WX5ATX...GREAT seller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0ISV

WX5ATX...GREAT seller

Post by N0ISV »

WX5ATX-David....
Great seller. Was a pleasure to trade with.
You CAN trust him.

Wayne-N0ISV
kd5lec

feedback pre dates any recent ads

Post by kd5lec »

Your positive feedback pre dates any currently searchable ads WX5ATX has listed on this site. There is more current feedback here: http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=5326

Paul Scallan Jr. (KD5LEC)
Last edited by kd5lec on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
kc9odk

I got ripped because of this feedback

Post by kc9odk »

I hope you are not in bed with this thief.
kd5lec

Hams are a good bunch and should not be preyed upon.

Post by kd5lec »

Hams are a good bunch and should not be preyed upon.
Last edited by kd5lec on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

In October 2007, WX5ATX indeed did have an ad on QTH.com for an FT-100. To question N0ISV's posting and character (being in bed with WX5ATX), just for posting feedback a year ago, without any facts, is really disappointing. :(

- Scott KA9FOX
kd5lec

Post by kd5lec »

Dear Scott:

The ad the positive feedback refers to is not accessible by searching current ads. Therefore, there is no method of cross-checking the positive feedback. In fact, there are at least two hams who have unfortunately relied on this "positive feedback" and have been apparently scammed by WX5ATX (or someone purporting to be WX5ATX). Since WX5ATX is not answering his cell phone, his landline phone, mailed letters, nor e-mails to the eight different e-mail addresses he has used over the past few years, the obvious and reasonable inference would be that they were scammed.

I believe there have been a few private e-mails to you Scott re: this subject transaction.

73's

Paul Scallan Jr. (KD5LEC)
Last edited by kd5lec on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The right thing?

I received one complaint on 11/24. Up until today, there have been no other complaints about this seller. I live in an America where you are innocent until proven guilty.

The right thing to do is to contact the person in question, and ask them for THEIR side of the story. Which I did soon after receiving the complaint, and have been waiting for a response.

I also happen to have a real life and family obligations, and have been away on a Thanksgiving trip with my family. Is that allowed?

I attempted to reach him, but I have not received a reply yet. Maybe he's away on a Thanksgiving trip too?

At this point, since I haven't heard back, and now (as of today) there is a second buyer with a problem, I will err on the side of safety and remove WX5ATX's ads and posting priviledges, until this is sorted out.

Sorry you feel that I am not doing a good enough job. :(

73 - Scott KA9FOX
kd5lec

The long and short of it all

Post by kd5lec »

The long and short of it all: the positive feedback provided by N0ISV for the seller WX5ATX is dated over a year ago. Hams currently deciding whether to buy from WX5ATX should take caution and read the more current feedback from two other hams that have serious issues with WX5ATX on recent buys.

As for your job, my comments were not directed at your "job" performance. I have no basis for analysis other than a few short posts of yours I have read, which seem forthright and earnestly in good faith and fashion. In fact, as an IT professional, I am even considering moving some clients of mine to hosting plans with QTH. If I thought you weren't doing a good job, I wouldn't risk my professional reputation like that. My clients are my gold. I cherish them, in other words.

Paul Scallan, Jr. (KD5LEC)
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
kc9odk

Post by kc9odk »

KA9FOX wrote:In October 2007, WX5ATX indeed did have an ad on QTH.com for an FT-100. To question N0ISV's posting and character (being in bed with WX5ATX), just for posting feedback a year ago, without any facts, is really disappointing. :(

- Scott KA9FOX
Selective reading on your part Sir, as well as a selective quote. Please read my exact post.

I also updated my other posting with good news for all involved.

Bob
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

You wrote (exact quote)
I hope you are not in bed with this thief.
Not many other ways to take this. :roll:

- Scott KA9FOX