KI4OQP, Greg Butler did not deliver TS-2000

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
leer66

KI4OQP, Greg Butler did not deliver TS-2000

Post by leer66 »

I also paid Greg Butler, KI4OQP, of Louisville, KY for the TS-2000 he advertised on this site about two weeks ago. No shipping information has ever been received or any other correspondence has been forthcoming from him. My guess is that he left his mailing address shortly after receiving money from various people. I had several email contacts with him before sending money and determined that he seemed to be on the level. He even offered to let me come pick up the radio from him or have it shipped. I recommend any buyers talk to their customers and get plenty of assurances before buying or selling.
Bob Lee
830-931-9609
WR4N

Post by WR4N »

Bob made an important point ... talk to your seller! I make a habit out of requiring a home or business phone number ... in addition to whatever cell phone number might be provided. Also, by speaking with the seller, and asking relevent questions ... you can often smell a rat!

In the case of Greg Bulter, my guess is that he lives with "momma" ... some other relative ... or some friend. He would not provide a home number ... so he could keep his scamming hidden from whoever he was living with. (After all, he made them an accessory to mail fraud ... a felony charge!)

Again ... GET A HOME OR BUSINESS NUMBER ... & TALK TO THE SELLER!
leer66

Greg Butler settled with me.

Post by leer66 »

After much email communications, I have settled this issue with Greg and am hoping this was just a bad period in his life. He told me this past weekend he had sent money and it did arrive today in the form of cash.
Bob Lee
na6m

According to the FCC ULS:

Post by na6m »

W4AJF

Greg Bultler

Post by W4AJF »

Hi Bob, I do need to mention that Greg Butler only paid you part of what he owes you and really still owes you some more money. He still owes me money (ALL of what he took from me) and 2 other people as well. His last move was to send me a payment in the form of a personal check on an account that had been closed for months!! He has now "disappeared" but I am not giving up, he defrauded several people and he needs to be held accountable.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
K4ICL

Butler's new FCC posted address:

Post by K4ICL »

KI4OQP

BUTLER, GREGORY D
4855 N SUNGOLD LANE
CASTLE ROCK, CO 80109
W4AJF

Greg Butler finally paid me!

Post by W4AJF »

Well folks, I got lucky. It seems Greg Butlers parents are good people and decided to clear their sons debt. They hired an attorney and I contacted him and at his request I forwared him a copy of my bank check that Greg Butler deposited, a copy of the bad check that Greg Butler gave me, and all the information about the transaction. I just received a check for the full amount owed me, $1,000.00 so I am satisfied and Greg Butler no longer owes me any money, the debt is cleared. Luckily there are still some good people left out there! Thanks for all who listened.
Anyone still needed help with this issue please contact me.
Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com