Help with Greg Butler KI4OQP, buyer beware?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi Tom, yes, thanks again for all the support. I am still working on the other "young fellow" in CO, may take some time but I'm not giving up. CO is still one great state!

Later,

Adam Farber W4AJF
n4zkf

Post by n4zkf »

I'm still waiting on my money from them. I faxed all the proof and email chain between Greg an myself to the lawyer but nothing yet.

73 Dave
n4zkf
KE5HTB

letter from FCC on butler

Post by KE5HTB »

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Enforcement Bureau
Spectrum Enforcement Division
1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325-7245

October 11, 2006

Gregory D. Butler
3402 Fountain Drive Apt 1
Louisville, KY 40219

RE: Amateur Radio License KI4OQP; Case #EB-2006-2919

Dear Mr. Butler:

Enclosed is a copy of a complaint filed alleging fraudulent sales of electronic equipment. The allegations, if true, may reflect adversely upon your character qualifications to hold an Amateur radio license.

Section 308(b) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. gives the Commission the authority to obtain information from applicants and licensees about the operation of their station and their qualifications to remain a licensee. Accordingly, you are requested to fully address the enclosure and respond to this office within 20 days. You are also requested to describe in detail any other complaints made to you regarding sales of electronic equipment including failure to ship items after payment was received, and what action, if any, you took after receiving the complaint. Furnish copies of any written complaints and written responses, if any.

In an inquiry of this type we are required to notify you that a willfully false or misleading reply constitutes a separate violation made punishable under United States Code Title 18, Section 1001.

Enclosure

cc: Northeastern Regional Director
n4zkf

Paid

Post by n4zkf »

I have received payment in full from Mr. Butlers lawyer. The matter with me is concluded.

Dave
n4zkf