VE7CQE commits fraud again

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w5vk

VE7CQE commits fraud again

Post by w5vk »

Since my initial post concerning Charles Parent Quinn, a Canadian ham radio operator, I have been contacted by TWO ADDITIONAL victims. Both people have been scammed by VE7CQE, one for about $2,000 and the most recent for $6,000. Both of these have paid for computer equipment which they have never received. If you have any dealings with this person, Charles "Chuck" Parent Quinn, VE7CQE, please let me know. Thanks, W5VK.
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Why not persuade those individuals to post their stories here?
VE3TMT

Re: VE7CQE commits fraud again

Post by VE3TMT »

w5vk wrote:Since my initial post concerning Charles Parent Quinn, a Canadian ham radio operator, I have been contacted by TWO ADDITIONAL victims. Both people have been scammed by VE7CQE, one for about $2,000 and the most recent for $6,000. Both of these have paid for computer equipment which they have never received. If you have any dealings with this person, Charles "Chuck" Parent Quinn, VE7CQE, please let me know. Thanks, W5VK.
Your subject line already tells us he is a ham radio operator. Do you need to say "A Canadian" in your message. I get the impression you are implying A:: Canadian hams should be subject.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
BSOT

Post by BSOT »

w5vk wrote:Since my initial post concerning Charles Parent Quinn, a Canadian ham radio operator, I have been contacted by TWO ADDITIONAL victims. Both people have been scammed by VE7CQE, one for about $2,000 and the most recent for $6,000. Both of these have paid for computer equipment which they have never received. If you have any dealings with this person, Charles "Chuck" Parent Quinn, VE7CQE, please let me know. Thanks, W5VK.
Hello:

I recently repaired a computer for Charles and he wrote me a NSF cheque. He is now avoiding me and as he uses Presidents Choice (a virtual bank) I am unable to get any cooperation from them.

He is presently doing business as “Tsunami High Performance Liquid Cooled Computers. His mailing address, #1-833 12th Street in New Westminster is the entrance to an alley.

His current email address is: 'chasequinn@hotmail.com' .

His home address is:
#410 – 1116 Hamilton Street
New Westminster, BC
V3M 2M9

His phone number is: 604 520 9976
Linda

Post by Linda »

Oh my gosh. My brother just told me a story about this fellow and I found this site because I was looking for more information on him.

At Christmas 2006 my brother found a cat up a tree. This guy asked my brother to climb the tree to get the cat. He told my brother that he would pay him $100.00 as a reward. My brother climbed the tree and then the cat jumped over to another tree. My brother then came down and climbed up the second tree. He ended up getting scratched to bits by this crazy cat but agreed to do it.

This guy, Charles Parent wrote my brother a cheque for $100.0 and even wrote reward on the cheque. The cheque bounced.

Unbelievable.
Linda

Post by Linda »

the telephone number he gave my brother is 604-520-9805.
wa2ivd

Post by wa2ivd »

Sadly, this is still going on. Charles Parent was one of the operators on the Last Man Standing event this past spring. In our private chat group he posted pictures of a tee-shirt and plaque commemorating the event and offered to produce them for anyone who wanted to order one. I sent him $78 Canadian for the items plus shipping and never received them. Several people (myself included) have tried contacting him with no response. As far as I know, nobody that ordered the items has received them.
I wish I had seen this forum before I sent my money to him. Hopefully this will keep others from being taken advantage of in the future.