VE7JZ - BEWARE This person rips people off

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
thamer

VE7JZ - BEWARE This person rips people off

Post by thamer »

I purchased a ft301d complete station package from ve7jz I saw listed. After many emails back and forth i decided to send VE7JZ a postal M/O for the amount he asked for that included the cost of the unit plus shipping and insurance costs. Since then ve7jz has given me a false tracking number and countless excuses. I have never received the items from VE7JZ. Canada Post says the tracking number he supplied is false. He wasted no time in cashing the M/O I sent to him. This is a scam he has been pulling for a number of years. There are so many posts all over the internet on him. He has used a few different calls and names but most recently he has used VE7JZ by the name of John Pringle. In the past he has used the name Chris Pringle as well as others and he has used the call VE7NVI and others aswell. Following you will find a link to a webpage I created that has all the email communications between me and VE7JZ.
http://www.geocities.com/creativereseller/VE7JZ.htm
For your verification purposes i will include the following information. On 9/5/03 I purchased a Postal M/O with a serial number of 74049419430 in the amount of $385.00 The postal bill number for the transaction is 1000401271332 I had it send Global priority mail with a serial number of LZ67600365 to VE7JZ. The false Canadapost International tracking number VE7JZ provided is RT 052 297 463.
Please go to the following link to see a few of the issues people have been having with ve7jz and you will find a pattern or fraud with this person over atleast the last 3 years by numerous names and calls.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... gle+Search
If anyone has any more info on this person email me.
ab0re

I've also been ripped off by John Pringle, VE7JZ / VE7NVI

Post by ab0re »

I've also been scammed by this person. I basically sent him money and an antenna.. he sent me a broken radio 2 months later. He does not answer numerous emails. Looks like I'm out about $125. Email me direct if further information is needed.

Thanks & 73,
Dan / ab0re