Radio shipped as promised to w2fpg

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kd6rhr

Radio shipped as promised to w2fpg

Post by kd6rhr »

radio shipped usps delivery confirmation insured at 3:35 PM on 8/6/2007
Insure & Label # VH331078241US
Bill # 1000300422168
w2fpg

What numbers are those for pony xpress?

Post by w2fpg »

Try running those numbers on tracking for the USPO or UPS they are not valid numbers.Another scam??Get real.
K9XR

W2FPG / KD6RHR

Post by K9XR »

From prior experience with the post office I have come to the conclusion that their tracking numbers are about useless. For some reason, most of the time nothing will show up untill after the package is delivered. I have called my local P.O. and they never have the answer as to why this happens.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
kd6rhr

Radio shipped to w2fpg I posted ads with picture OF Receipt

Post by kd6rhr »

If I knew how to add a picture here in the forum I would have done so here.

Sorry if this disturbs everyone trying to prove I sent the item in question.

And FYI our local postal clerk indicated to me that you must call in the numbers they are not available online!!!
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

We are all spoiled (myself included) using Fedex and UPS tracking numbers.
The USPS Priority Mail offers a "Delivery Confirmation" but thats NOT THE SAME as a tracking number. Sometimes the Delivery Confirmation number shows up on the internet before the shipment is delivered...sometimes not.
Sam W8VVE
n1tko

Steve Arbuckle

Post by n1tko »

This is my 2 cents worth.... I think this deal got out of hand somehow and no bad intentions by either party were initially intended.
I have traded and bought from Steve, KD6RHR many, many times and never a glitch. I have talked with him on the phone many times as well. A real gentleman.
I'm sure Frank, FPG is a good guy too.
Calm down boys! Life is too short.
w2fpg

Radio recieved but amp is dead

Post by w2fpg »

Well I finally got the radio but I don't believe this was an honest mistake due to the extensive visible arcing and damage to this amp.Only 2 of the 4 tubes lit up and have lost vacuum.He took the cover off to pack the tubes with styrofoam in case they fell out and the band switch ,choke and,coils and relays were burnt
bad with a 3 inch round mark under the top cover that looked like a spark plug wire had been arcing for a few years if U know what I mean.It's the principal of the thing I offered to pay for shipping the amp back as well as the shipping for my radio and tuner but he must have been desperate to get out from under the amp and would not send my stuff back.I have pictures and cancelled check for proof if anyone would like to see.It's a dead issue now but I never scammed anyone and the radio and tuner I sent him were in new condition.
Frank G W2FPG