Unhappy with Jarrid Day, kc8ycs

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

lets see if he replies to me.
scott
ae4sh
ex-w4stl
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

heres his answer.
i don't expect any payment from him, but i sent him 2 good working 2 meter fm amps.
let's see what happens.

alright i'm keeping them how much i'll give ya fifty considering niether worked. because i got chewed out because i was told they worked when they didn't
va3jwp

KC8YCS

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all. It's nice to hear that our little forum is preventing Jarrid from aquiring any more radios. Kudos to N8QEM, Charely, i'm glad you read our warnings about him. Somewhere out there is my old TS-700A thats he swapped off without ever paying me a single penny. Reading your post has made my day, thanks again for the update Charley!!. And to AE4SH Scott, don't hold your breath on receiving the $50.00 he says he'll give you. You'll have a better chance at opening your front door, and having a crisp new $50.00 bill slap you in the face!!. 73 to all, and happy thanksgiving to our US neighbours.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
N7IBC

FCC and FBI

Post by N7IBC »

I have been following this for sometime and finally decided to make a comment.

As the suspect made the attempt to take property from another from his location, then the crime has technically been committed there.

Since this individual is already up on charges of child molestation, why not contact the local district attorney, county prosecutor or whatever that person is called there and advise them of the thefts, which have to be a felony, if not federal, then surely state felony charges.
File a formal complaint with the local authorities, or with YOUR local authorities and have them forward that report/ complaint to the jurisdiction where this clown lives. (Just make sure that all of the documentation is correct, dates, times, internet activity, monetary loss,etc)
The report will get to the local prosecutor there.

Also, another thought. I have been reading lately that the FCC is revoking amateur licenses of those that are, "Not morally upstanding". After his conviction, maybe someone should see to it that the FCC gets the conviction notice which is after all, a matter of public record.
If he has a prior conviction of this crime, then I am sure the FCC would love to have the information right now.

From a law enforcement officer who "dislikes" thieves.

N7IBC
:)
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

Rilet has been notifed of this matter.
another ham, who has been scammed by jarrid has sent the info to riley.
i spoke with the police cheif in his town.
he told me theres no use in trying to get any money from jarrid.
all they are waiting on is another slipup from him and he'll go away for a long time.
KD8RAY

Re: Unhappy with Jarrid Day, kc8ycs

Post by KD8RAY »

He has dealt that radio off and has it back right now. He just tried to deal it to me on the phone just minutes ago. I told him I wasn't interested, then a few minutes following he was on a local repeater where I informed him about his alleged dealings here on QTH and read a few of the forums over the air for him to hear. I believe he has made some contact as a result. I also informed him it is a serious matter to rip off fellows in our fraternity where we have trust in each other. He had plenty of excuses why he hasn't paid. I'm sorry a local thief took advantage of you. I plan to keep on him when ever he gets on a local repeater. I'll either force him to PAY up or force him off the air.

Best regrads and Happy New Year

KD8RAY
va3jwp wrote:Hello all, a few months back, Jarrid and I agreed on a deal on my Kenwood TS-700A I had listed here for sale or trade. Well, to make a long story short, I sent the radio to him, with the promise that i'd see the cash at the end of the month, (that month being April). Well, April turned to May, than May turned to "whenever I can get the cash together". I haven't seen a dime, and the phone calls and emails have stopped coming. He has been trying to sell the radio here on this web site, (or already sold it), without having paid for it , which really upsets me. I asked him to just send the radio back to me if he couldn't afford it, but that apparently wasen't an option. I guess i'm just hoping that by posting this deal gone bad for everyone to read, that a miracle will happen, and i'll see the cash that's owed to me. So, to anyone thinking of dealing with Jarrid, be sure to collect the cash before you send the radio, otherwise you'll end up in my situation.....looking completly foolish and empty handed.

James (VA3JWP) :(
----------------------------------------------------------------
KD8RAY - Raynard Merritt
Best regards to all
va3jwp

KC8YCS

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, to KD8RAY, Raynard, thank you very much for your help in this matter. It's always nice to see amateurs helping eachother out. Rest assured, i'd do the very same thing for you, if it were the other way around. I received an email this morning from KC8YCS, claiming that he will be sending the radio back to me today or tomorrow. I can only hope that he does the right thing, I really think he is scared, knowing that the amateur community surrounding him is aware of what he has done. I will post updates as necessary. 73 to all, and a special thanks to Raynard and the other folks in and around Bethesda OH for their concern.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
va3jwp

KC8YCS

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all. Just a quick update, Jarrid emailed me this past weekend and informed me that my TS-700A is on its way back to me. When (or if) it arrives, i'll be sure to post an update. It looks as if this forum has done its job well. He has emailed me a few times and told me that he is going to make right on any bad deals........lets hope it's not another attempt to put things off. 73 to all.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
va3jwp

TS-700A is back home.

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, i'm happy to say that the TS-700A is finally been returned to me. I set it up on the shack bench, and it's working just fine. I'd like to thank KD8RAY, and the other amateurs that live near Jarrid, for getting the message across to him, that my radio should be returned. My only hope now, is that he will come clean on the other deals that he had. And finally, to Jarrid, I hope you've learned a lesson. Don't screw your fellow amateurs........ we'll make your life miserable!.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

he's also promised to return my amps.
still nothing yet.
ae4sh
scott
va3jwp

KC8YCS

Post by va3jwp »

Hi Scott, i'm sorry to hear that you haven't received anything back from Jarrid as of yet. Keep on him, and hopefully you'll get what he owes you. I'll be willing to bet that he dosen't have the amps anymore, so maybe he can square up with you some other way. Keep me posted, and good luck.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
AE4SH

JARRID D DAY

Post by AE4SH »

i just found this:

WB8JHD ex: KC8YCS

JARRID D DAY

309 Rice Avenue, PO BOX 254

Bethesda, OH 43719

USA

if anyone has any contact info please let me know.
i'm still looking for my stuff.
scott
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Since this guy is a convicted sex offender, I am surprised nobody has brought his to the FCC attention. And now he has a vanity call.
AE4SH

jarrrid day

Post by AE4SH »

as much as i remember,
when i talked to the local police chief , he told mr jarrid was a piece of dirt and they just hav'nt got the right charge on him yet.
i did find a message he had posted in the last few years and left him a reply.
i'm still awaiting a reply from him.
scott
KD8RAY

Re: JARRID D DAY

Post by KD8RAY »

740-484-4178
AE4SH wrote:i just found this:

WB8JHD ex: KC8YCS

JARRID D DAY

309 Rice Avenue, PO BOX 254

Bethesda, OH 43719

USA

if anyone has any contact info please let me know.
i'm still looking for my stuff.
scott
K4ICL

This does not look good...

Post by K4ICL »

-------------------------------------
OHIO Sex Offender Listing:

Jarrid Dean Day
Address:308 Spruce St., Bethesda, OH 43719 Race:White Sex:Male Height: 5'6 Weight: 160 lbs. Eyes:Brown Hair:Brown Age/DOB: 12/27/1978
Offenses
Offense: Gross Sexual Imposition Date: Not Reported
Alias(es)

------------------------------------
FCC Listing for WB8JHD

DAY, JARRID D
PO Box 254
308 spruce street
Bethesda, OH 43719
AE4SH

Post by AE4SH »

The last i found out on Jarrid Day was, He's in the Fed lockup for stealing some radio equiptment and selling it.
That was straight from the Sheriff's office where he lived.
I also have heard he was in the the Myrtle Beach, SC area at one time.
I just gave up on the piece of trash a long time ago and just wrote the deal up as a learning lesson.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Scott
I did a google search on his current call (wb8jhd) and on Dec 22, 2010 he registered on a Dog Lovers website using his callsign.

http://board.dogchannel.com/?sc_cid=4678600
Last edited by KA9MOT on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - KA9MOT
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Steve" Jarrid Days New Call sign is WB8JHD not the 9 call one. I think mister Call in Kentucky might not like being associated with such trash...
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

K0pd wrote:Steve" Jarrid Days New Call sign is WB8JHD not the 9 call one. I think mister Call in Kentucky might not like being associated with such trash...
A typo. The information about the dog lovers is correct. I fixed my typo. Thank you for pointing that out for me.
Steve - KA9MOT
AE4SH

Post by AE4SH »

Just a note,
In never recieved anything from Jarrid Day and don't expect to.
I can only hope the law has finally caught up with his mis-leading dealings and locked him up for a long time,
Scott
WD8T

Post by WD8T »

No offense intended but, after 8 years maybe it's time to let this go and close the thread.
N8ERM

Post by N8ERM »

This post will remain. It is filling the main purpose of this fourm. If the users of qth.com will use feedback forum there is less chance of getting in a a deal that will not go well. Full proof, not at all but if you check google. qrz, and eham for scammers it might help you to make the best decision regarding your deal.
Good trading buying and selling, please remember to do your homework.

Terry N8ERM
Moderator/Editor
http://www.qth.com