Ripped off by QTH.COM seller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AF2Q

Ripped off by QTH.COM seller

Post by AF2Q »

carl w3bmk carlekas@yahoo.com
This person was selling a radio shack HT.
I asked for a picture and he said he had no camera.
I asked if he would take 80.00 instead of 85.00+ shipping and he said yes.
The HT was dropped and has a broken piece at the side where the battery goes.
The speaker MIC was only a MIC because one on the pins were clipped off and it was not a RS speaker MIC
All the rig does is transmit and receive a harsh hash and the tone/SQL does not work
The battery pack is bad and he said it was a good pack.
The Mr. Nicad battery charger has the transformer falling out but I did fix that and it does charge.
He refused to refund me saying he was not in warranty business.
In one of his letters he said just snap on the pack and drop it in the charger.
Well you do that with a HTX 202 then it gets fried and that is what he was doing.
On top of a 100% non working rig it was so filthy I was having 2nd thoughts of touching it.
I told him he lied because the rig was not clean
Not in working order.
Did not have a RS speaker MIC
And the battery was bad.
I questioned the drop in charger since I never knew they had one for the HTX 202.
Below is his short note.
>no problem the charger is called mr.nicad that charges most nicad bateries i just stick the hand held in and it charges or i can just stick the battery in thanks again if it does not sale i will lower the price 73 carl w3bmk<I>>>It has the AA battery pack on it Bob with fairly fresh batteries in
it. You will need to program it for the repeaters in your area
though. You'll like that high performance rubber duck thats with it,
its a little longer than most and does a good job !

Enjoy !
Rick
KC8AON
However not wanting to sound like a begger I have a box of goodies here for homebrewers like RICK that will be going his way.
BOB
AF2Q
CARLTON

BOB AF2Q

Post by CARLTON »

I SEE BOB AF2Q HAS LEFT ME BAD FEED BACK THIS IS MY STORY ON HIM I SOLD A WORKING HTX-202 TO HIM HE ASK IF IT HAD ANY MODS I SAID NO HE SAID NO PROBLEM I CAN DO IT SO I SOLD HIM THE HTX 202 A WEEK LATER AFTER HE DID THE MOD ON IT AND BLEW IT UP HE WANTED HIS MONEY BACK I SAID NO WAY WOULD YOU RETURN HIS MONEY I DONT THINK SO AND SO AF2Q CAME UP WITH ALL THESE LIES TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD ANY WAY BEWARE OF THIS GUY AND WHAT YOU SALE TO HIM I GUESS HE WANTS A LIFE TIME WARRANTY I INSURE ALL THE RADIOS I SALE OR TRADE BUT I DONT RETURN MONEY ON MISTAKES 73 CARL W3BMK....................
kc8aon

Bad deal on HTX-202

Post by kc8aon »

It has the AA battery pack on it Bob with fairly fresh batteries in
it. You will need to program it for the repeaters in your area
though. You'll like that high performance rubber duck thats with it,
its a little longer than most and does a good job !

Enjoy !
Rick
KC8AON <snip>

Although this appears on Bob's post about the bad deal on the HTX-202, the bad one was not from me - it was from Carl, W3BMK. The one refered to above is the one I sent Bob for free in good working order and he in returns sent me lots of parts and goodies to add to the junkbox for which I am greatful !
73 Rick, KC8AON