N1MZB Item not received

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
formula

N1MZB Item not received

Post by formula »

Money order sent on 1/29/07 for listing by N1MZB # 577280 for Cushcraft R-7 Antenna. Have called & emailed the seller several times to no avail. Exact same listing is still posted. Do I need to worry?? What should be my next step??

Received email today 2/20/07 indicating receipt of money order, husband sick & trouble finding shipping container but not to worry ant being packed & will ship. Hope in my lifetime.
Last edited by formula on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Find out whether or not the money order has been cashed. It may have gotten lost in the mail.
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Whether the MO is cashed, lost or not, does not excuse not answering email or phone calls.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

N6VMO wrote:Whether the MO is cashed, lost or not, does not excuse not answering email or phone calls.
And really the ad should be marked "Sold - Pending Payment"

That's as bad as the ads that read something like " First cheque that gets here gets it " What does he do with the second, third and forth cheques??
kc6mmi

N1MZB

Post by kc6mmi »

formula: Check your PM.
Tnx
Rich
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Has this been resolved?
formula

Not yet resolved

Post by formula »

Received email today 2/20/07 indicating receipt of money order, husband sick & trouble finding shipping container but not to worry ant being packed & will ship. Hope in my lifetime.

Bill
KB0BCI
n1lpj

YOU WILL GET IT

Post by n1lpj »

DEBBIE WILL SEND THE ANTENNA, RITE NOW HER HUSBAND HAS LUNG CANCER AND SHE IS TRYING TO PACK IT ALONE, DONT WORRY IT WILL BE THERE.
K4ICL

To all hams n the Lyndon CTR VT area...

Post by K4ICL »

It looks like it is time for some Vermont hams to step up to the plate and help out a fellow ham.

DEBORAH A JUDKINS, N1MZB
PO BOX 40
LYNDON CTR, VT 05850

If you live near Debbie and her husband or know someone who does, do what it takes to contact her and get her any assistance she might need.

That is what hamming is all about, folks...

K4ICL
formula

Still no word

Post by formula »

No communication has been received from N1MZB since 2/20/07, nor have I received the antenna. In her email on 2/20, N1MZB assured me the antenna would be shipped. I replied requesting immediate shipment or refund of my payment - no response. I called and left a message on her answering machine again today and will send her another email also. I'm getting very discouraged. Suggestions welcome.

KB0BCI
K4ICL

Suggestion...

Post by K4ICL »

Call the police or sheriff office having jurisdiction where she lives. Ask them to check on the health and welfare of the lady you are doing business with. Explain why you are concerned since it is unusual for persons not to respond after a reasonable period.

You may or may not get a positive response from the law enforcement group you contact; it will depend on how small a town she lives in.

But, it is worth a try. Your request is in line with the mission of most law enforcement groups -- to serve and protect the public interest.

K4ICL
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

It is quite possible he IS being screwed.
N6VMO

Re: YOU WILL GET IT

Post by N6VMO »

n1lpj wrote:DEBBIE WILL SEND THE ANTENNA, RITE NOW HER HUSBAND HAS LUNG CANCER AND SHE IS TRYING TO PACK IT ALONE, DONT WORRY IT WILL BE THERE.
Both N1LPJ and N1MZB have the same PO Box address. Maybe N1LPJ should help pack the antenna.
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Apparently N1MZB has attempted to post a response but is having problems. Please see ad # 581378.
formula

Not yet resolved

Post by formula »

I checked out ad # 581378, wish she had put in the ad what she wanted to say on the forum. Called again today, got the answering machine, left ANOTHER message. If she is being honest, why won't she answer the phone or send me an email? I tend to agree with ve3tmt.
n1lpj

n1mzb phone number

Post by n1lpj »

her number is 802-473-7441 she tried to fix this i know because i am her husband, damn you would see that if you looked at her adds.
n1lpj

returned money order k5jn

Post by n1lpj »

if you think you got ripped off call k5jn, he got a 550.00 money order back cuz we found the amp broken. fixed now and for sale again. sb-220 with all the mods and 2 new 3-500z
formula

Post by formula »

I called the phone number posted by N1LPJ and talked to Debbie. She advised the antenna was under the house, frozen and she needed another week or so to get it out. I told her to send my money back and she said she would see what she could do.
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

She must be going to refund your money since the R7 is now listed again by n1lpj

CUSHCRAFT R-7 IN RX CONDITION
THIS ANTENNA WAS USED FOR ONLY 3 MONTHS AND THE PLACE I LIVED MADE ME TAKE IT DOWN OR MOVE. IF INTERESTED PRICE IS $250.00 PLUS $15.00 FOR SHIPPING. HOWEVER IT WILL TAKE ME A WHILE TO SHIP AS I HAVE LUNG CANCER AND DONT MOVE FAST THESE DAYS. THANK YOU FOR READING.
NORM
Listing #582832 - Submitted on 02/28/07 by Callsign N1LPJ
formula

Status N1MZB Antenna

Post by formula »

Spoke with Debbie on the phone this evening 3/05/07. She said she will be mailing the money order in the morning 3/06/07. I told her I would wait until after the mail arrives on Friday 3/09/07, before filing a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Bill
KB0BCI
formula

N1MZB

Post by formula »

Refund not received as of 3/9/07. Filing formal complaint with Missouri Attorney General. Not sure what my options are if this fails. Small claims court.? Judge Judy?? Have bought a lot of items off the net & this is the first time things have not gone well.

KB0BCI
W9WCR

Why

Post by W9WCR »

Why in the world is the thief ham able to post ads???
N9LCD

formula

Post by N9LCD »

If you sent payment through the mail try filing a mail fraud complaint.

That might alt least scare the feces out of the perps!

JERRY

N9LCD

:twisted:
formula

Antenna Refund

Post by formula »

Believe it or not but received Money Order today. Hope it is good as I have not had much luck with this. Thanks for the inputs.

Bill
KB0BCI
n1lpj

this is norman husband of n1mzb

Post by n1lpj »

Debbie has never lied that i know of and i know that the money order was sent back and cashed, now can we leave this alone please
thank yo