W8GQ not a guy i care to deal with!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4lid

W8GQ not a guy i care to deal with!

Post by n4lid »

About 3 weeks ago i listed my Corsair II which i did not take out of line till i shipped(worked just fine) for sale or trade. W8GQ emailed me and we did a even swap ,I received the rig and had to do a full reset to get it up and going,he received the corsair II and sent me a email(which i still have) stating how much he liked it.Today i received the corsair back with a different hand mic and no power cord and the radio now does not work at all.He has my email address and phone number and never bothered to contact me.In the box was a note saying the radio is in need of serious repair beyond his skills and wants his radio back.So i I just thought i would like to hear your opinions.My opinion is send the corsair II back to him and he can do with it as he pleases.
K4ICL

Send it back!

Post by K4ICL »

The gent's unwillingness to communicate with you about the radio you traded to him did not leave you any room for any other option. You have no way of knowing if:

1) the radio was damaged by the new owner because of operator error,
2) the radio was damaged during shipping,
3) the radio was hit by lightning at his QTH,
4) the radio was misused by the new owner or one of his friends, his kids, or is dog, or
5) any other possible reason the radio does not make the new owner happy.

Returning an incomplete radio or with the wrong accessories should tell you quite a bit about the other fellow.

If it were my decision, I would ask for the price of shipping it back to the new owner and If he fails to prepay to get it shipped back, put the radio on a shelf in a safe place and wait for him to come around to your way thinking. Likely, he will eventually get around to communicating with you.

Good luck on finding a suitable solution. In the mean time, enjoy the radio you traded for. Why not?

Cheers,

K4ICL
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

:roll: sounds like of a case of operator error golden screwdriver or hooked it up backwards it worked when he got it :P

8) chuck
k8vf

n4lid query

Post by k8vf »

All I know is that I got a rig from you a while back and it was exactly as you said, so.......

Tell him thanks for the nice gift? Nah!

I might do the request for prepaid shipping to wake him up.

You have backers here, Tim.

Mark
K8VF