ki4wrs scam artist

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

somebody in North Carolina has to know this guy.please any and all help is appreciated...we just got word he defrauded a 76 yo retired ham from mo.....he has to be stopped.....
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

paypal resubmitted the refund and of course no money available in KI4WRS account..go figure....
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

looks like Rouse did it again this time for the tune of $1700 for a tower .....unreal
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

all avenues are being taken to get this scum off the street...will keep everyone posted
w3bmw

KI4WRS SCAMS

Post by w3bmw »

NOTICE TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMED BY DANIEL ROUSE, KI4WRS:
I have emailed this individual who scamed me out of $1300 for a non delivered Glen Martin Tower with Accessories who promised and promised delivery, but who never delivered....

THAT AS OF WEDNESDAY NOV 14, 2007, I WILL BE TAKING ALL OF YOUR MADE ON QTH STATEMENTS TO THE LOCAL OFFICE OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, AND REQUESTING THEY INVESTIGATE, AND CHARGE DANIEL ROUSE, KI4WRS WITH INTERNET FRAUD, A FEDERAL OFFENSE.

I REQUEST EACH OF YOU DO THE SAME. PLEASE VISIT YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE WITH THESE PAGES, AND ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTATION REGARDING THE ATTEMPTED PURCHASE YOU MADE, AND HOW YOU WERE DEFRAUDED OF YOUR MONEY THROUGH YOUR INTERNET PURCHASE.

Only if we stick together, can we stop this type of criminal activity. If you choose to do nothing, this type of activity will obviously continue, and you'd have only yourselves to blame.

Ed Karsin-W3BMW
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

washington nc police finally looking at this
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

looks like KI4WRS has moved to Virginia...

here is his new address he has listed

Daniel S Rouse
421 main st
newport news VA 23601
USA

you can run but you cant hide.....
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

Maybe a concerned ham op in this area could do a once by this guys house and see if it is even a house...tnx and 73
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Google Earth displays that location in what looks like a buisness area. Many warehouse type buildings.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

yes i saw that also.that is why i am asking if there is any concerned ham op in that area would drive by the address....his take is upto 10k from unsuspecting ham ops....i think this really isnt his address.tnx and 73
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

WE unfortunately just found out Rouse KI4WRS scammed VK3EF out of almost $1000 for a the same non-existent radio he sold me....now he has scammed us all for over $11k and the amount and list is growning....
KN4N

ki4wrs scam artist

Post by KN4N »

Well, all I can say about this mess and most of the other hams like him is: The FCC made a B I G mistake with the VEC program and passing the answers out for the test. You think the ham hobby is loaded with bad people, wait until the next sun spot cycle comes up, they will not care what class license hangs on the wall, they will operate anywhere in the band and do what they want to.....no stopping it now. I know of extra class hams who can just read and write enought to get by.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

we will see what happens with this young man(23y.o.)....hopefully he and the others like him will go where they belong...JAIL.....i and most of the others realize our money is long gone and the only redemption we will get is Jail time for KI4WRS.....Anyway have a happy holiday everyone....
w3bmw

KI4WRS Scam and Pay Pal Refund

Post by w3bmw »

I just received an email from Pay Pal that they found in my favor and they did credit my Pay Pal Buyer Credit account with the $1300. Rouse scammed me out of. I checked the account, and the money has been credited to me as they stated.

It is my assumption then, that since I used Pay Pal's Buyer Credit, it didn't matter if Rouse had any money in his account or not as they do advertise "FULL BUYER PROTECTION FROM PAY PAL," for buyers an well as sellers. They now also consider the situation closed., and informed me I have nothing more to respond to or do. I will however, wait a few months to cancel my dispute, just in case. One never knows....

I still contacted and filed a complaint with the FBI last week as planned. This guy has got to go to jail for a few years and be a good girl to one of the fellow inmates.

If in fact, I have been refunded as Pay Pal states, I am one of the "lucky ones."

Vy 73, and a Happy Thanksgiving to All !
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

Yes indeed you are very lucky for receiving your money back.i believe you are the only one of us that has....best 73 and have a great holiday
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

LOOKS LIKE ROUSE IS AT ANOTHER NEW ADDRESS....

Rouse, Daniel S
621 main st
newport news, VA 23601

HE SURE GETS AROUND...AND BY THE WAY THERE IS NO SUCH ADDRESS.....
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

Maybe Riley should be made aware of this nogoodnik...
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

We have someone in communication with Riley.But definately thank you for the suggestion....The terrible part of all this is the ham op is 23....No future i guess.....best holidays
n1kon

Post by n1kon »

11K!!!!!!!!!!!!
This has to stop
I have been reading this for the first time and this may sound crazy. I think you need to find someone that when they get ahold of a story they hold onto it like a dog with a bone. With the amount of 11k scammed I wonder what Americas most wanted would do. I know I have seen storys on there where guys have scammed little old ladies.... something to think about.. I bet they could flush him out.

Jerry N1KON
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

YES 11K THAT WE KNOW OF...IT MAY EVEN BE MORE......WE FIND THINGS OUT ABOUT THIS GUY MORE AND MORE AS EACH DAY PASSES.....TNX KEVIN
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

i thought people may want to see the scammer himself...

http://www.beaufortcountycrimestoppers.com/
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

NOTHING NEW ON KI4WRS BUT I WANTED TO WISH EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON....DE WB9VMR
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

WOW I QUESTIONED PAYPAL ABOUT THE CASE AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW I WAS KICKED OFF OF PAYPAL AND EBAY....THE NAZI'S STRIKE AGAIN.I GET TAKEN FOR MY MONEY AND THEY TRY TO BEAT ME DOWN.GO FIGURE....HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON AND BEST 73
OZ2HT

Post by OZ2HT »

WB9VMR

Your Caps Lock is hanging !!!!!!!
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

not hanging ,just showing my displeasure with ebay and paypal.....sorry all...have a great holiday