WB5CYS Beware of cal barton

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N7WQY

WB5CYS Beware of cal barton

Post by N7WQY »

I( really hate to make these kind of postings and fortunately havent had to make too many, but i notice Cal Barton WB5CYS has a posting for a radio. I answered a posting of his around march or april and

to this day i havent seen the radio,received any responses to email including two responses to his current post and i am out an hf rig as well as a fifty dollar shipping bill. Id like to know if anyone else has been taken by this guy. In short think twice (or more) before sending him any money< gear or anything. if you cant pick it up from him i wouldnt deal with him. I ve had alot of good deals on the board but it s the bad ones that make us all look bad. Take it as advice or warning however you see fit. My advice to anyone is "dont deal with Cal Barton WB5CYS unless you want to give away money or gear. I will email copies of our communications to anyone who requests them.

73 to all

Bob N7WQY