NL7AX Michael Landa - Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Ultanium

NL7AX Michael Landa - Beware

Post by Ultanium »

A little off topic but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on a broker named Michael Landa of Landa and Associates. He runs several websites selling surplus towers and other transmission line equipment from the Seattle and Bothell Washington area. We ordered and paid $10k for a used 460' Rohn 80 tower that was in "good condition", and what we got was a 20 year old bent up junk. See details of this transaction on our website at http://www.bishoptower.com/landa

Tom Johnson KB5PGH
Nova Electronics
Bishop Tower Company
Dallas / Houston
214-725-5621
281-620-9249
K4ICL

Doesn't a 10,000 deal warrent a vist to see the equipment?

Post by K4ICL »

Can't speak for others, but if I was contemplating purchasing a ten thousand dollar item, I would take the precaution of inspecting it before I paid for it.

K4ICL
Ultanium

Post by Ultanium »

You are right, but this guy is a Rohn dealer and if you cannot trust a
dealer who can you trust? We were promised a thorough inspection and never
got one, we didn't even get a Rohn 80 or 460' of tower or anything else we
paid for. This is fraud and larceny and we just want everyone to know this
guy is out there waiting for some other trusting sole to send him money. We
did a usenet search before sending any money which turned up nothing
derogatory, his ebay rating is very good, he is even a fellow HAM, but these
factors obviously did not matter at all. You are correct though, BUYER
BEWARE.

Tom
KB5PGH
K4ICL

What next?

Post by K4ICL »

Tom:

I understand the frustration of the situation. Because of the amount of money involved, if a criminal act has been committed it would be considered GRAND (Grand theft, Grand larcney or whatever,) all felonies. If you have not received what you ordered, don't you have legal recourse? Has your company sought any legal advise? If not, it might be something to consider.

K4ICL
K6LVD

Tower not correct

Post by K6LVD »

You might consider going to the Postal Inspector for a Mail Fraud complaint, IF , he mailed you the invoice by USPS, in fact, it might be worth it to do it even if it was faxed.

Bye the bye, it is important to inspect goods before unloading, or during unloading, so that they items can be rejected as non-conforming when delivered. Might be a little late for that, but remember it in the future.

Was that the bill of lading that you posted or the invoice? what did the Bill of Lading say about the goods?

ozzie3
The Santa Rosa Trader Jack used to run the Radios that Glow in the Dark Net on7240. Til this computer and old age got me.
Ultanium

Post by Ultanium »

We actually noted the damage on both Bill of Ladings and I have given these to our attorney. Yesterday Mr Landa sent us postal mail threatening to put a mechanics lien our my home if we did not pay over $3000 worth of made up charges he is claiming at 18% interest. We only owe Mr Landa $931 for shipping, but I refuse to pay shipping for goods we have not received. I think I am right to do this, anyone disagree? I am just putting it all in my attorneys hands and will continue to update the website like I did today with the latest news. Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions, I am putting them to use on *any* transaction I do over the internet from now on!

Tom Johnson
KB5PGH
N5KBP

Look what Mr landa is selling now

Post by N5KBP »

Just saw this on ebay. This guy will sell anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4672
kc8yxa

Re: Look what Mr landa is selling now

Post by kc8yxa »

n5kbp wrote:Just saw this on ebay. This guy will sell anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4672
Question is does he own it In the first place ?
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Landa is at it again! Not only is he selling military hardware, etc, he is now revolutionizing RF physics! He has this ad currently running on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3082177802
Most people don't realize that a "high gain" 205, 20 meter monoband antenna only has 4 elements! And no wonder that it is HIGH GAIN -- those 4 elements deliver a whopping 28 db of gain! I think that the extra gain is probably due to the almost zero SWR.
The formula for SWR is:

S = 1 + [square root of (r/f)/1 - square root of (r/f)]

where S is SWR, r is reflected power and f is forward power.

That makes anything less than 1 very difficult to achieve (it is 1 PLUS....). In order to achieve the zero SWR, the gain would have to be well into the 28 db range!!

This guy is a threat to all of the laws of physics. "Fraud" would be a kind term.