VE3JNC / VA3FH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA5KHI

VE3JNC / VA3FH

Post by KA5KHI »

I purchased a Yaesu FT-102 on or about 3/20/02 from VE3JNC, Helmut Fink 865 Martin Grove, Rexdale, Ontario, Canada. It was delivered with a severly damaged VFO Knob pushed in and frozen. I emailed this seller to begin a damage claim on His end and received no reply from Him. It seems that He buys only FT-102s and I wonder if He is buying them already damaged and selling them as in excellent condx, I have my doubts. He thought I forgot about it. I lost $500.00 after the USPostal Service was notified and they said that I had to contact the seller...Never heard from Seller again and He uses the same picture in all of His ads " BEWARE "
zs735

Now posting as VA3FH.

Post by zs735 »

Thank you for notifying about helmut.

He is now posting the ads under VA3FH and signing as HEINZ. THere is an ad for FL2100 .

"PRICE $500.00us
++SHIPPING
Listing #395568 - Submitted on 1/29/04 by Callsign VA3FH "

I did contact him; got the reply from Helmut Fink. Also the price was too unrealistic. Reply - because the FL2100B is in mint condition. I asked why has he posted the ad under Heinz NOT Helmut. No reply.

It is the same person; check out www.rac.ca callsign database.

Callsign: VA3FH
Name: Helmut Heinz Fink
Address: 1865 MARTIN GROVE RD APT. 1205
ETOBICOKE, ON M9V 3S7

Callsign: VE3JNC
Name: Helmut Heinz Fink
Address: 1865 MARTIN GROVE RD APT. 1205
ETOBICOKE, ON M9V 3S7

I hope that people remain alert on this person as he is posting under different call.

Thanks

Sajid
ve6ne

The HELMUT & HEINZ show! VE3JNC, VA3FH etc

Post by ve6ne »

Yes, good ol´ Helmut. I bought a Yaesu SP901P from him...not via QTH.com but an Ontario Swap & Shop. It was supposed to be a perfect, no marks anywhere example. It was marked up as one would expect with a used item, and certainly not perfect. But the kicker was someone´s SSN (SIN in Canada) scratched into the rear top side of all places. I queried him on this and the reply was "gee, sure never saw that...sorry!" One would have had to be legally blind not to have seen that. And that was the end of it......no further offer of restitution. Now I see he has a "PERFECT" Yaesu FT-ONE listed for a much higher price than one can buy on ebay. He has had this listed on the Ontario swap site for months. I think most know his reputation. One would be a fool to buy it sight unseen. He actually makes "radio-mart" look good.
cpyou

Post by cpyou »

Hi all,
This is my first post here.
I would strongly advise all who have had bad dealings with Helmut to write to Nick at the ontarioswapshop.com and tell him just what happened.
I think Nick (who is the senior editor at the swap shop) would be happy to hear from you.
He (Helmut) wanted to "share updates with me on Yahoo, i declined.
He is sneaky, you have good reason to be weary.

cpyou
ve6ne

Post by ve6ne »

Good idea, just did so, but probably old news.

Wayne