is no way to
meet your maker. This is the last time I will purchase anything
from an individual. Ebay Only in the future.

K8WVB
Jim

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:56 am

Here is where we stand right now........

from my PayPal account, the following:
Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

From Buyer: Thomas Bailey on 10/30/2007 17:35 PDT

I selected 'Other Reason' above because this issue pretty much fits all of the selections offered. Mr. Powell has had more than ample time to ship the tuner, if it ever existed, to me. He should have never sold the same tuner again to Mr. Brown hours after he sold it to me. There has been nothing offered by Mr. Powell or his family but lies stating the item was shipped to me and that they have given Mr. Brown a refund. None of this has happened and I feel that now it is time for PayPal to take action to correct this situation. As a buyer and seller on eBay and elsewhere I have enjoyed what I had thought was the protection of the use of PayPal's service, for which I have paid rather considerable fees for your service and now I think it is time to see just how well PayPal really does take care of their customers. If you need any other help or information from me, please let me know. I have been provided another email address and telephone numbers that may help you contact Mr. Powell regarding his fraudulent use of your services. I will be looking forward to hearing from you at PayPal regarding my claim. I am very disappointed to see that it would now appear that rather than financial protection through reimbursement of funds gained by some of your more unsavory customers, all that you seem to offer is yet another attempt to contact these frauds rather than truly providing any financial protection. I will expect you to prove me wrong.

From Buyer: Thomas Bailey on 10/30/2007 17:20 PDT

Mr. Powell has had more than ample time to ship the tuner to me that I paid for through PayPal and Mr. Brown has not received his promised refund from Mr. Powell. I feel it's time for PayPal to step in and settle this matter and provide for Mr. Brown and I the protection that we use PayPal's services for.

From Buyer: Thomas Bailey on 10/24/2007 19:34 PDT

This item was purchased from Mr. Powell by myself and another buyer (Mr. Powell was offering only one item). The other buyer, Harry J. Brown, was offered the same item a few hours after I purchased it, neither Mr. Brown or I have been able to contact Mr. Powell (kapowell@kennypowell.com) as his email address has been deleted after he received payment from the both of us. Neither Mr. Brown nor I have received the item either. The item was specifically, an amateur radio antenna tuner, model MFJ-989D. I have contacted amateur radio operators in his area who are unable to contact Mr. Powell via other know email addresses or by known telephone numbers. We amateur radio operators are a rather tight community and when one of us turns bad and decides to swindle people out of money for equipment, it's a rarity. I and many other radio amateurs worldwide enjoy your service and protection and I think you will find that even though there are bad apples out there, we do our best to protect ourselves and those that provide fine services such as yourselves. If you need a copy of the email Mr. Powell sent me confirming my purchase to help with my claim, please advise. All I am seeking is the $225 that I sent to Mr. Powell for this item so that I may purchase one that actually exists. If there is anything else that you need from me regarding this transaction that originated on the amateur radio swap classifieds 'QTH.com', please let me know. I thank you for your help and will be awaiting your reply. Regards, Thomas Bailey
It would appear that WB9VMR is correct as the rather stiff percentage that PayPal charges its user only serves to line their pockets rather than provide financial protection for it's customers when someone is taken advantage of by scum bags. I don't know if I will go as far as K8WVB is going as I have had a run of good luck here dealing with a lot of good honest folk using both my present and former call over the years. I must agree with Jim on this though, it really is no way to go out with a bang as you prepare to meet your maker. I do however see Mr. Powell's side, if you are a scum bag and want to make a bit of quick cash for your family as you prepare for the inevitable, what way to better come up with some quick bucks than to take advantage for those who will trust you just because you're a licensed amateur? I think we all know what I would really like to say about this in closing, but why bother. If I get good news or resolve from PayPal, I will let you all know right here, but, I'm sure we all know this is going nowhere.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

WN9VMR
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: chicago

Post by WN9VMR » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:14 am

there is another avenue to go....ic3.gov is an internet fraud complaint site for the FBI....we have all done so on Daniel Rouse KI4WRS...this guy is a real winner...but good luck in your quest with paypal i got the oh well attitude from them and am out my money.....
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:19 am

Why bother? Just doing my best to follow up and keep this on the front page so as many people as possible have the opportunity to read it and not get ripped of by Ken is good enough for me.......

Here's some funny stuff for ya from the jerks at PayPal....
Dear Thomas Bailey,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $15.14 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.


If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.


-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Date: Oct 18, 2007
Transaction Amount: -$225.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 78G183055V129854Y
Seller's Transaction ID: 21203500A2383115S
Case Number: PP-355-363-843
Seller's Name: Ken Powell
Seller's Email: kapowell@kennypowell.com



-----------------------------------
What to Do Next
-----------------------------------

No further action is required by you at this time.


-----------------------------------
Other Details
-----------------------------------

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
"Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Program, go to the PayPal
website and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
page.

Sincerely,
PayPal Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
the Resolution Center.
YAY! I have been awarded $15.14 by PayPal, if our dear Kenny has a nickel left in his PayPal account, I guess I can buy a damned Big Mac and a Diet Coke, huh? :evil:
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Well, well, well....... I got an email this morning informing me that Mr. Powell's web site is back up again. It would appear that he plans to part people with their money through pool now. His email address would appear to be operational or is being monitored again by him, or someone acting on his behalf in his efforts to scam people on way or another. He has also been kind enough to yet again, provide another phone number......... here is a copy of the email I just sent to him.
Glad to see you are all of a sudden well enough to advertise for the IPA. So tell me Kenny, just how does it feel and how proud are you of yourself for selling the same antenna tuner to multiple people to bilk them out of money under false pretenses?

The sad part is, if you had simply made a post on QTH.com stating that you had screwed around and pretty well killed yourself from smoking like a freight train and please send money to help you with your bills and expenses. The sad part is, I would have sent you or your family a hundred or two just to help out and you wouldn't have had to ruin your reputation or become a crook to get the money. I think you would be surprised at the out poor from your fellow radio amateurs and you would have likely made enough money off of us all for a final fling in Fiji or Tahiti. However, as you decided to take the dishonest route and screw people out of money, I hope you get everything that you deserve.

Be sure to save this email as my proof that I will do everything that I can to ensure that all radio amateurs, particularly those closest to you in the Miami, OK area, all know that you are a crook, a swindler and a scum bag that cannot be trusted. Read it every once in a while and look in the mirror while you do so.

I hope you have been following your own special little thread I started on QTH.com in the feedback forums section as I have been doing my level best to keep it current and on the front page in the event you decide that you have something else you want to sell to a half dozen or so unsuspecting dim whits such as myself. You would be surprised at the out pour from your area with regard to personal emails sending me everything from all of the obvious, your address, how to get to your house, you and your wife's cell phone numbers, who to call and talk to at your local police department. You have really crapped in your own nest there pal. News travels fast and they will avoid you like the plague. If nothing else in your miserable and pathetic existence Kenny, you have taught me a lesson. I had always avoided eBay for those 'deals that just look too good', now, I know I cannot even trust hams on QTH as there are scum bags like you there too. Thanks for opening my eyes and making me aware of the fact that hams cannot be trusted anywhere.

Have fun bowling, or, is this just your latest little scam to screw people out of their money?
Here is a link to Kenny's new scam, no doubt..... http://www.kennypowell.com/

Here is his current email address and listed telephone number -
Ken Powell
918-919-0191
or email ken.powell@kennypowell.com
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Oh, just one other little tid bit....... is it hard to tell what Kenny is up to when he finishes up his little essay to his pool playing pals with this gem from his web page?
We want to make everyone's Pool Playing FUN! The more FUN they have, the bigger your Franchise grows, and you make more money for your investment.

Unlike some leagues, it's easy to qualify to be a Franchise Owner with the IPA. We screen on every applicant, but unless you're in Bankruptcy, or have a conviction that prevents you from legally being in bars or taverns, you'll probably qualify. Once you qualify, we're here to help you each step of the way!

Your money means as much to you as ours does to us, and so does your players! So, we have to work together and in return, your players will appreciate you, and you'll all appreciate the IPA!
Laughable yes, but he will likely rip off as many with his latest scam as he has before........ other than failing health, kinda makes ya wonder why it is he is no longer a police officer, deputy or assistant chief of police, as he claims on his QRZ look up.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

k0kcc
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by k0kcc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:13 pm

I hate to say it, but someone doesn't know me, or what they're talking about! It does appear that you have been ripped off, but not by me! I'll fill you in, so you know what I'm talking about. Mind you, I take no responibility for the other persons actions, in any way! He's a grown man and will have to answer for it some day. I, too, have been victomized too many times by him, and do not communicate with him at all, even though he is my son.

My son's name is also Ken. I haven't spoken to him in over a year. Reason: IDENTITY THEFT and ruining my name, as well as my bank account. The website you refer to was once mine, but I gave it to him some time ago, before we parted ways. I still get my email from the server, but the website is his. I have no doubt that what he does with that will reflect back to me, but there again, I am not the responsible party. I am a victim too.

Too quick, people in general, judge someone because of a name, not knowing there is more than one person with that name. When I received the email accusing me of the attrocities today, I was dumbfounded, then I got angry, and then I thought about what had happened. Then I received a link to this forum. I can't blame anyone for being angry for getting ripped off, but when you start trying to ruin what's left of me in life, LOOK OUT! You're blaming the wrong one. Too many in this area knows that I have a good name here! Keep talking trash about me and you'll find out!

The next thing is about the phone number. It is mine, but I didn't post it. Seems there's a lot up his sleve, and he's getting worse. Knowing him, it will get worse before it gets better. I will not be part of his failings, and I will not be responsible for his actions. He may be my son, but I washed my hands of him when he emptied our bank account, heartlessly leaving us in destitution. I will never have anything else to do with him, ever! You want him, you find him and deal with him. I'll take no part in it. I'm not in health enough to get involved, and my life means more to me than it does to him, and apparently, some of you, by your quick judgement.

The fact that I am in seriously bad health, is medical fact, and documented well. The ad I ran, and was obviously infiltrated by him after I sold all but the tower, was then added to by him. I'm fixing that though. I'm changing all of my passwords, so that he can no longer access anything about me, and I'm taking the website back over. He'll have to find some other means of ripping people off, other than through me and my public resources, or anything that has my name attached in public.

Be careful what you say here. I can prove my case in court. Can you? I've printed this forum for record, and saved it as a file. I want no more mud slinging about me, or my lawyers will be in touch!

73 to those who gave me some credit. The others obviously don't care, when they make quick judgements, and who they hurt in the process.

And by the way folks, I haven't used paypal in years! Not since the first time I was ripped off though Ebay! PayPal is the easiest way to get ripped off.

The REAL K0KCC

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 pm

In a addition to Ken's response above, here is what he emailed to me...... considering the others taken advantage of here, sorry, I'm not buying it.
Date: Monday, November 12, 2007 1:53 PM
From: Ken Powell <kenpowell> Add to Addresses Block Sender
To: wv6z@charter.net Add to Addresses
Subject: Re: Well, well, well......
Size: 38 KB
Well, first of all, let me tell you that I don't know what the IPA is, yet, but I bet my son does. You see, his name is Ken, also! Second, I just got out of the hospital on Thursday, and third, EVERYONE in this area has known me for at least 30 years and I have many friends, and they respect me because I've been a well known help in times of disaster, , times of need, and I am also a retired Assistant Chief of Police, and worked locally, so I'd be careful who I started telling anything, because they might just be the one that testifies against you for vicious and malicious slander, and liable!

Now, you want to start over and talk to me like I'm a human, I'll be willing to accept you apology, because THAT's the kind of person I am. Otherwise, don't bother. I don't know who you are, or anything else, but I bet you've made a big mistake, and don't realize it.
So if all of the above bull crap is true, what happened, did it all of a sudden occur to him that hey, wait a sec lemme blame it on my son and post it all on QTH.com real quick...... my take?....... BULL CRAP!
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

k0kcc
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by k0kcc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 pm

It's obvious that you don't know the truth when it's presented to you, and I'm not going to let you drive me back in the hospital, or worse, with the bad language emails you send. I don't need the upset. If you don't stop the bad language, I'm blocking your emails and [u][b]you will[/b][/u] have to stop your mud slinging or face a law suit. I can prove my case. Can you? No! Definitely Not!

Nuff Said...

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Sue me, thief! Scrape your money and resources together and give it your best shot.......

The fun and frolic continues.....
Date: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:55 PM
From: wv6z@charter.net
To: Ken Powell <kenpowell> Add to Addresses
Subject: Re: Well, well, well......
Size: 6 KB

Ken you quite obviously have pulled this scam yourself and you are quite
obviously starting on another. Why would your son use your webpage to post IPA
crap? You quite plainly state on your QRZ look up that you are also a pool
player. If this is your son, why is he using your page, your email address and
telephone number as contact info.

Sorry, I don't buy it. You sold that tuner to me and also the other gentleman a
few hours later as is plainly obvious by the evidence presented on QTH.com.

I wouldn't be quite so sure about how well respected you continue to be
regarding your fellow hams in your area. They have all been quite instrumental
and helpful in getting your alternative email addresses and cell phone numbers
and etc. As I thought you might actually kick the bucket, I did not call your
wife and others to press them for the shipment of the tuner or a refund, as
others have done. There was no reason to stress your family, as I have stated in
previous posts if in fact you had kicked the bucket.

Others may fall for your smoke screen and bull crap but I'm not buying it. You
have ripped us off quite plain and simple. As far as calling you names, that is
true, it won't help, you are a scam artist who has resorted to ripping people
off to make a quick buck. You are what you are sir and frankly, you disgust me.

---- Ken Powell <kenpowell> wrote:
> I never had your money. As I said, you're after the wrong one. You'll have
> to go after the one that got it, now me. Calling me names won't help you
> either.
>
>
>
>
>
> -------Original Message-------
>
>
>
> From: wv6z@charter.net
>
> Date: 11/12/2007 3:23:41 PM
>
> To: Ken Powell
>
> Subject: Re: Well, well, well......
>
>
>
> Return my money then or, continue to be the crook that you are.
>
> An apology? Get real a** hole!
>
>
>
> ---- Ken Powell <kenpowell> wrote:
>
> > Well, first of all, let me tell you that I don't know what the IPA is, yet
>
>
> > but I bet my son does. You see, his name is Ken, also! Second, I just got
>
> > out of the hospital on Thursday, and third, EVERYONE in this area has
> known
>
> > me for at least 30 years and I have many friends, and they respect me
>
> > because I've been a well known help in times of disaster, , times of need,
>
> > and I am also a retired Assistant Chief of Police, and worked locally, so
> I
>
> > d be careful who I started telling anything, because they might just be
> the
>
> > one that testifies against you for vicious and malicious slander, and
>
> > liable!
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Now, you want to start over and talk to me like I'm a human, I'll be
> willing
>
> > to accept you apology, because THAT's the kind of person I am. Otherwise,
>
> > don't bother. I don't know who you are, or anything else, but I bet you've
>
> > made a big mistake, and don't realize it.
>
> >
>
> >
Oh and by the way Kenny, thanks for posting replies to your thread here too, old sport. We have over half as many views now as the instructions sticky for instructions for posting. Keep it up, your famous.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Ripped Off

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:16 pm

K8WVB wrote:Again I talked to Kenny Powell's mother in-law and she informed me
that Kenny said he did not receive the money I sent him thru PayPal.
I esclated my resolution on this matter today. I am beginning to
think he ripped me off to the tune of $232.00. This is no way to
meet your maker. This is the last time I will purchase anything
from an individual. Ebay Only in the future.

K8WVB
Jim
Kind of odd that Ken didn't bother to grace us with any replies until he decided to reactivate his webpage huh Jim? How did you make out with your claim against him? I am still awaiting my $15.14 from PayPal for the $225 he bilked out of me.

Maybe Ken's lawyer will hurry up and contact me so I can point him in the direction of my lawyer and we will see just how expensive we can make this little scam of Ken's now that it's backfiring on him.
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

k0kcc
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by k0kcc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Then I guess we need to take this before the judge. He'll be able to settle it. As for playing pool, I did, but I am wheelchair bound now, on in home oxygen to breath, and home bound because of my health. That is a medically documented fact. I have to have in home health service, to remain in my home, and I'm tired of the insults and insinuations that I have ripped you off. We'll let the judge settle this mess, or you will stop this garbage. Which will it be, because I'll take no more of it or your abusive tone. I've told you the truth and that's all their is to it! And I demand a PUBLIC apology when this is settled!

Nuff Said!


-------Original Message-------

From: wv6z@charter.net
Date: 11/12/2007 3:55:36 PM
To: Ken Powell
Subject: Re: Well, well, well......

Ken you quite obviously have pulled this scam yourself and you are quite obviously starting on another. Why would your son use your webpage to post IPA crap? You quite plainly state on your QRZ look up that you are also a pool player. If this is your son, why is he using your page, your email address and telephone number as contact info.

Sorry, I don't buy it. You sold that tuner to me and also the other gentleman a few hours later as is plainly obvious by the evidence presented on QTH.com.

I wouldn't be quite so sure about how well respected you continue to be regarding your fellow hams in your area. They have all been quite instrumental and helpful in getting your alternative email addresses and cell phone numbers and etc. As I thought you might actually kick the bucket, I did not call your wife and others to press them for the shipment of the tuner or a refund, as others have done. There was no reason to stress your family, as I have stated in previous posts if in fact you had kicked the bucket.

Others may fall for your smoke screen and bull crap but I'm not buying it. You have ripped us off quite plain and simple. As far as calling you names, that is true, it won't help, you are a scam artist who has resorted to ripping people off to make a quick buck. You are what you are sir and frankly, you disgust me.

WV6Z
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by WV6Z » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 pm

And here's the latest from the old email front......
Date: Monday, November 12, 2007 5:37 PM
From: wv6z@charter.net
To: Ken Powell <kenpowell> Add to Addresses
Subject: Re: Well, well, well......
Size: 10 KB

Tell your judge , attorney or whatever to call me then Ken. I plainly stated a
while ago on QTH.com, if the tuner showed up or a refund was given by YOU that
you will get an apology, until then, I am awaiting a reply from them, the tuner
to arrive safe and in one piece or a full refund for what YOU have received.

The abusive tone you perceive is my anger for being taken advantage of by YOU.
The abusive tone has not even begun Ken and it won't, if you make things right
on your end. Quite obviously, your mother in law received a call from the OTHER
buyer of your tuner. Maybe she forgot to make you aware of that. Maybe they also
forgot to tell you your daughter was going to ship the tuner (and DID NOT) to
buyer #2.

Do you really expect me to believe all of this Ken? Just make it right, fix what
YOU have messed up and put it behind you. You have the ability to do what's
right and to unsoil your very well tarnished 'good name', if in fact you ever
had one.

---- Ken Powell <kenpowell> wrote:
> Then I guess we need to take this before the judge. He'll be able to settle
> it. As for playing pool, I did, but I am wheelchair bound now, on in home
> oxygen to breath, and home bound because of my health. That is a medically
> documented fact. I have to have in home health service, to remain in my home
> and I'm tired of the insults and insinuations that I have ripped you off.
> We'll let the judge settle this mess, or you will stop this garbage. Which
> will it be, because I'll take no more of it or your abusive tone. I've told
> you the truth and that's all their is to it! And I demand a PUBLIC apology
> when this is settled!
>
>
>
> Nuff Said!
Just quit stalling Ken, let's see a little action, call your judge pal, lawyer or what have you, or ship the tuner to one of us and a refund to the other...... the choice is yours, as is the ability to do what is right. Get busy, NOW!
very 73 de Tom ~ WV6Z

Locked