KE4GPZ / W4BPT Billy P. Talyor Sr. Beware!!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5KBP

KE4GPZ / W4BPT Billy P. Talyor Sr. Beware!!!!!

Post by N5KBP »

On 04/19/2007 I agreed to trade a Radio Shack HTX-200 HT for a Dentron Super Tuner with him.
I shipped the HT via Fedex, tracking # 045770734142507 on 04/20/2007. I emailed Billy the tracking info and he replied that he would ship the same day and forward tracking info to me.

Between 04/21 and 05/01 I sent multiple emails requesting shipping info and did not receive a reply until I forwarded the link to proof that he had signed for delivery of the HT on 04/24. 05/01 he sent an email with another promise to ship that day as well as some kind of excuse about being out of town to take care of his mother at the same time he was at home signing for the HT? He again promised to ship the tuner and forward shipping info.

05/03 he replied to another email form me inquiring about shipping with another promise to ship.
Well lo and behold I have not received any tuner or emails since.
Go figure.

I found a message from W7YBV at http://www.eham.net/forums/Misc/3429 that should have warned me but I saw it to late.

I should have more thoroughly checked this guy out but I didn't. That is my fault and I'm paying the price.
So if you make any deals with Bill P. Taylor Sr. be very careful.
His contact info is

Billy P. Taylor Sr.
2701 Fairlane Av. Lot 56
Dunbar WV. 25064
304-766-7831

Marty
N5KBP
Last edited by N5KBP on Sun May 13, 2007 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

Got an email today from Billy with another promise to ship. I'm not holding my breath.

Marty
N5KBP
wa4onv

Post by wa4onv »

N5KBP wrote:Got an email today from Billy with another promise to ship. I'm not holding my breath.

Marty
N5KBP
Is it possible for a person to hold 2 different amateur radio calls with different addresses ??

I just happen to pull up Billies info on QRZ and found 2 calls for the same person.

Best of 73 to all. Joe WA4ONV
Best of 73....Joe WA4ONV
K2DC

Post by K2DC »

According to the FCC database, he does have two calls, both Tech Class with different adresses in Georgia for each. Both calls in the database show the same FRN number. How that works and where the WVa adress came from - who knows.

GL,

Don, K2DC

Post by wa4cch »

K2DC wrote:According to the FCC database, he does have two calls, both Tech Class with different adresses in Georgia for each. Both calls in the database show the same FRN number. How that works and where the WVa adress came from - who knows.

GL,

Don, K2DC
:D

i would like to see him explain his two calls to reily hollingsworth @ the fcc

chuck
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

Well finally got the tuner . It only took 3 weeks, multiple emails and many unfulfilled promises to ship. It was so poorly packed one of the knobs was pushed back and broke the nylon bolt that holds the variable cap in. The heavy cap came unsoldered and bounced around in the box and bent a few plates. I have the plates bent back and will go to the hardware store tomorrow to replace the nylon bolt. I have learned a good lesson on this one. Check out a guy VERY thoroughly before sending anything.

Marty
N5KBP
w7ybv

w4bpt

Post by w7ybv »

You are lucky to have received your tuner. Billy has never sent my laptop yet after four years. He just kept my IC-2AT. He had many excuses over the years and "sich mother" was one of them. Just gotta watch this guy.
73. Gene w7ybv
N5KBP

Re: w4bpt

Post by N5KBP »

w7ybv wrote:You are lucky to have received your tuner. Billy has never sent my laptop yet after four years. He just kept my IC-2AT. He had many excuses over the years and "sich mother" was one of them. Just gotta watch this guy.
73. Gene w7ybv
Sorry to hear you never got the laptop. He claimed in an email that he sent it to you. He also claimed that the radio you sent was DOA. From my experience I put a lot more stock in your version than his.

Cut and paste of entire email from Billy P. Taylor Sr. to me dated 05/08/07. Excluding >> stuff from reply quoted part.
W4BPT / KE4BPZ Billy P. Taylor Sr. wrote:well it will be on it way in the moring i went and brower the money to sent it and Danny will mail for me oh by the way do you want the radio back to if so i will sent it out to you and you can have the tuner ....i told u my wife would mail it out went i got pay so it up to u if you want it back
and yes i did sent the pc to that old man for a ht but he sent me a rado that was doa and that why i tock my time sent it to him well u will get it in a few days

Hope you eventually get what he owes you but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Marty
N5KBP