KD4CPS TONY VAUGHN ***RIP OFF***

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
DAVE KG6SVF

KD4CPS TONY VAUGHN ***RIP OFF***

Post by DAVE KG6SVF »

AT THIS POINT TONY VAUGHN AT 922 CHEVES RD.ZEBULON NC.HAS RIPPED OFF REV. SAM MOORE NX5Z AND MYSELF FOR CLOSE TO $500 WORTH OF STUFF...I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO STOP SHIPPMENT AND GET MY ANTENNA BACK TODAY, (LOST SHIPPING CHARGES $130.) THE GOOD REV. MOORE NX5Z WAS NOT SO LUCKY, HE LOST OUT BIG TIME (SEE FEEDBACK OF SAME POSTING)....MR. TONY (RIPOFF) VAUGHN KD4CPS TOLD US BOTH AT THE SAMETIME THAT HE HAD A YAESU FT-757 GXII THAT HE WANTED TO TRADE BUT HE HAD NO PLANS TO DEAL BUT ONLY TO STEAL FROM US. MR. RIPOFF WILL NOT COME TO THE PHONE FOR EITHER OF US WHEN WE CALL......IT'S TOO BAD THAT AHOLES LIKE THIS ARE OUT THERE....THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN GO POUND ON HIS DOOR AND MAKE IT A POINT THAT HIS ACTIONS WILL NOT BE ALOUDED ...... I'M NOT A HAM YET (WORKING ON IT) AND I KNOW THAT MOST OF YOU ARE VERY TRUSTWORTHY AND WOULD NEVER DREAM OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO OTHERS....BUT, IT DOES MAKE ONE STEP BACK AND WONDER............ IS IT WORTH IT????????
ALL FEED BACK WELCOME
73's Dave Marson 2AK1535
STOCKTON, CALIF.
NX5Z

sad commentary

Post by NX5Z »

I sent Tony Vaughn a letter indicating that he should send the radio he promised or send the guitar stuff back and, of course, he ignored the request! :(

73, Bro. Sam, NX5Z, USACA 857
NX5Z

kd4cps ripoff

Post by NX5Z »

I am still waiting :( for Tony Vaughn to contact me.

For my info, what could I do in the future to avoid this type rip-off. It appears I am not alone, since this website is full of others who have been fleeced. Would a tracking number or make them sign upon receipt have helped?

73, Bro. Sam, NX5Z
RadioBob

Mailing Slips

Post by RadioBob »

You might find yourself better protected if you get the package insured and make it so the person at the other end HAS to sign for it. This way you have the proof required under USPS to file mail fraud charges. Without it, you will have a hard time at best to recover anything even if you sent that person a money order issued under USPS or a bank. They do follow up on such instances of this kind of transactions but you MUST have documented proof before they will act. Simply mailing a person a USPS money order or a bank check is meaningless and is like sending money into the wind. :(

This is my opinion and I am sticking to it :!:
kc2cue

hey there i understand your mad but certain things will....

Post by kc2cue »

I understand what you are saying here. i feel sorry for the rev. but take it from me, blackballed from qrz.com, leave out certain words. I have three posts right under yours. If the rev wants to there are steps he can take to get his equipment back. But dont say anything that will atract too much attention to yourself. ham to ham resources on qrz has plenty i have said, and it got me blackballed. but thanks for the info.
kc2cue

ways to avoid getting ripped off

Post by kc2cue »

This is to you and all other hams how dont want to get ripped off, when you send a package on a trade, let the person know you want them to ship ups, and they have to send a validated ups tracking number with some sort of activity on the number. like a origin scan. Once you see there has been activity on the number then you can feel a little more safe in saying ok here is my box, origin scan delivered, you can check ups.com. That is what i started to do, and i am currently doing a trade with a gentleman in ca, and he did me the favor of going as far as scanning the ups ticket that he printed off the net. That would work better, a little less of a chance of him saying he sent usps, and you never get it. By the way its cheaper to ship ups.