W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH STILL NO PAY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE6NSF

W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH STILL NO PAY

Post by VE6NSF »

Well I had an add way back in July "Vintage TYMETER Clock" $25 plus shipping ($15). Got email from W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH wanting the clock REAL BAD. Said he sent 2 money orders BUT still haven't rec ANYTHING. Very sad because now W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH won't even answer my phone calls or return a call. Guess the "TRUST A HAM" theory DOESN'T WORK EH!
Yes he does have the clock!
vk2uw

Re: W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH STILL NO PAY

Post by vk2uw »

VE6NSF wrote:Well I had an add way back in July "Vintage TYMETER Clock" $25 plus shipping ($15). Got email from W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH wanting the clock REAL BAD. Said he sent 2 money orders BUT still haven't rec ANYTHING. Very sad because now W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH won't even answer my phone calls or return a call. Guess the "TRUST A HAM" theory DOESN'T WORK EH!
Yes he does have the clock!
I guess then, let him watch the time tick away while you taken action to recoup the clock or the money.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Why would you send an item without having possesion of the funds first?
VE6NSF

Re: W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH STILL NO PAY

Post by VE6NSF »

I guess then, let him watch the time tick away while you taken action to recoup the clock or the money.

Hi Chris unfortunatly W5MLS MICHAEL SMITH is well out of reach. I live on the border of Canada & Montana & Michale is six states away in Midland Texas
I had planned on keeping the clock when 3 wks passed & no replys but soft hearted & fell for his sobb story. Oh well hope HE ENJOYS MY CLOCK
73 De Roger VE6NSF _._
VE6NSF

Post by VE6NSF »

N6VMO Why would you send an item without having possesion of the funds first?
Hi John ya I know "IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS PAY CASH" but "W5MLS"
Michael L Smith sounded real sincere & had "some problems" down there in
Midland TX 79701 with some BIG storm & flooding but assured me the check was mailed. So I waited a week & a bit & talked 3 times to Michael & decided to send the Vintage TYMETER clock as his check should arrive any day now. Then I call & he says "must be lost I'll send another" & this does happen. Well
"W5MLS Michael L Smith" has had the clock since July 17 & now I get an answering machine & no reply to my calls 403-701-8842 there's the number again "W5MLS Michael L Smith" all this for $40 USD
K0RS

Post by K0RS »

FWIW, I had exactly the same experience with W5MLS as VE6NSF did. Mike called me wanting to buy a Kenwood wattmeter I had advertized here on QTH. He said he would have the funds to me "in a couple of days." That's been two months ago and, of course, no money.

The difference between my deal and VE6NSF's is I didn't send my equipment before receiving payment, so I'm only out the time involved.

I won't speculate what mental condition causes someone to do this, but it seems Mike has an active fantasy life involving the purchase of ham gear.
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

N6VMO wrote:Why would you send an item without having possesion of the funds first?
Perhaps for the same reason you would not send the money until you had the item in your possession. Someone has to trust someone and send something first.
It is just as likely to send the money and not get the item as it is to send the item and not get the money.