N0EE, Great person, a fine example of a old time ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k8cbs

N0EE, Great person, a fine example of a old time ham

Post by k8cbs »

Hello All,
I posted I needed a mic connector for my DX-100, and couldnt remember the name of the connector. I had many responses, but N0EE not only responded, but two days later in my mail box was a brand new connector sent to me from John N0EE for FREE. WOW!! Its a great feeling when the unexpected happens. My hat off to John N0EE, one of the rare ones
John McGlynn K8CBS
John McGlynn
"K8CBS" The Voice of Elmore Ohio
kb9wzj

n0ee - no way

Post by kb9wzj »

I would not have dealings with this man again. He is rude, insulted my family, and after I satisfied the transaction, he failed to leave any feedback about it, not to my asking, but he said he would.

You were lucky. He gave you a three dollar connector. I have sent many people on here information and leads to what they were asking for. Sometimes it took several days to set something up and get responses to see if someone still had something, I got no thanks. I don't need a thank you to know I am doing the right thing, generally.

Be cautious.