N4AY Steve Boadwine What a CROOK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Martyn

N4AY Steve Boadwine What a CROOK

Post by Martyn »

Hi there Gang.
Beware of this guy,,,,,,,
I just lost $800 by purchasing an FT-847 that was listed on this site, I responded to his listing, he telephoned me and I arranged for immediate payment via Paypal as a direct payment from my bank
I phoned him 3 times over 3 weeks and I got the story that his parents were ill and he had been away helping them and had not got the radio out yet, now 6 weeks later, Paypal cannot get access to his account for a refund for me, the phone never gets answered I have located his web site and his phone # listed is different and changed and only allows out going calls, his FAX # listed is in another poart of the country, his GPS positions listed on the QRZ database locate to a feild in the middle of no where and his name and # are unlisted
So all in all I have drawn a blank.
I will be getting the various agencies involved to catch this crook and am prepared to spend as much time and money needed to bring this guy to justice.
Any help would be appreciated.
So if you have had a bad experiance with N4AY please get in touch with me
Thank you
Martyn
W4/G4AGV
n4ay

How about N4AY's side of the story?

Post by n4ay »

Folks, My wife just found this post, and I need to respond.
Yes, I was late in sending the radio to this jerk. Do your own Google search of Archie Boadwine. You'll find his obit. That was my father. Lived three hundred miles from me here in Panama City, and while he was dying, my mother was also hospitalized. I am their only child, and the nearest other relative lives in Oklahoma. I received telephone calls from Martyn wondering why the power cord wasn't in the box with the radio. I hadn't even sent it yet. He had apparently ordered several radios at one time and didn't even remember it when I spoke with him on the phone. He obviously was drunk or on some kind of drugs at the time. So what the hell fax number??? Ever heard of free Efax?? You take the number they give you. GPS coordinates?? Right off my Garmin 45, in the backyard!
Following his receipt of the radio, he never bothered to notify PayPal nor did he respond PayPal's request for information, therefore the account was reinstated.

If Martyn thinks I am unaware of what the legal ramifications of making false and misleading statements with the intent of causing harm are, he will find out quite soon.

Apparently, Martyn is one to talk...My wife just found that he's had a few difficulties with Ebay--as in screwing numerous folks.

If a public apology is not forthcoming, I'll seriously consider pursuing hanging Martyn's butt out to dry!

TNX es 73,
de N4Ay
n4ay

Attorney contacted

Post by n4ay »

Martyn is no longer listing any items on Ebay under any of his usernames, and
according to the Attorney General he is under investigation for many charges, and has apparently gone into hiding, quite likely back in the UK or in an RV traveling.
k8pcu

Post by k8pcu »

Martyn is no longer listing any items on Ebay under any of his usernames, and
according to the Attorney General he is under investigation for many charges, and has apparently gone into hiding, quite likely back in the UK or in an RV traveling

The above statement made by N4AY is NOT CORRECT! As of now Martyn has 53 listings currently on eBay of which, most have been on for the week.

As to which Attorney General he is referring to, who knows??? Maybe a figment of his imagination???

At any rate, it would be nice if folks using this forum would state facts, NOT FICTION, CARRY ON THE PRIVATE VENDETTAS, ELSEWHERE and post eBay feedback on eBay, not here.

Have a nice day, 73 Jim