kb4HAN--TS-870

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ve2xb

kb4HAN--TS-870

Post by ve2xb »

Glenn is an honest guy.
He is selling a kenwood ts-870 and admits that the rig is not in pristine condx but has some visible wear on the buttons.
Good guy for being honest and forthright unlike many on qth.com
Mike
Wayland k4ws

Ve2xb or ve2xb/1

Post by Wayland k4ws »

Mike, good to see you again. I don't know the gentleman that you
are giving accolades to but I feel sure that he must be honest if you
say so.

However, why would you choose to say that most on qth.com are not
forthcoming or honest like the genleman above. When you saw my terms
on my ad 650.00 plus shipping, and you sent the email I will take it and
then listed 650 as the amount you were shipping, did you unintentionally
try to have me eat my shipping costs? I I saw that you had retracted a bid on another "6" station after telling him you were going to buy his item, and that was after seeing your call listed strangely in his ad as ve2xb not need repsond. I just wondered and emailed him.

Please have respect and don't use all incluse or almost all inclusive words
like "MOST HAMS ON HERE ARE NOT HONEST" to go backwards with your
quote. Thank you and you are still invited to my qth and play with my radio
on your way through the South. I have a Rockwell John Wayne portrait you
might like! Really! I have plenty of time now to read feedback and interject.
73 Wayland k4ws
Wayland k4ws
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Mike...I am glad you finally brought your remarks here to feedback and off the
list. I think this is the proper forum. 73....Sam W8VVE
ve2xb

Wayland...K4WS

Post by ve2xb »

Mike, good to see you again. I don't know the gentleman that you
are giving accolades to but I feel sure that he must be honest if you
say so.

However, why would you choose to say that most on qth.com are not
forthcoming or honest like the genleman above. When you saw my terms
on my ad 650.00 plus shipping, and you sent the email I will take it and
then listed 650 as the amount you were shipping, did you unintentionally
try to have me eat my shipping costs? No, but your ad said all filters am, cw, ssb, so I asked you to check the filters. Then you said that it didn't have all the filters, and then you said it was scuffed, touched up and so on, so I made an offer based on that. It is also an old radio. That may have been misunderstood by both of us. We agreed to wait until a visual inspection plus social meeting could be done. II may have been overzealous in my reply. I apologize for that. And you're right that most people on qth. com are indeed honest traders. I was probably replying out of some experience of being burned a couple of times. Who hasn't right? It's part of trading and that is quite evident on Ebay with a lot of unsrucupulous traders, some hams, some not. I have heard some hams on the air talking about how they sell gear on Ebay that is broken and then say it was damaged in shipping. I may be a bit cynical from this sort of thing. I have received a radio that was sold to me on Ebay and was DOA. Then the guy said it was tough noogies and no returns. At the same time, I bought a radio on qth.com or eham that arrived in non working order and he sent a check back and is trying to work it out so that we are both aiming for a good outcome.That has restored my faith to no end.
I tend to stay away from Ebay if I can. To be truthful, I have had some excellent experiences on qth.com and eham.net. and radios were delivered as advertized. However, there are some misdeeds going on. Some people are only telling if asked and that shouldn't be, right?

I I saw that you had retracted a bid on another "6" station after telling him you were going to buy his item, and that was after seeing your call listed strangely in his ad as ve2xb not need repsond. I just wondered and emailed him.
I have the emails. I asked him several questions about ownership and year purchased which he did not respond to. Then, he said that during the questions (which wasted his time he said) he found another buyer who would pay full price. I moved on and found another 870 that was more to my liking so we both got what we wanted. Now he is angry bcuz I asked so many questions.

Please have respect and don't use all incluse or almost all inclusive words
like "MOST HAMS ON HERE ARE NOT HONEST" to go backwards with your
quote. Yes, I agree. I reacted with haste with that. I apologize sincerely for that. and will not use all inclusive words like all, etc.
I think dialogue is healthy and constructive. Let's try to put this into perspective and not become destructive in our comments. I think the 6 guy, WB6MYL airing out his laundry in public was unethical and inapproriate in an ad and left me no choice but to respond to his silliness.
I would love to visit your shack sometime.
Thank you and you are still invited to my qth and play with my radio
on your way through the South. I have a Rockwell John Wayne portrait you
might like! Really! I have plenty of time now to read feedback and interject.
73 Wayland k4ws

ve2xb

Post by Wayland k4ws »

Mike, that was a from the heart reply and a good one. I think everything is
understood now, and we all agree on here and all other sites that there will
always be some unscrupulous types. We have to constantly be on the alert.
My filters were at least the factory stock that came with the radio and evidently
more, but I am not sure if am/fm boards, filters, came with the initial purchase ,but that is history. I get very uneasy when I see filters advertised
on any site. I think of the poor soul that was robbed of those, but sometimes
radios get hit by lighting, break down and salvaging becomes necessary,
but I have friends that I won't buy a radio from unless I see the stock filters
which mine had.

Again, a nice kind reply, and I agree on the basis, and I, too, sometimes jump
the gun from previous burnings, and should take a little more water with
me! hi Thanks and enjoyed it. Going to my favorite hideout in the Smokey
chain to dine tonight with family. That is not negotiable! hi 73 Wayland k4ws
Wayland k4ws
ve2xb

wayland cont'd...

Post by ve2xb »

Wayland,
Excellent! Don't you like it when there is a happy ending to a long misunderstood saga.
I think that you're a fair, decent fellow and am proud to know you.
By the way, I got this from a potential buyer:
jennifer marry <jennifermarry10000> Signed-By: yahoo.com | Mailed-By: yahoo.com
To: "Mike S." <thedogateit>
Date: Aug 31, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: PAYMENT

Thanks for the mail , the price is okay by me and i am ready to purchase from you immediately, i am ok with $1250. . for the[FT-1000mp }, and i want you to delete the ad from the website, i have a reputable shipper that will take care of shipping from your end i want to let you know i have a client in the state that is oweing me a sum of $5,000..., i will instruct him to issue you a ertified cashier's cheque on my behalf and as soon as cheque arrives, you hold out your amount and send the difference to my shipper for the pick up in your place, i hope i can trust you for my balance and also you will be contacting my shipper with all neccesary information needed for pick up in your place ( FT-1000mp ),if this terms are okay by you, do get back to me with the following details wicthpaymentbe made Out to you like this:
Home Address...
Full Name on cheque..
State...
Zipcode...
Country...
Telephone Number...
Mobilep! hone number...
Fax Number...
Do get back to me asap with this
details for payment to be made out to you
immediately.
Waiting to hearing from you

wonders never cease...this is an obvious scam from this jennifer marry, no call of course.

Have a great dinner!
Kindest reagrds,
Mike
ve2xb

phil harris, WB6MYL---What happened to you?

Post by ve2xb »

We patched things up over a long misunderstanding but you have not kept your promise. Why not?
Your words,
Mike:

Thanx for the sincere remarks; if you are serious, would you please considering pulling your most recent ad from eham and the serial number issue; this serves no purpose except to hurt my attempt to sell this fine machine. I will edit my ad and take my personal comment out. Kind regards to you, too. Phil
I pulled my ads but you haven't pulled yours.

After we agreed to be civil towards each other:
Thats fine; I think the classifieds manager is going to remove it soon, but it would be better if you deleted your own ad and I will edit mine. Warm regards and take care and thank you. Phil

Still waiting Phil...
You are not being fair or keeping your word.
Pse do the right thing.. It is the humanitarian, decent and imperative action to take.
Kind regards,
Mike
ve2xb

Phil Harris--WB6MYL

Post by ve2xb »

Phil,
Thanks for keeping your word. I'm glad that we were able to resolve this matter and that it is now history.
Kind regards,
Mike, ve2xb