A bum buy from WB4PMS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w5vjh

A bum buy from WB4PMS

Post by w5vjh »

Be aware of WB4PMS.
I needed a working Digital board for my Kenwood TS-930 Xcvr and advertised for one on QTH. WB4PMS, John Flynn Foresthill CA, answered the ad and told me the board he had for sale was new in 92 and functioning. I purchased it for $ 145. When I installed it, it had more malfunctions than the one I am trying to replace. He again assured me the board was working when sent.

I have returned the board to him and he flips off the deal as “Ha, Ha Your Fault”. No refund. I know that I had been had and just fell for it. John, never again will I buy anything from you.

John Gross
W5VJH
[/b]
Last edited by w5vjh on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W5AAT

Post by W5AAT »

Good luck with this guy, whomever and wherever he is.
W4XQ

Re: A bum buy from WB4PMS

Post by W4XQ »

Hey John,

I'm sorry you had a problem, but I had a completely different experience with John Flynn, WB4PMS. I bought a display board from him for my TS-120S. John tried to help me fix the radio over the phone BEFORE he would agree to sell me the board, He said he wasn't sure I needed to replace it. I tried what he suggested, but alas, a new board was needed. I sent him a Money Order, he sent me an email the day he got it and mailed out my part the same day. I installed it today, and it works like a charm.

Also, he sold me the board for what I thought was a very fair price.

Steve Batton W4XQ
Virginia Beach, VA
w5vjh wrote:Be aware of WB4PMS.
I needed a working Digital board for my Kenwood TS-930 Xcvr and advertised for one on QTH. WB4PMS, John Flynn Foresthill CA, answered the ad and told me the board he had for sale was new in 92 and functioning. I purchased it for $ 145. When I installed it, it had more malfunctions than the one I am trying to replace. He again assured me the board was working when sent.

I have returned the board to him and he flips off the deal as “Ha, Ha Your Fault”. No refund. I know that I had been had and just fell for it. John, never again will I buy anything from you.

John Gross
W5VJH
[/b]
Steve W4XQ
"Life Is Short. Eat Your Dessert First."