K8CIA Paul Harmer, where are the parts you owe me please?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

K8CIA Paul Harmer, where are the parts you owe me please?

Post by W4AJF »

On May 31st I received in a Kenwood radio I had bought from K8CIA Paul Harmer. He had shipped promptly and his e-mails were punctual back then. As soon as I opened the box I realized he had left out a few cables and some hardware so I could remotely mount the radio. I e-mailed him and he e-mailed back qucikly apologizing that he had indeed left them out and he would send them the next day for sure. I waited a week and nohing so I called and e-mailed him but could not reach him for several days. I finally reached him and he advised me that he was a trucker and was out of town and his wife should have sent what he owed me but not sure why they had not been sent. He assured me he would send it in a few days when he returned home. Needless to say I have been calling and e-mailing him for over a month and now he will not answer. I did reach him a couple of times, once 3 weeks ago and another time 2 weeks ago and each time he assured me he would be home soon and send it in a few days. One of the times he assured me he would be home later that day and would send it the next day. He seems like a nice guy so I am not sure why he won't send the few items he owes me or just answer and tell me what the problem is. I have the radio sitting here and I can't mount it in my car the way I intended to unless he sends me what he owes me, he knows this. I realzie he is a trucker but after a month of e-mailing and calling and him promising, it is way too long. . As soon as I receive it I will of course post that he has fulfilled his part of our deal. If anyone has another way to reach him besides his cell phone and can call him I would appreciate that. Again, he shipped right away in the beginning, radio is fine and he seemed very nice. I am only asking for what he owes me

Thanks for any help,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
W4AJF

Still no reply from Paul Harmer K8CIA, not good!

Post by W4AJF »

Well, several phone calls and e-mails later STILL no reply from K8CIA Paul Harmer. He owes me a few cables and hardware but he just won't answer or send them. I will post if he ever decides to finish our deal and send what he owes me.
Thanks for reading and be careful out there.....

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Just an update, still no word from Paul Harmer K8CIA about the items he owes me. I see he is still posting items for sale on QTH but he will not answer any e-mails or phone calls. All I want is for him to just send me the few items that he has promised to send me several times, just want to get what I am owed so our deal will be complete. As soon as I receive what he owes me I will post that he has done so and that all is complete. It has been over 2 months now...

Thanks for reading,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
W4AJF

Finally reached him

Post by W4AJF »

Thanks to Pat K7NYS, who was very smart and saw the name of Pauls company in his picture in his QRZ bio, I called Pauls office and got him on the phone. He was a little surprised and actually very nice. He told me he sent the items a few weeks ago USPS but of course I do not have it. Anyway, he said to tell him what I owe him and he will make it right and I do believe him. I wish I didn't have to go through all this but I think it will be OK now. Thanks again, Adam Farber W4AJF
W4AJF

STILL NOTHING!

Post by W4AJF »

Well folks, I guess I am not getting the parts owed to me my Paul Harmer K8CIA. After catching Paul on the phone twice, he promised to send me what he owes me but it's been a few weeks again and still nothing so it looks like the parts he owes me will not be coming, I was just trying to complete our deal and get what he owes me but he just won't take care of it. If he does you can be sure I will post to that effect. Be careful.... Thanks, Adam Farber W4AJF
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

What is the name of his company? I wonder how he treats his clients.

Anthony
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, he works for Werner Enterprises (Omaha,NE), a trucking company. Thanks, Adam Farber