W7QZO RICHARD

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
clifton bratcher

W7QZO RICHARD

Post by clifton bratcher »

MR RICHARD DIXON W7QZO
GOOD MAN AWARD SHIP ON TIME PACK GOOD

Last edited by clifton bratcher on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    N7BUI

Re: w7qzo >richard Dixon< beward<< sale on qth

Post by N7BUI »

Ok I'm puzzled. You sent him a MO on June 6th and now your saying that you've been ripped off since you didn't receive the speaker? Its only been about 5 business days! That's just barely enough time for the MO to travel from your QTH to Oregon. You say that he's cashed it and hasn't sent the speaker? There hasn't been anytime for the speaker to be shipped to you yet. Or were you just waiting for a tracking number to prove the speaker had been shipped?

You do have to allow for a REASONABLE amount of time for the deal to be completed. 6 days isn't enough IMHO. Sheesh.

clifton bratcher wrote:MR RICHARD DIXON W7QZO
    I SENT HIM A U.S. POST OFFICE MONEY 11222459032 FOR $75.00 FOR ICOM SPEAKER HE CASH THE MONEY DIDN,T SENT THE SPEAKER. I WILL NOT BUY ANY THING ELES OFF QTH BECAUSE PEOPLE OUT TAKE EVERY ONE, KE4MAE CLIFTON BRATCHER

Sent : Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:50 PM
    To : "clifton bratcher" <ke4mae>
    Subject : Re: QTH.COM Ad -- For Sale: ICOM SP-3 exter...

| | | Inbox

Roger that, Clifton. I'll get it packed and ready to go.
    Best regards,
    Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "clifton bratcher" <ke4mae>
    To: <richdix>
    Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:37 AM
    Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- For Sale: ICOM SP-3 exter...

I sent your money order out to day pr mail money order 11222459032 6/6/07time1:07 so it on it way
    think u clifton

To: "clifton bratcher" <ke4mae>
    Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:29:11 -0700

Ok, Clifton, great. My info is:

Richard Dixon
    16032 Lost Coyote Lane
    Mitchell, Oregon 97750

I'll pack it well and priority-mail it to you as soon as your money order arrives.
    73's,
    Rich

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:55 PM

Rich
    Sent me your adrees were to sent you a us post office money order I will sent you 75.00 adrees
    is clifton bratcher
    133 iron dr
    Frankfort ky 40602 think 73

To: "clifton bratcher" <ke4mae>
    Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:41:25 -0700

Hello, Clifton,
    Well, my Icom speaker didn't sell on eBay. If you are still interested, I'll ship it to you (I pay shipping) for $75.
    Best 73's,
    Rich W7QZO

Cc: <ke4mae>
    Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 5:18 PM
    Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- For Sale: ICOM SP-3 exter...

Dear Rich Dixon W7QZO,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "For Sale: ICOM SP-3 external speaker", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

The response is from:

Name: clifton bratcher
    Callsign: KE4MAE
    E-mail: ke4mae@hotmail.com

The response is:

would you sent me a picture of those spearker are have you still got them how much would it cost to sent them to ky.

--------------------------------------------------------
    For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 598384
    Date Ad was Placed: 05/25/07
    Name: Rich Dixon
    Phone Number: 541 462-3078
    Callsign: W7QZO
    Category: RADIOHF
    Heading: For Sale: ICOM SP-3 external speaker
    Ad Message:
    Beautiful condition. Bought it to use with an Icom transciever I decided to swap. $80 plus UPS or USPS. Email photo on request.
    Rich W7QZO

--------------------------------------------------------

kb9vxq

Sheesh is right!!!

Post by kb9vxq »

Yeah that's deffinetly rediculus to be that impatient. Then to say everybody on QTH rips people off is just unbelieveable.

Clifton even though you sent it priority mail since your 3/4 the way accross the country from Richard you should have sense enough to know it will take 3 days to get to him and 3 days for the speaker to get to you once he ships it out. And since you didn't mail you MO until after 1 p.m. it may not have even gone out that day. And if things for him are like me he may not get his mail until 4 pm so he wouldn't have time to ship it out that day. So there you are. You are just being WAYYYY to impatient. Let the guy breath.
      KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

I have sent letters via Priority Mail that took up to 4 weeks to arrive. Somehow the regular mail only takes a week almost anywhere in the country bit Priority can get snagged somehow.
      You do not mention anywhere that you know that he even got the money!

I agree with the other guys here.....Get a Grip and let the deal happen before getting all upset.

Also is there some reason you do not use your call sign here?

Good Luck
      Ed