N8LUV James McClellan bad dealings on Ebay

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4dek

Post by n4dek »

Be warned if you do any business with N8LUV James McClellan as he is a pure born again thief. I won the bid for a 706MKIIG from him on Ebay and sent him $610 but he never sent the radio. Payment was made on 12/10/06 and as of today 01/24/07 I have received nothing from him. I filed a non-receipt claim with pay-pal and they did recover $175 but that was all his account had in it so they could not recover the rest. I have sent him many emails and none have been answered so far. Hopefully pay-pal has his checking account locked so that he has no option but to return the rest of my money.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Why don't you look him up and call him , maybe he is in the hospital or something happened to him , He is an honest guy...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
n4dek

Post by n4dek »

[quote="N4ATS"]Why don't you look him up and call him , maybe he is in the hospital or something happened to him , He is an honest guy...[/quote]

Well since you know him so well maybe you could contact him because he refuses to answer my emails or phone calls.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Don't take me wrong, I am not stating you may or may not have a problem with him, I am simply stating to investigate before condemning him. I do not know him personally, however I have seen him around via other transactions and never seen a problem with him.

I emailed you before, it happened to me one time and I was really pissed only to find the seller was admitted the hospital after a heart attack. I told him get better first then worry about a radio I bought from him. Soon after he sent the radio and everything was fine along with a very apologetic letter.

I am still one of the few that trust people and look for the better in them and all I am saying is investigate if he is OK first..

Grant it if he is OK and is ripping you off , do what you can to make it known however if he is not returning or answering with NO email or NO phone calls , I doubt he is OK or had to temporarily leave his home for some type emergency.

I just went to Google.com and typed in his call. He has a positive track record.

I hope it all works out for you.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com