KG6ZTF WHERE IS MY ALINCO POWER SUPPLY ?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7FF

KG6ZTF WHERE IS MY ALINCO POWER SUPPLY ?

Post by K7FF »

On May 31st I PayPaled 'Erik' $125. for an Alinco power supply. He told me it might take a day or two to get to me from San Francisco (~100 miles away) .No problem--two or three days was OK. It has now been two weeks and still no power supply. I have emailed him several times with no replies.

It appears that I may hve been overly optomistic in expecting to get what I paid Erik for.

ERIK, WHERE IS MY ALINCO POWER SUPPLY :?: :(
ab7r

Take a trip!

Post by ab7r »

Sounds to me like it may be past due for a 100-mile road trip!.

GL
Greg
AB7R
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Yeah, I could have driven my Honda Accord there and back for $30 in gas. That might have offset shipping it and I could have 'done the deal in person'.

Now, I would make the same drive just to see the look on his face when you knock on the door.
:wink:
K7FF

N6VMO Without a Clue

Post by K7FF »

But, you see, N6VMO, I don't drive a Honda, I drive a Pickyuppie Dodge Dakota. Gas from here to there, and back again (San Francisco is a nice place to visit but I like living up here in the Motherlode), would run me a bit more than the $30. you mention. I prefer FedEx to do the job.

And, I didn't want to bond with the guy, I just wanted the power supply. Don't whanna see his face--just the FedEx guy's.

As an update, after explaining some of the facts of life to him, he agreed to make a PayPal refund. Unfortunately, it appears he may not have the necessary funds available because PayPal put the refund on 'hold' until they can find a source to tap. . .

Strike-out #2.
Later Dudester.
W4FJF

K7FF!

Post by W4FJF »

Looks like you got the shaft like I did. It's a pretty sad world when a fellow ham steals from you like N9CMS did me. I've not given up hope that Chris would come clean, and refund my money before the Sherrif knocks at his door. It's only a matter of time , because both state agencies are cooperating together now. Mail fraud is a federal felony. I wish you luck.
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
K7FF

W4FJF

Post by K7FF »

The PayPal 'refund' still hasn't cleared because it appers ERIK has no funds for PayPal to use to make the payment to me. This suggests that not only does he and his 'wife' , whose name the account is in, not only don't have a positive balance in the account, but there is no normal backup funding available, such as a credit card or checking account.. I will post a message here if ERIK ever comes through. But, I don't hold out much hope. I intend to file fraud complaints. But, where there is stinky smoke . . .
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

It just goes to show you , GET RID OF THE TANK and get a small econmical car , save gas for the future. The Alinco will fit in a Honda or V W.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

N4ATS wrote:It just goes to show you , GET RID OF THE TANK and get a small econmical car , save gas for the future. The Alinco will fit in a Honda or V W.
There is nothing wrong with driving a larger vehicle and it certainly has nothing to do with this case. Shipping the power supply instead of driving for four hours or so to retrieve it is the best use of fuel and time management. It is also the most economical option. Hopefully by filing the fraud complaint against KG6ZTF, K7FF will be able to get his money back.

GL,

John
K7FF

PAYPAL REFUND

Post by K7FF »

The PayPal refund has cleared.

As far as I am concerned, this matter is closed. All is well that ends well. . .
W4FJF

K7FF LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!

Post by W4FJF »

20 OCTOBER, 2007

I'm still waiting for my $350.00 refund from N9CMS - Chris Saylor. All emails refused, letters returned. In my opinion, this guy is real scum, the wretched refuse of the Earth. Been almost six months now waiting for the authorities to get off their dead butts and get to work. I want to see this guy get prosecuted for Federal mail fraud. Am filing in Alabama small claims court, doubt if he will ever appear, I'll win by default. Not that it will be worth a darn.
Fred - W4FJF.
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!