DONT DEAL WITH KP4BPR

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n8kip

DONT DEAL WITH KP4BPR

Post by n8kip »

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY KP4BPR. HE SOLD ME A SET OF BEAMS HE AGREED TO SHIP, AND THEN RENEGED BECAUSE HE SAID HE WAS TO BUSY WORKING ALL THE TIME TO GET TO THE UPS OFFICE. NOW HE HAS THEM FOR SALE AGAIN ON QTH.

IF YOU MAKE A SALE ON HERE AS HE DID, YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO FOLLOW THROUGH NOT BACK OUT BECAUSE IT IS INCONVIENT TO YOU.

I WOULD NOT DEAL WITH HIM .....HE HAS A TENDENCY TO RENEG ON DEALS THAT ARE AGREED UPON.
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

Was any payment sent?
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

You did not include enough information for me to pass judgement. Did you send him the money?? How long after the deal was "struck" did you send the payment?? If you sent the payment, did he refund any/all of it? How long after he backed out, did his ad reappear?? Maybe his schedule changed and allowed him more time to take care of business.. There is no "obgligation"... QTH is not eBay.. There is no binding contract between buyers and sellers..

If he was timely in notifying you the beam was no longer being offered, (meaning he notified you before you sent the payment) then no harm, no foul.. Often times, people (both buyers and sellers) back out of a deal simply because they aren't comfortable with the terms..

Happens all the time........

KM5FL
n8kip

DONT DEAL WITH KP4BPR

Post by n8kip »

Originally it was him who agreed to send the beams. No money was exchanged because he told me numerous times by email and phone he said they were sold to me, and he would get me the shipping information. No money could be shipped until he got the information he said he would. I have waited 3 weeks for him to do this, and he didnt get back to me, and when he does he then gives some lame excuse that he is to busy working to get to the UPS office to get the price and to follow thru on the deal and decides to repost the ad.

It seems he wasnt to busy that he couldnt get on the computer to repost the ad on QTH. He could have taken the same amount of time he spent reposting the ad and went to the UPS office and got the shipping price. Surely during a lunch hour he has time to run in and get a shipping price. If he didnt want to ship them then why did he string me along for the entire 3 weeks.? there is no defending this clowns actons and I am suprised you even defend him and condone this type of behaviour.

There was no action that could have cause HIM to change his mind other than he was to lazy to follow thru on selling the item after t was sold. When an item is promised sold you dont back out because your just to lazy or busy. If everyone on here did that QTH would be out of business. I realize this isnt Ebay but there are still ethical selling practices one must follow.

Apparently the owner of QTH didnt think to highly of what this guy did and is blocking and banning him from doing business here. And since he runs QTH I guess his agreeing with me shows who was in the right here huh?
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: DONT DEAL WITH KP4BPR

Post by KA9FOX »

n8kip wrote:Apparently the owner of QTH didnt think to highly of what this guy did and is blocking and banning him from doing business here. And since he runs QTH I guess his agreeing with me shows who was in the right here huh?
I did not realize that the seller put "PICK UP ONLY" in the ad. Apparently N8KIP had tried to convince the seller to ship the items, and I guess the seller did agree to figure out shipping costs and get back to him, but never did. I think some people just don't like to say no... it is apparent the seller never wanted to ship in the first place, and only wanted a local ham to pick up the item.

KP4BPR is not blocked from using the site. It takes more than that to get blocked here (i.e. ripping people off, etc.).

- Scott KA9FOX
n8kip

Will Let It Drop

Post by n8kip »

When you promise to sell and item and ship an item and back out its to me its just plain misrepresenting yourself. Say NO if you dont wanna do the shipping not let someone dangle for weeks. I hope the next time I just get to lazy to follow through on shipping a sold item your as understanding. Meanwhile he got away with it so I'll have to let it drop, and chalk it up to his inexperience on how to act responsibility and let the issue drop.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: Will Let It Drop

Post by KA9FOX »

n8kip wrote:When you promise to sell and item and ship an item and back out its to me its just plain misrepresenting yourself. Say NO if you dont wanna do the shipping not let someone dangle for weeks.
Can't argue with that!

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com