a Complaint with KE4UOF

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
hamoperator

a Complaint with KE4UOF

Post by hamoperator »

Hi Scott, KA9FOX My Name is Cliff Davis Ka4ace Fr NC Wake Forest .My Complaint Is with This Fellow who calls Himself Mr. Butch.KE4uof,We Purchase a Amp 1200 Swan" As Working" For $300.00 .We Recived it and Has Bob Said It didnt work ..Open it up and their was wires cut no input and out put connections and small transform just laying inside I have Pictures to Prove it and I Have Documention of email sent to me FR MR.Butch KE4UOF..By The way Bob Is The Chief Engineer for WTTA TV Tampa ,FL. Who I found who check this Amp out for me and could verify all of his findding was as I Stated..This is a e-mail sent to me from Mr. Butch On hi cliff well good news..got the money order today and even thoe it was friday the 13th 2006 i went out in traffic here and got it sent out to you be their by tuesday.. your tracking# is ..1z4e665v0363098547 for you go cliff, hope you enjoy your amp...it WORKED Good HERE..have great weekend ...ke4uof Scott I was very up set that another Ham could do this kind of thing..I have The most respect for Hamoperators... But their is away someone out their making bad for others PS Scott I had to use My Daughter Account To Log into QTH My Email Is ham1942@yahoo.com Tnxs For your Time
K4ICL

What have you done to have him correct the problem.

Post by K4ICL »

You do not say whether or not you contacted the seller and asked him to explain the finding of the Tampa Engineer. If so, what did you request of him and what what his answer.

What I am trying to learn is what actions you have taken to return the non-working amp and get your money back.

Apparently, you paid with a money order. Was it a US Postal Money Order? If so did you file a fraud complaint against the seller?

K4ICL
john porter

mr butch owes me a radio for $350

Post by john porter »

i am still awaiting a yaesu ft 8500 radio from mr butch sent bank transfer fes $350 3rd november 2006 no radio recieved in uk.
no emails replied to send about 6????
KI4G

Thanks

Post by KI4G »

Mr. Butch responded to one of my want ads today and I was about to send him a Money Order tomorrow for a rig - sure am glad I found this before I let go of the money!!!! Now I understand why he would not take PayPal !!!!

Saddens me that we have this type of folks in Ham Radio.

Bob
KI4G