BEWARE-SCAMMED BY KC5VCR-he has 23 0ther posts

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4PEC

BEWARE-SCAMMED BY KC5VCR-he has 23 0ther posts

Post by N4PEC »

He received my postal money order on 7-10-06 for item #539637 RCI 2990 w/fan kit.To this day,I have received nothing but excuses.He sent it but won't give tracking #.I call him and get answering machine.Stopped replying to my emails and hide behind answering machine at home.My advise,deal with someone else.I know I am.Thanks for reading,may save you from making same mistake..Didn't send tracking # untill I made this post.Shipped 7-17-06;received 7-20-06."like new" was all scratched up with large fresh scratches."Fan Kit" was fan strapped on back with nylon ties.All you guys that took up for him,you buy from him.I won't buy from him again!73's
Last edited by N4PEC on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC4GMY

KC5VCR on QRZ.COM

Post by KC4GMY »

:idea: Check Ham to Ham References :idea:

http://www.qrz.com/board.html
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4XFA

KC5VCR

Post by N4XFA »

I have purchased a radio from him and I received exactly what was advirtised. I made an offer that was a little low, but made up for it with very prompt payment (tnx to by firm's Fed-Ex account). I have to admit, he was a little slow to get the radio shipped, around one week late, but it did come through as promised; who knows. I did fire off a nasty letter to him and I found out that the letter was pre-mature and unnecessary. The first UPS tracking number was off by one (1) digit [added "5" in the middle of the number], but the radio was shipped before he could have received my nasty email to him.

I am a former State prosecutor and can be a little rough and tough skinned. However, he did come through; and don't forget, his information is on the FCC's website. Redress would not be an issue and I am sure he knows that.
Otherwise, I will be dealing with him in the future.

My recc., to anyone who has issues or questions, get the information up front. Set everything in stone: payment, shipping, timming thereof, etc. As to the other posts, sri guys, he came through for me.

Best regards,
Chris
N4XFA
W0LC

Don't know what to say

Post by W0LC »

Sometimes, expecting someone to ship immediately isn't realistic. I usually ship items out at the end of the week simply because it is the only time I can drop it off at the shipper. Some individuals like myself, aren't set up to be shippers and have to collect the materials after receipt of payment.

I use to get items ready to ship only to never receive a payment and why go through all the cost up front for nothing.

If it had been a month or even two weeks, I could have been concerned, but not after only a week.
KA0I

KC5VCR

Post by KA0I »

I got stung by KC5VCR several years ago on a VHF amplifier. Sounds like he's still the same. I had to contact him several times asking when the item was shipped. He kept saying he had already shipped it. I think it took nearly a month to show up. When it finally arrived, it was very poorly packaged, damaged in shipment, and didn't work properly. Even though it was damaged, it was apparent that it did not work prior to shipment.

I used to see him at hamfests, looking like something the cat dragged in, always with a table full of junk equipment that had obviously been misused, neglected, and abused.