Beware of KD7OFJ, James Hills

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8PQB

Beware of KD7OFJ, James Hills

Post by N8PQB »

James Hills
17923 Jordan St SW
Rochester, WA 98579
360-292-0139

Callsign lookup shows the following address, but I shipped to the above one.

1201 S. Chestnut 607
Ellensburg, WA 98926

I had a trade deal with this guy, He SAID he shipped his part, I shipped my side.
After a week when I asked him to follow-up on his shipment because it hadn't arrived as scheduled, he said he mixed up the shipments to me and another guy, and mine had come back to him. Again he promised and confirmed he had shipped it out to me.
After another week, still no parcel, so I contacted him again, he said he had lied and had not shipped it. At that point I assumed he was trying to pull a fast one. I advised him I was contacting his local sheriff. He then emailed me and promised to ship it out the next day and begged me to not call the sheriff. So I gave him one last chance, that time he did ship the item, and it did arrive as promised.
This has a happy ending, after nearly three weeks, but I doubt he would have ever shipped his side of the deal if I had not pursued him.
I would advise anyone dealing with this guy to NOT ship anything until you get his side of any deal.
He mainly lists computer equipment, says he does not have ham gear.

Tom, N8PQB