K7FF - Derek

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KE3GK

K7FF - Derek

Post by KE3GK »

Derek ... the FT-650 was received last week, like you said it would be.

Great condition ! It's nice to see others that take good care of their rigs.

Thanks

Tom KE3GK
W0LC

Can't say I got a "good deal"

Post by W0LC »

:evil:

Some time back got a radio from K7FF in supposedly "new" condition, in the box. Odd thing was the manual was there but all the technical documentation (i.e. schematics) were removed. After asking him to provide the rest of the "so called " new documentation that was in sealed wrapper (which it wasn't), acted like such an ass! He also lied about the condition of the radio. It had some scratches, minor as they may have been, sure wasn't "new in the box" condition as advertised. Have seen other posts (con) about this guy. Since this experience, I have seen numerous wierd posts from this guy on the web, etc. Seems there is a screw loose somewhere and his integrity is not so teflon to me!

Moved the radio shortly after I got it. Didn't want anything of his in my house.

Safe to say, I won't do business with him again after being ripped off $25+ and losing money on the moving of his "new in the box" radio.
Last edited by W0LC on Thu May 15, 2003 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wr0t

Not Real Pleased

Post by wr0t »

I bought an item thru Ebay from K7FF. It was not quite as listed. Did not return emails about it. Just dropped off the face of the earth. I think he has multipal ID's

The last experience I had with him was when he was flameing me on QTH and posted something he claimed that I sent to him. It was a fake, he didn't even get my IP's name right.

I would never deal with him or have anything to do with him ...
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
Jester51

Loose Software

Post by Jester51 »

I placed a Wanted-To-Buy ad in QTH.COM for a Millen 90652. My ad was answered by DereK, K7FF, stating that he had a MINT condition Millen GDO, 90652, in 'Collector Condition', with all coils, manual, and carrying case. He then posted a picture of an ODD-LOOKING GDO, which seemed to look like a 90652, but something looked out of place. The instrument that he was offering has a very large meter on the front, while my recollection of Millen GDO's was a relatively small meter, mounted BEHIND the panel, and containing a Millen Logo... After calling this discrepency to his attention, he offered to lower his asking price, since the item was VERY FAR from 'collectable condition'... We exchanged e-mails and he offered it to me for $60, to which I agreed. I then sent him a 'payment check' from my bank. This check, like the thousands that I've sent over the past 10 years or so, has a very short area for a memo and another short area for the recipient's account number. There is no room for a lengthy statement or the sender's address, and other details. I notified DereK (that's how HE spells his name),
and he told me that the check would NOT be accepted, and that he would mark the envelope REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER... I wrote back to him and his response was, "I cannot do so much paperwork and cannot remember which payment is for which item..." My immediate thought was, and still is, "THIS GUY HAS SOME MAJOR LOOSE SOFTWARE IN HIS HEAD".
I placed a STOP PAYMENT ORDER with my bank at a cost of $20, but at least he won't be profiting from my money... I'd like everyone on QTH.COM to be VERY WARY OF THIS GUY... His name and call is DereK J. Yungling, K7FF.
Beware of doing ANY business with this guy... Illegitemi Non Carborundum...
wr0t

Mr Friendly

Post by wr0t »

Ah, I see he is making lots of friends again. This guy is a real winner.....

If he offers to pay you to take an item, is is not worth the grief you will receive from him....
KE3GK

W7FF

Post by KE3GK »

Sounds like I was the lucky one ...
wr0t

Lucky One

Post by wr0t »

Tom, you were probably the one and only. I have to wonder however, you would not be a person to stick it to, with the Hamster rating pages. Hi Hi

:P :P :P
W0LC

K7FF (Freakin Fool)

Post by W0LC »

Tom,

It certainly does sound like you are the exception to the rule with this guy. It wasn't worth the annoyance of dealing with him after I purchased a "NIB" radio from him that was anything but that.

I have seen other posts elsewhere on him with similar dealings.

You certainly were lucky in your dealing with him. That must be a first for sure!
KE3GK

K7FF

Post by KE3GK »

Well, I purchased a FT-650 (6m, 10m, 12m 100 watt rig ) from him - he said that he had 2 of them and that his wife said one had to go ... Maybe he sent me the 'wrong' rig ? Hi.

This rig is in real good condition, even has the FM board installed (which is an option). Tested fine, no problems found. I took it over to a friends (NSA radio repair) home and we put it thru the tests and checked voltages, power output, receive sensitivity, audio modulation, etc. Just fine.
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

I see no K7FF ads here on QTH today.