Dont deal with Jimmie VE1FM !

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W1JCW

Dont deal with Jimmie VE1FM !

Post by W1JCW »

I have a nice NEW mic for sale here.

This guy asks me all kinds of questions and says he will take it.

I told him we can split the shipping.

I had to drive to the USPS to get a shipping quote since he is in Canada.

I do so, send him an email and the guy responds with he found a never one..
guess that means newer..cant even spell simple words correctly.

Beside the point the guy waste my time and gas money then changes his mind
after he said that he will take it !! What a putz !

I will take it means just that !
Its yours, dont waste folks time being indecisive..

Dont waste your time dealing with this guy Jimmie VE1FM !
ab7r

Devil's advocate

Post by ab7r »

I sure don't fault someone for changing their mind. It was your choice to drive to the PO to do a shipping estimate. You could have done that online.

At lease nothing was shipped before you found out.

GL
Greg
AB7R
W1JCW

Re: Devil's advocate

Post by W1JCW »

ab7r wrote:I sure don't fault someone for changing their mind. It was your choice to drive to the PO to do a shipping estimate. You could have done that online.

At lease nothing was shipped before you found out.

GL
Greg
AB7R
I sure do fault this guy, I had to drive to the PO because it was Canada and
the online postage did not work correctly. Besides that when you say " I will take
it" That is what it means and there is no I found another one after someone is
out time and money !

Thats the way it is and there is no BS about it !
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

I agree with N1QXV, when somebody says I'll take then he takes it. What difference does it make if I spend my time and money going to the post office or doing it from my home? Jimmie said he would take it, Ive had this happen to me a few times and it's a pain. Then what makes matters worse is when I get another email from somebody else and they want to buy it and I say it's already sold.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

the online postage did not work correctly.
Not once have I ever had to drive to the post office to get a quote, regardless of whether I was shipping in Canada, to the US or overseas. And if it didn't work I would always try the old standby, the telephone. If he found another one then he should have notified you of this and as long as nothing was shipped he has every right to cancel the sale. You took it upon yourself to drive to the post office and use your gas.
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

ve3tmt wrote:
the online postage did not work correctly.
Not once have I ever had to drive to the post office to get a quote, regardless of whether I was shipping in Canada, to the US or overseas. And if it didn't work I would always try the old standby, the telephone. If he found another one then he should have notified you of this and as long as nothing was shipped he has every right to cancel the sale. You took it upon yourself to drive to the post office and use your gas.
If you said I will take it then its yours !

That is the point, get it ?

Around here the PO folks take about 10 mins to come to phone and figure out
what it is you need. I guess you have all kinds of time to wait on hold, I dont !

It was not a large item, so dont waste the time of others ! Who cares if you never had to drive to PO..I looked it up online and it was not accurate.
So regardless, the guy said he will take it thus the drive was made on his behalf.

Get it !!