NO DELIVERY AFTER PAYMENT FROM-KE4UOF MR BUTCH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
john porter

NO DELIVERY AFTER PAYMENT FROM-KE4UOF MR BUTCH

Post by john porter »

I SENT $350 FROM UK TO MR BUTCH BY BANK TRANSFER 3 RD NOVEMBER 2006 TO PURCHASE A YAESU FT 8500 VHF UHF RADIO FROM THIS FORUM.STILL NOTHING ARRIVED.??
SENT NUMEROUS EMAIL NO REPLY?????
I SEE HE SELLS AND BUYS ON THIS FORUM I NOTICE HE HAS ONE COMPLAINT FROM ANOTHER USER.ABOUT A AMPLIFIER.

HE MIGHT HAVE SENT THE ITEM BY SNAIL MAIL BUT AT LEAST REPLY TO EMAILS WITH TRACKING DETAILS.
IM GETTING FED UP AND READY TO TAKE ACTION

PLEASE
ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON MR BUTCH CT BROWN FROM CAPE CORAL APPRECIATED.

JOHN
g0oqe@yahoo.co.uk
john porter

Follow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by john porter »

I managed to Phone ---Charles spent 1/2 hour n phone from UK -expensive to me to ring Florida.

Charles (Butch ) is now trying to find the Tracking code surely you don't lose valuable info like that as it a lifesave to prove you sent the goods?.in the first place for my shipment which is still not here in Uk.

I think hes going to Post Office to fill in Form 245?
Whats form 245 anybody in US it means nothing in the uk to me???

Butch sound genuine?

But why after spending $50 postage have i got to wait from 6 weeks to 3 months??????? Any ideas?.

I bought 2x items from ebay:
ft 90 separation kit $18 postage was here in 3 days.

vfo 707 to fit to ft 707 radio cost $40 // cheap--postage about $30 i could not believe it when it was at my door in uk 2 days later?

Forgot to mention i bought the items from ebay AFTER i bought this radio from the US so dont say Xmass postage etc.

Come on US if you charge high postage get the gear shipped and to the customer.

Comments?
Johnp
g0oqe@yahoo.co.uk
K4ICL

Hmmmm.

Post by K4ICL »

John:
Come on US if you charge high postage get the gear shipped and to the customer.
You seem to be bashing all hams in the US because of your problem with one person. I hope these is only an erroneous perception on my part.

You don't say how the item was shipped. If AIR PARCEL POST it should be there already. If by SURFACE PARCEL POST (read slow boat to China), it MIGHT get there in another month.

K4ICL
john porter

Post by john porter »

Not bashing all US hams certainly not- as the ebay US hams seem to charge correct postage and get the Gear to you.
Hence my 2 items from ebay recently..

My concern with Overseas (not just US) is why do people charge high postage then send the item at a lower price.

Example only

$50 to uk
When you recieve it 10 weeks later (if it arrives)
You find the item in original box with a bit of brown wrapping paper with name and adress on it.
The postage is $15 on the stamps

What happens to the other $35?????
Even with the bus fare to Post office i can accept a couple of $

In the person's pocket i bet

I have seen experianced the above over and over again

I suggest when one advertises a item for sale the get a TRUE price to post and pack and not guess off the top of there head
I do

Method of postage who knows nobody seens to tell you how they post it , they seem to grab the cash and send it how they feel at the time. ( i think).

Can some one HELP

What isFrom 245 in the USPS?????????

No one has told me yet and i am not ringing Florida again to find out

Cheers

I am still waiting for that tracking number--like waiting for a London Bus.

john porter

Horraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa radio arrived follow up Please read!!!

Post by john porter »

Hello
Well the said radio arrived in uk at at my qth 27th December 2006
yes 2006

As stated earlier in previous list i knew it would happen!!!!!

t was packed in a box from a Supermarket with Strawberry Jam written on it

A bit of bubble wrap round the radio?

No manual

No original box

No foam packing

Wires had been cut of so no connecting plug-- but he left the fuse on
with bare ends to connect to power supply

Down to postage.

I paid $300 for radio

$50 for post/packing
Packing i described above ..Huuuuu

Post!

Well it cost $10.75 to post with Economy
and fragile written on it Very nice of him!

At least the radio still works after it s Sea Trip from the States
Says something for Yaesu rigs.

Question
What happened to my Change=$39.25 ?

Last time ill buy from here and get

Ripped Off!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry!!!!

by by
Johnp
g0oqe@yahoo.co

Not all USA hams are like this i state

but BUTCH certainly is
BEWARE LADS & Lasses

[/u]
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

You said last time I buy from here, you did not say last time I buy from Butch.

I dont know Butch, but based on your description understand how you might not want to deal with him again, since he apparantly has made multiple errors in how he handled the situation.

I would like to make one point, however, please understand that it isnt not buying from "here" you need to target, please keep things in perspective.

One indivudual does not comprise all of QTH.com. This board is a great service to the Ham Community and there are many who, know how, and ship quiet alot over seas.

Sorry you had the difficulties on this one, I am sure the next one will be better.

BOB AD5VJ