Warning: Donald Reinshagen

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
laborkei

Warning: Donald Reinshagen

Post by laborkei »

I purchased a Ham IV and Controller on QTH.COM on Jan, 29th, 2007 from this Ham. When I received it, I sent it to Rotornorms to be rebuilt, it was in a non-working condition when I plugged it in. Rotornorms called me a few weeks later and said I can't work wonders, this is a Ham-II, not a Ham-IV. I emailed Don at the same address as his Paypal.com account where I paid, and have not received a response as of yet. With all the purchases I have made on QTH.COM I have never been ripped off, but I guess it was my turn. So buyer beware if you plan on making a purchase from this man.

Keith, K4KAL
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

Since you did not show a callsign in your post it appears that you purchased the rotator from someone who is not a ham. Remember KA9FOX's suggestions when using QTH.com:
Suggestion #1 95% of the complaints that I get are from hams that have lost money or equipment to deals made with non-hams. If there is one suggestion I could make, it would be to only deal with hams, and to make sure the person is not impersonating a ham by verifying that you are sending money or equipment to their address listed with the FCC. Don't send equipment to the person's "office" or "girlfriend's" house, etc.
K4ICL

Provide a callsign!

Post by K4ICL »

If the person you are discussing is a ham, please give his callsign so there is no confusion as which ham it is. Thanks...

K4ICL
laborkei

Post by laborkei »

The seller was a Ham named Donald Reinshagen, the ad was listed under Rotors on QTH.COM. The time has lapsed with QTH.com archives, and the only paper work I have is from the Paypal transaction, I could only use his name.

Keith, K4KAL
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

K2DGR
REINSHAGEN, DONALD G
PO Box 118
FISHS EDDY, NY 13774
W9SIX

Post by W9SIX »

FWIW, I had a positive exp. w/Don. I had a couple of boatancor parts lying around that he was interested in. He agreed to buy one, then called the next day to add another. I added a few dollars to his total and he said that was not enough and sent more than I'd asked. He seemed like a pretty decent guy. maybe there are some circumstances that we don't know about. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Reinshagen, Donald G
Fishs Eddy, NY 13774
(607) 637-3427
n1tko

Don - K2DGR.... No problems

Post by n1tko »

I have done business with Don also and he was up front and honest with me. He insisted I take his phone number in case something was not as described.
He even checked back with me after I bought an HF rig to see if all was still okay....
Good trader in my opinion.
Jerry - N1TKO
KG4EVG

Post by KG4EVG »

HELLO TO ALL;
I MUST SAY I HAVE DONE BUSSINESS WITH DON ON A YAESU,I RECEIVED A RADIO THAT UPS HAD PLAYED FOOTBALL WITH,I CONTACTED HIM AND HE TOOK CARE OF IT RIGHT AWAY,AND HE GAVE ME A REFUND AND PAID FOR RETURN( JUST MY 2 CENTS)STRAIGHT SHOOTER WITH ME!
THANKS
KG4EVG
k2dgr

Rotor sale Warning feedback

Post by k2dgr »

I have now cooled down about tis guy. Yes he bought a HAM IV from me in January 07, He never contacted me till the end of April 07, stating it was not a HAMiv and he had sent it out to NORMS rotor repair,Never telling me he was going to do this. After its return to him he emailed me stating it had a $150 repair bill from norms which I should pay. My responce to him was he should have gotten in touch with me before he sent it anywhere and 3 months later tells me it is not what I sold him! Did he burn it up and now wanted me to pay repairs?
Lets see he bought it for $165 in January plus shipping
Sends it out to Norms with repair of $150 3 months later
Wants me to pay $150 repair bill
That means I would of sold a HAM 4 or what ever Ham rotor he thinks for $15 I don,t think so!
If He had contacted me after the sale with in reason I would have refunded is money but not after 3 months of use and then had to have it repaired!
73 to all that read this and want to contact me please do.
Don