KD7VEA ALERT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N1RFS

KD7VEA ALERT

Post by N1RFS »

On june 10th i (N1RFS) sent this person a money order of 600.00 (postal money) for a ft-100 and a MK3 antenna.He received the money and said that it would take a few days to clear it.He said that he had the items boxed up and would send them out as soon as the bank clears the M.O..That was the last time i have heard from him(JULY 1).I have sent him a number of e-mails and left a number of messages on his phone.Has anyone else had any dealings with this person?Also does anyone have any advise as to what i should do next?

73's Ray
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

call the po and see if the money order has been cashed do a search on him he has a lot of hits on yahoo didn't try google send him a certified letter tell him if you don't receive the radio or the money back you are going to call the local police dept contact the ham club he belongs to ask for help they don't like bad eggs in their clubs you can get his clubs name from the yahoo search seems he is active in emergency work their in UT if no luck file mail fraud with the po and there is an internet site for fraud also sorry don't have the address

73 chuck