Yet another EBAY Scammer!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ve2xb

Yet another EBAY Scammer!!!

Post by ve2xb »

Hello,
In Alliance with eBay Team we make acquaintance that we have honour to invite for participate purchasing at this product (Kenwood TS-870S , like new, estate sale. Perfect condi) from the results that you bid recently for it. If you are still intrested in buyng this unit(s), the price for it is 300 USD and i will pay the shipping an handling taxes. The item is brand new with international warranty 2 years. The deal will be through eBay and this transaction will also be covered under eBay Safety Protection Program. The shipping will take 2-3 day because i will shipp with UPS Express Air Line First Class. If you wish to know more about this offer and for buyng the product that we have offer for selling, please don`t hesitate to contact us for more informations. If you are intrested e-mail me back to my e-mail: roofjoan@yahoo.com for more details.
Thank you.
BE CAREFUL. These guys are getting so sophisticated and their emails look legit as if they were sent by Ebay members.
This one is so sloppy and the english is obviously from someone whose english is not his/her first language, but I have seen others that are so slick, that they make you do a double-take. They use Ebay graphics/images and look so real.
report these to spoof@ebay.com
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

But come on, a TS-870 for $300 ...sign me up.

Anyone who believes an ad like that deserves to have their money taken. That one is just too obvious. Just what is an "international warranty" !!

VE3TMT
ve2xb

Ebay Scammer...

Post by ve2xb »

Yes, I know it's silly to see an 870 for 300 bux, but it will go up tomorrow as I keep chatting with this nutjob.
I have seen "second chance" offers for same price as closing bid saying that the winning bidder failed to complete the transcation. That is probably the most hidious and insidious ones using identical graphics as Ebay.
Mike
ve2xb

Ebay Scammer...

Post by ve2xb »

ok...sir
my adress is
:
First name :Roof
Last name :Joan
Street: Via S. Ottavio 20
City: Torino
Zip code: 30173

The total price for 1 unit is 300 USD and i will pay the shipping an handling taxes.

This is off to Ebay authorities.
Quite a kick...
Mike
WV4I

Too Good to be True, but.....

Post by WV4I »

>>>But come on, a TS-870 for $300 ...sign me up.

Anyone who believes an ad like that deserves to have their money taken. That one is just too obvious. Just what is an "international warranty" !! <<<

A newer Ham might go for it. Nobody deserves to be ripped off.

Link,
WV4I.....
w2co

Another eBay scammer

Post by w2co »

Regarding "If you wish to know more about this offer and for buyng the product that we have offer for selling, please don`t hesitate to contact us for more informations. If you are intrested e-mail me back to my e-mail: roofjoan@yahoo.com for more details. "

I don't believe that if the message truely came from eBay second chance service that the persons email would show up like that. Another thing is to always always check the "My Messages" in your "My eBay" to see if the message shows up there. If it doesn't it's a fraud...
Just my 2c
Tom
W2CO
BSET, GROL w/Ship Radar, A.R.S. W2CO